Post-Game Talk: You lose 100% of the games you don't win

LarKing

Sep 2, 2012
Michigan
Nyquist and Tatar are so fun to have around. I can't remember us having players that can shoot this well since Hossa basically.

14ari13

Oct 19, 2006
Norway
So we have not beaten NYI in forever, so finally.
We have had some nice wins last 7-8 games. One of the hottest teams in the league.

Shoalzie

Trust me!
May 16, 2003
Portland, MI
Gotta keep winning but the Habs and Bolts aren't slowing down any time soon and you don't want to let Boston creep back into the top 3 race.

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
Gotta keep winning but the Habs and Bolts aren't slowing down any time soon and you don't want to let Boston creep back into the top 3 race.
Top 4 in the Atlantic is 30-8-2 in their last 10 games. :amazed:

The gap down to below the wildcards is getting pretty huge though, so I'm not worried. Being in a battle for seeding is just fun, nice change of pace after the last few years of worrying about all the teams around the last playoff spots.

Aug 6, 2012
Great win for the team. There's been a weird trend with SOG recently. We must be shooting at a ridiculous percentage over the last 5+ games.

JPE123

Jan 23, 2013
I only saw the end of the 2nd and the 3rd but a nice win, especially for Petr. A young goalie can lose his mojo pretty easily after a game like he had in Tampa. Glad to see Marchy getting a look. Maybe bringing in these young lions will kick Rig and Smith in the azz.

If we can get some better D and Howard comes back strong we could be dangerous in the playoffs

Actual Thought*

The gap down to below the wildcards is getting pretty huge though, so I'm not worried. Being in a battle for seeding is just fun, nice change of pace after the last few years of worrying about all the teams around the last playoff spots.
They have a lot of conference games left too. If they keep winning like they have been they could separate themselves from the pack. If a deadline deal is done they will be instant favorites but if not I think they still make a good run.

hyduK

Feb 21, 2009

Yeah, definitely a nice change in pace. And honestly, outside of home-ice I'm not terribly concerned with the positioning...I don't think there's any team that stands out as an ideal matchup for us (likewise, there aren't any that I would want to completely avoid).

joe89

Apr 30, 2009
Yeah, definitely a nice change in pace. And honestly, outside of home-ice I'm not terribly concerned with the positioning...I don't think there's any team that stands out as an ideal matchup for us (likewise, there aren't any that I would want to completely avoid).

True. Win as many as you can while keeping your players as fresh as possible and see what you get, basically.

DanZ

Mar 6, 2008

I would really like to avoid playing Boston in the first round. I just don't think we match up with them very well, even if they aren't as good as in years past. I think we could still beat them, but I like our chances better against every other team in the East honestly.

crazylegs9

The way she goes
Apr 14, 2010
Cadillac, Mi
I would really like to avoid playing Boston in the first round. I just don't think we match up with them very well, even if they aren't as good as in years past. I think we could still beat them, but I like our chances better against every other team in the East honestly.

Felt the exact way about the Ducks in the past.

odin1981

There can be only 1!
Mar 8, 2013
Canton Mi
Welp. I jinxed it for them, aww yeah.

Given that this year 1st place would draw us either Bos or Trotz (Was) I am of the opinion it would be best for us to aim for 2nd place and take a round with home ice advantage.

I really don't like either match up. Boston would be perferable of the two but that is only if our younger players don't get suckered into playing Boston's game. And last year they failed miserably at that.

DanZ

Mar 6, 2008
Felt the exact way about the Ducks in the past.

Yeah, and like the Ducks, I think we can still beat them, but it would be a hard fought series that I'd rather avoid in the first round. As cool as it would be to win the division, we then run the risk of facing the Bruins in the first round. What a great reward for winning the Atlantic. :sarcasm:

TimoneX

Jul 30, 2012
Did you see the game? How did they **** that up. :laugh:

They rested some guys(Price, Gonchar, etc). They also got an easy early lead and tried to coast. The yotes were coming off a beating at the hands of the Sens and weren't in the mood to be taken for granted.

The Atlantic is really tight and now with the Bs heating up...somethings gotta give. This month is going to be entertaining.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad