TV: "Young Sheldon Cooper" to premier in the fall

Fixed to Ruin

Come wit it now!
Feb 28, 2007
Grande Prairie, AB
"Young Sheldon, you haven't finished your broccoli."
"Oh, don't worry mother, I assure you that my diet is rich enough in cellulose fiber that I no longer need to consume this particular flowering specimen of the cabbage derivative without fear of being unable to pass future waste from my small colon."
[audience laughs]

This post will be the only thing that will ever be funny about Young Sheldon.

Sep 19, 2008
Kind of disappointed WarriorOfGandhi's dialogue is not possible because they are going to go with a single camera format without the laugh track.

Datsyukian Deke

The Captain is Home!!
Apr 5, 2012
Middle Tennessee
We need to have an intervention with TV networks.

Stop recycling ideas! What's next 2 1/2 women?
That's been TV & Movies for the past 20 years. They are either too lazy to think of something new & original, or are incapable of doing so.

That explains the 500 different comic book, Vampires, & Zombie movies that have been released in the lat 10 years, recycled tv show ideas and spinoffs like this one, which is all why not a whole lot has been too watchable, it seems.

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
It makes me laugh how people crap on BBT but it's still one of the most watched, if not most watched, comedies and the actors are just raking in the dough! Granted this last season was not great except for a few episodes but still watch it on Thursdays if I have time.

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
"Young Sheldon, you haven't finished your broccoli."
"Oh, don't worry mother, I assure you that my diet is rich enough in cellulose fiber that I no longer need to consume this particular flowering specimen of the cabbage derivative without fear of being unable to pass future waste from my small colon."
[audience laughs]

tumblr_mlztjrepSZ1rqoqjqo1_400.jpg

Reality Check

May 28, 2008
It makes me laugh how people crap on BBT but it's still one of the most watched, if not most watched, comedies and the actors are just raking in the dough! Granted this last season was not great except for a few episodes but still watch it on Thursdays if I have time.

This.

I've honestly stopped watching the BBT completely last season. It's not ending anytime soon but it has ran it's course. I don't even know what season they're currently in.

Sep 19, 2008

Mainstream comedy is largely garbage pandered to stupid people.

Ratings != quality.

Reactions: Supermassive

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
This.

I've honestly stopped watching the BBT completely last season. It's not ending anytime soon but it has ran it's course. I don't even know what season they're currently in.

I stopped completely...the second season Amy Fowler was a character. I felt that's the point things got stale.

Shareefruck

Apr 2, 2005
Vancouver, BC
This idea that BBT was any good at one point and then became bad is utter nonsense. Its very best is trash (not to mention completely out of touch about what a nerd/geek actually is).

The same thing more or less applies to How I Met Your Mother, but not to the same degree-- It can be debated that there was at least an effort/attempt at having a sense of imagination with that one, although it's also way more cringe-y because of that.

Sep 19, 2008
Exactly. It's been bad all along.

I was watching the episode where Sheldon is abandoned in a bus stop, when I was in Las Vegas, he was just mumbling in his underwear and they kept injecting a laugh track. Like, what the hell is so funny?

"Sir, I don't know where I am. Help me."

canned laughter

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
This idea that BBT was any good at one point and then became bad is utter nonsense. Its very best is trash (not to mention completely out of touch about what a nerd/geek actually is).

The same thing more or less applies to How I Met Your Mother, but not to the same degree-- It can be debated that there was at least an effort/attempt at having a sense of imagination with that one, although it's also way more cringe-y because of that.

Could not for the life of me understand how seemingly a lot of people enjoyed either of those shows. They were horrendous. It felt like everyone was playing a prank on me and lying about how much they loved them.

holy

2023-2024 Cup CHamps
May 22, 2017
You guys are mean, young Sheldon is the best. Bazingaaaaa.

mattihp

Aug 2, 2004
Uppsala, Sweden
So.. Missy ruined her hair by trying to dye it blonde. How did she repair it because it looks good in the next episode?

It is appearant this series is in a different universe than Big Bang Theory.

Meemaw doesn't like Sheldon more than the other kid. She often calls him weird and after season 2 shows no special connection to him that she doesn't have to the other two kids.

Sheldon's mom is also way too intelligent and multi-faceted to be the same church lady as in BBT. Billy is too stupid to be a bully but instead likes both of the twins.

Missy starts to put up with Sheldon much more and is not mean nor physically threatening to him.

Georgie seems like the same guy, but the rest are something else.

Reactions: SoupNazi

mattihp

Aug 2, 2004
Uppsala, Sweden
I enjoy the show. I also enjoyed BBT. It went out on top despite being on TV for 12 years. Being the highest rated comedy on TV and one of the highest rated shows period after such a long run is a tremendous accomplishment.
I liked TBBT until the guys started to have luck with the ladies. They turned into the same chauvinist buttwipes as the other men in the series.

Reactions: Voight

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad