You Never Give Me Your Money.. (CBA & Lockout Discussion) - Part XII

Status
Not open for further replies.

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
Also the good thing from that quote is, atleast they are continuing to talk behind closed doors.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
THis has been one very up and down week. I can't remember it being like this last time. It sounds like they are so close, then we go right back to cancelling a season.

Anyone remember last time around? I felt like this was the beginning to the end.

Butch 19

Go cart Mozart
May 12, 2006
Geographical Oddity
Actually, that's exactly why the NHL will win the waiting game. Most of them don't make any money. A lost season is a treat for owners who are used to paying to keep their team afloat. It's a holiday from being robbed. If the NHL made tons of money, they'd be getting this show on the road pronto.

This is exactly why the NFL lost 0 games to lockout and the NBA lost only 2 months.

The TV money and other revenues just isn't enough for the majority of NHL owners to continue to take losses.

NickyMaz

Dec 19, 2011
Omaha, NE
Anyone confirm this? Or is this some crazy/cruel twitter rumor?

@walsha
NHL players have accepted 50/50, just honor the current contracts signed by owners (and Bettman) and we can play hockey now.

Sydor25

LA Kings

@walsha
NHL players have accepted 50/50, just honor the current contracts signed by owners (and Bettman) and we can play hockey now.

That's just propaganda. He is a puppet for the NHLPA. He's saying that the NHL just needs to approve one of the NHLPA's proposals and the league can start. He believes the NHLPA has actually offered a 50/50 deal.

TruGr1t

Proper Villain
Jun 26, 2003
Well that's good but the issue isn't really the 50-50 split anymore, it's now how to maintain linkage and honor existing deals. The periphery stuff like ELCs and max length was always going to sort themselves out once the crux issues had been handled.

rdawg1234

Jul 2, 2012

@walsha

well A: it's walsh and B: he's probably talking about that silly 3rd proposal the players all went on twitter sprees about.

All the players we're retweeting other people that all said"players offered 50/50 thats fair, just honour all the contracts) which is like saying they offered 50/50+13% on the side haha.

Players havent offered 50/50, continue to offer delinkage(which is silly when you're already pretty close to being linked at 5%, might as well offer it and end this.)

pepty

Let's win it all
Feb 22, 2005
Can somebody refresh my memory and riddle me this: Why is this something personal between Fehr and Bettman? Have these two even met before Fehr accepted his job with the PA?

Whatever happened to the split between business and personal? In this case Personal crap seems to be really screwing up the business side of the league.
I don't think there is anything personal between Bettman and Fehr but there definatly is between Bettman and some of the people who brought Fehr in to the PA and some that he brought in such as Rodier.

There were all those articles for awhile saying that the players wanted to sit out
the year just to get revenge on Bettman. I never thought that was true of most of the players but probably applied to some of the present and former members of the PA.

NickyMaz

Dec 19, 2011
Omaha, NE
That's just propaganda. He is a puppet for the NHLPA. He's saying that the NHL just needs to approve one of the NHLPA's proposals and the league can start. He believes the NHLPA has actually offered a 50/50 deal.

Ok, yeah everyone on my twitter freaked out for a minute until we realized what was actually being said.

It's so frustrating, the two sides are actually not that far apart.

pepty

Let's win it all
Feb 22, 2005

Exactly right. The PA spinners have been throwing out this line ever since Fehr presented proposal 3-which had not even made it to the back of a napkin as it was only verbal and they had not run the numbers etc.

It is just another PR stunt but one that a lot of the press seems to have swallowed.

kfan22

Jun 20, 2012
so both sides say there is a deal to be made but yet we are 4 days away from the deadline to save 82 games but no meetings scheduled yet, talk about frustrating for us fans!!

JAX

Apr 7, 2009
Sault Ste. Marie

@walsha

The PA should shut this guy down, more lies and deception.....

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
There won't be a deal until there are unplanned meetings. Planned meetings are just for PR and propaganda. Until there are "secret" meetings between the top four, nothing will be finalized. Once an unplanned meeting starts, the true negotiations will begin.

Welp - let's get it going. :laugh: Whatever has to happen - get it going. I can't believe owners and players could deal with losing another season. Players want to whine about their losses.... well how about 2 years of their career with zero pay.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad