Post-Game Talk: Young Stars Classic - Flames def. Canucks 4-1 (Corrado with the lone Canucks goal)

Bourne Endeavor

Apr 6, 2009
Montreal, Quebec
Problem is who would be demoted, Higgins or Hansen? Horvat and Jensen are somewhat wasted on the fourth line, since they would gain a lot more experience getting top tier minutes in Utica.

Shareefruck

Apr 2, 2005
Vancouver, BC
Problem is who would be demoted, Higgins or Hansen? Horvat and Jensen are somewhat wasted on the fourth line, since they would gain a lot more experience getting top tier minutes in Utica.
Why would Horvat have anything to do with Higgins/Hansen? We've got a huge gaping hole in the 3C

I think Jensen is in an "only if Kassian/Booth fail" scenario.

Anyone else get really annoyed when people bump Hansen down the lineup, all the way to the 4th line? It happens all the time. He's our best forward besides Sedins/Kesler/Burrows!

vadim sharifijanov

Oct 10, 2007
i fell asleep right after corrado scored, so to me it was a great game. did keep waking up to those announcers screaming that calgary had scored though.

2 thoughts:

- will subban grow? or will he grow a bit and fill out enough that his size isn't too much of a liability (like, say, rafalski?) and will he be NHL ready while the sedins are still the sedins? because with the way this kid skates the puck up the ice, there's your potential ehrhoff replacement...

- hmm, dominated the play but made some goalie i've never heard of look like a vezina candidate. these kids are further along in their development as future canucks than i thought.

ohnoeszz

May 5, 2010
Why would Horvat have anything to do with Higgins/Hansen? We've got a huge gaping hole in the 3C

I think Jensen is in an "only if Kassian/Booth fail" scenario.

Anyone else get really annoyed when people bump Hansen down the lineup, all the way to the 4th line? It happens all the time. He's our best forward besides Sedins/Kesler/Burrows!

I think Jensen has a much better shot than that. Ideally, he makes the team and pushes Booth or Higgins to 4th line LW. Jensen offers the offensive upside that our team needs in its secondary scoring. Him, Horvat or Schoeder play at wing is key to our forward corps taking a step forward in my eyes.

Whale

Jul 29, 2006
Victoria
Jensen

Young big bodied skilled RW who plays a North American game with a touch of European skill and has a knack for finding open ice in the offensive zone.... now where would that guy fit into our lineup?

Seriously, do I have to start a thread here?

I'll give you all a hint, Torts has already said that he wants Burrows playing with Kesler.

Sedin Sedin Jensen
Burrows Kesler Hansen
Booth Schroeder Kassian
Higgins Richardson Wiese

Two checking lines, two offensive lines, all four lines are good if not great.

The Sedins are wonderful mentors for a kid like Jensen and really put him in the best position to succeed. The Kesler line is probably the best two way checking line in the NHL, the Schroeder line is the 'prove it' line and provides secondary offence when needed and the 4th line is the best we have had in years providing hits, energy and has some offence to offer as well.

How does no one else see him at some point being a winger for the twins? I would have expected a multipart thread by now!

Sometimes HF is blind to the blatantly obvious, 10 years of posts wishing we had a player like Jensen to play with the twins and when we have one absolutely no one even suggests it, except me.

Hopefully it happens and I can add this to my "the Canucks will trade Schnieder not Lou" and "Canucks will hire a veteran coach (though I was hoping for Ruff)" summer bragging rights :)

BoHorvatFan

Dec 13, 2009
Vancouver
Jensen

Young big bodied skilled RW who plays a North American game with a touch of European skill and has a knack for finding open ice in the offensive zone.... now where would that guy fit into our lineup?

I'll give you all a hint, Torts has already said that he wants Burrows playing with Kesler.

Sedin Sedin Jensen
Burrows Kesler Hansen
Booth Schroeder Kassian
Higgins Richardson Wiese

The Sedins are wonderful mentors for a kid like Jensen and really put him in the best position to succeed. The Kesler line is probably the best two way checking line in the NHL, the Schroeder line is the 'prove it' line and provides secondary offence when needed and the 4th line is the best we have had in years providing hits, energy and has some offence to offer as well.

How does no one else see him at some point being a winger for the twins? I would have expected a multipart thread by now!

Sometimes HF is blind to the blatantly obvious, 10 years of posts wishing we had a player like Jensen to play with the twins and when we have one absolutely no one even suggests it, except me.

Hopefully it happens and I can add this to my "the Canucks will trade Schnieder not Lou" and "Canucks will hire a veteran coach (though I was hoping for Ruff)" summer bragging rights :)

Worst defensive line in hockey.

shortshorts

Oct 29, 2008
Jensen

Sedin Sedin Jensen
Burrows Kesler Hansen
Booth Schroeder Kassian
Higgins Richardson Wiese

Multiple people have already mentioned this. Even prior to the tournament. They've also posted the exact same line-up.

:p:

Shareefruck

Apr 2, 2005
Vancouver, BC
Jensen

Sedin Sedin Jensen
Burrows Kesler Hansen
Booth Schroeder Kassian
Higgins Richardson Wiese

I actually really like this.

Always a good idea to keep the Sedins together, form a Burrows - Kesler - Hansen line, and keep Booth/Kassian together-- Best way to maximize chemistry/potential, and have the 4th line go from a downgrade to a great one, IMO.

I think that third line would work alot better if Horvat made the team though--- Not sure I love Schroeder between them.

I'm skeptical about Jensen's readiness, but if he is, he fits the twins like a glove-- I would be very open to it in a transitional year.

Sedin - Sedin - Jensen
Burrows - Kesler - Hansen (this would be an incredible two-way playoff line, IMO)
Booth - Horvat - Kassian (could be great-- They all play a game that complements each other)
Higgins - Richards - Weise (best possible 4th line)

Hamhuis - Bieksa
Garrison - Tanev (shutdown line)
Edler - Corrado (offensive line)

Luongo
Lack

If Jensen's ready, looks ideal, IMO. I'm not too worried about the defensive ability of the 3rd line because with that second line being an all-world shutdown line, you can afford to shelter them like Hodgson-- Plus, Booth - Lapierre - Kassian was an excellent stop-gap 3rd line that didn't have problems in their own end.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad