GDT: YoungStars GM 2: Canucks vs. Jets - 2:00PM PST - Stream - Canucks.Com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bad Goalie

Jan 2, 2014
WTF? With the not so sterling efforts from Sautner, Cederholm, Neill, and Brisebois vs. the Oilers, why the **** is McEneny not getting on the ice vs. the Jets? Is this another one of JB's I didn't draft him so **** him?????

Iceberg Slim

May 9, 2010
Vancouver
WTF? With the not so sterling efforts from Sautner, Cederholm, Neill, and Brisebois vs. the Oilers, why the **** is McEneny not getting on the ice vs. the Jets? Is this another one of JB's I didn't draft him so **** him?????

Seems like this tourney is all about the coaches and management getting looks at the players they want to see more of. If it was about winning games, McEneny would have been a lock for today and game one versus the Oilers.

And probably those are the right priorities as the results of these games are about as close to meaningless as they get.

That said, I'm a little surprised to see Olson sitting out two games, given he's a new pick. Could easily rotate the D group so the guys only miss a single game through the tourney.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
Looks like these are the lines;

Gaunce - McCann - Virtanen
LaBate - Cassels - Zalewski
Shinkaruk - Zhukenov - Fox
Stewart - Gardiner - Martin

Hutton - Sautner
Brisebois - Subban
Olson - McEneny

Whistle

Zaddy91

Respectful Handshake
Jul 22, 2014
Vancouver
I'm sure Virtanen has heard all the talk about people wanting Ehlers over him. I wouldn't be surprised if Ehlers finds himself on the train tracks later today.

The best part about virtanen is the gap in physicality is alrdy so large. When virtanen is a man he's just gonna be wolverine on skates.

Bad Goalie

Jan 2, 2014
Seems like this tourney is all about the coaches and management getting looks at the players they want to see more of. If it was about winning games, McEneny would have been a lock for today and game one versus the Oilers.

And probably those are the right priorities as the results of these games are about as close to meaningless as they get.

That said, I'm a little surprised to see Olson sitting out two games, given he's a new pick. Could easily rotate the D group so the guys only miss a single game through the tourney.

"That said, I'm a little surprised to see Olson sitting out two games, given he's a new pick."

Yeah, that kinda pokes a hole in your explanation. Makes no sense to put these guys on a roster if you don't plan to play them all.

Maybe Evan gets the final game. However, he was cut back to Jrs. last season without even getting a chance to make the Comets first. At season's end he didn't get to at least practice in Utica like other prospects.

I don't think the Canucks' braintrust(?) believes in his abilities. Signing undrafted Sautner to an ELC proves my point. He looked excellent in his first look didn't he?

Edit: Now seeing that McEneny is apparently slated for today's game makes my comment here look inane. Hope he shows us something. Know he will be in Utica's camp on the first year of his ELC. I see him making the Comets as one of the extra D if they pick up the much needed third vet D-man. If they don't, I place him at #6. He is better than Cederholm and Sautner and Negrin is 26 (though he may still remain in Utica as a press box #7/8 while the other two to go to the Zoo where they will get regular shift ice time).

Last edited:

Balls Mahoney

2015-2016 HF Premier League World Champion
Aug 14, 2008
Legend
Looks like these are the lines;

Gaunce - McCann - Virtanen
LaBate - Cassels - Zalewski
Shinkaruk - Zhukenov - Fox
Stewart - Gardiner - Martin

Hutton - Sautner
Brisebois - Subban
Olson - McEneny

Whistle

It'll be good to see McEneny tonight. To me he's a question mark. He's not really on my radar as legit prospect and he never really struck a cord with me but he's got some fans on here so I'll be watching him closely.

tc 23

#GaunceForGM
Dec 11, 2012
Vancouver
Happy to see McEneny in the lineup against the Jets. McEneny's been my darkhorse prospect to watch for a while now. Unfortunate that it seems the organization under Benning has dropped him down on the depth chart. Hope he has a good showing this afternoon and camp to raise his stock on the team and earn a spot in Utica.

Intangibos

High-End Intangibos
Apr 5, 2010
Burnaby
Yep, it's looking like that's Benning's MO. Difficult to defend that kind of nonsense.

Well, while I would agree Benning has shown some favoritism towards his guys, McEneny is playing today so it probably isn't the best example.

ihaveyuidonttouchme

MrShiftbyShiftGuy
Feb 21, 2009
Vancouver
www.youtube.com
Happy to see McEneny in the lineup against the Jets. McEneny's been my darkhorse prospect to watch for a while now. Unfortunate that it seems the organization under Benning has dropped him down on the depth chart. Hope he has a good showing this afternoon and camp to raise his stock on the team and earn a spot in Utica.

yup ditto on that

JumpierPegasus

Mar 3, 2011
Abbotsford, BC
It'll be good to see McEneny tonight. To me he's a question mark. He's not really on my radar as legit prospect and he never really struck a cord with me but he's got some fans on here so I'll be watching him closely.

He's one of those players that like I wouldn't be surprised if he did nothing, but also wouldn't be surprised if he starts to work his way up the depth chart

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad