Young Stars tournament - September 7-9, Vancouver

Hammer Slammer

Mar 26, 2010
Winnipeg
two interesting invites:

Hrabik was one of the oldest first year draft eligible prospects this year (born Sept 24th, cutoff is Sept 15th). 6'4, made the Czech U20 team, played in an adult league last season (second tier Czech league) and actually scored 15 points in 32 games. I haven't seen him play, but when I checked eliteprospects prior to the draft, I noticed him just because he was one of the very few guys who played and produced in an adult league. Will play for the Tri-City Americans next season, it will be his "19yo" season (his last non-overage year) in the WHL. As an "18yo European player" as per the CBA, he is not eligible to sign an NHL contract at this point (unlike NA players who went undrafted this year), so he will 100% enter the 2019 draft. Clearly, the Jets are starting to scout for next year's draft ;)

I did like Hrabik last season, but the WSM Liga (Czech2) is a very "meh" league. I have a shift by shift video on him from February if anyone's interested.

Krystof Hrabik vs HC Prerov | Feb 10 2018 - ProspectShifts.com

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
My guess of lines:

Harkins Spacek Ves
Lemieux Suess McKenzie
Camp spares (No idea about any of em)

Stanley Green
Chisholm Gawanke
Cederholm Vallati

Berdin

Rheged

JMFT
Feb 19, 2010
Winnipeg
Every time the Jets took high end teams they ended up looking pretty meh, so I'm not expecting much out of this Canucks group :P

Atoyot

Jul 19, 2013
Canucks are reuniting the Dahlen Pettersson lethal combo, I don't think there's any competing with that

Yeah, Canucks are definitely the favorites here. I think Eggenberger will have a good showing too, probably pissed that he wasn't drafted.

Huffer

Jul 16, 2010
Really looking forward to this one, I think it will be one of the most exciting matches this weekend.. Tons of skill and potential on both sides.

I think the Canucks are bringing much more high end talent than the Jets. Hoping for a good showing from the Jets prospects, but on paper the Canucks have the higher end talent.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
My guess of lines:

Harkins Spacek Ves
Lemieux Suess McKenzie
Camp spares (No idea about any of em)

Stanley Green
Chisholm Gawanke
Cederholm Vallati

Berdin

:facepalm: :laugh: We need an emoji for senior moments. I read that as some guy named Stanley Green. Probably an invite, right? :laugh:

Reactions: Tommigun

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad