TV: "Young Sheldon Cooper" to premier in the fall

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
they are now changing the timeline greatly around the death of the father
How so?
If I recall in BBT they mention him dying when Sheldon is 14, which he is in the show now. Also just before he heads to CalTech which he is also doing in a month as mentioned in the last episode,

archangel2

May 19, 2019
How so?
If I recall in BBT they mention him dying when Sheldon is 14, which he is in the show now. Also just before he heads to CalTech which he is also doing in a month as mentioned in the last episode,

They have played with it a bit and they are explaining it in the last episode. Sheldon is writing his memoirs and as he says in the promo "from my memory". They have shifted somethings around and as we know from TBBT--how Sheldon views things is sometimes different from how the rest of the world viewed things

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
They have played with it a bit and they are explaining it in the last episode. Sheldon is writing his memoirs and as he says in the promo "from my memory". They have shifted somethings around and as we know from TBBT--how Sheldon views things is sometimes different from how the rest of the world viewed things
Well I read that the procurers did not want to kill of George too early which is why each season of Young Sheldon is not = 1 year in the real world. Some are but others are shorter and 2 seasons of the show = 1 year in order to have George around longer.

And ya I read that in the last episode grown up Sheldon and Amy will show up explaining as you said that this is all his memoire etc.

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
Nay. They have beaten Sheldon to death. There is nothing more than can do to the character. As for Georgie? How many dumb things can he do during his marriages?
It did make me chuckle that the show will be called Georgie and Mandy's First Marriage lol

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Well I read that the procurers did not want to kill of George too early which is why each season of Young Sheldon is not = 1 year in the real world. Some are but others are shorter and 2 seasons of the show = 1 year in order to have George around longer.

And ya I read that in the last episode grown up Sheldon and Amy will show up explaining as you said that this is all his memoire etc.
It was time to end the show. The actor is getting too old to pass as a 14 year old. When you have young 20 year olds playing HS kids, they are doing it as 16/17 year olds. Plus, they have a built in timeline based on TBBT where Sheldon leaves home at 14.

Wonder how they explain the other characters limited appearance on the spinoff since in TBBT, Georgie said he had to look after Mom and Missy. Means, that he can't be moving to Texas til Missy is done HS I guess.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad