GDT: You Gotta Believe: Habs @ Islanders 7pm (SN, RDS)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nedved

Mar 30, 2008
The only reason I could see Tavares come to MTL is if Price/Weber go out of their way to recruit him.

Come to Montreal. Tell mb you have a lot of character, you believe in character, and want to be in this high character environment. He’ll over pay you and we can be injured half the season. Remember...you’re not getting any younger.

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
Hey man the mock is still going, don't go blowing Berggren up like that :sarcasm:

lol, I feel he's so underrated. He's up there with Hallander for me and I'd take him over Olofsson.

Makes no sense he's not a first on some mocks. I mean, what more do you want ? He passes the eye test, he has speed, shots, dekes and he's had a massive season.

Reactions: covfefe

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
Over Zadina ? Heh, interesting.

I love Zadina, he's so efficient with the space you give him. And those hands, omg those hands. He literally scares the opposing Ds and goalies when he's got the puck.

Wahlstrom's skills are elite though, no doubt. I really don't understand why some think this is a weak draft. I have potential first line players almost up to pick 15 and the top 11 could all be top 5 in most years.

I have potential top 3Ds in the late first and guys like Berggren, who I don't understand why he's not hyped more, might end up picked in the 2nd.
I just can't say enough good things about Wahlstrom. People think he produces because of Hughes are wrong imo. Zadina is no slouch either. That is 4 first liners for me, and 6 #1 dmen. Can't really say that about previous top 10. That being said, watch us draft Tkachuk... Hoping Chia is stupid enough to do so. Miller and Lundkvist are also guys who can be top 4, and might be there for our 2nds.

Habs13

Dec 30, 2004
Montreal
I skipped the game, just tuned in with three minutes to go - what did I miss? How is that new kid?

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
Is Plekanec shutting down Tavares from Toronto?

I've barely noticed him tonight.

How is that possible !?!?!?

Reactions: Redux91

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
I just can't say enough good things about Wahlstrom. People think he produces because of Hughes are wrong imo. Zadina is no slouch either. That is 4 first liners for me, and 6 #1 dmen. Can't really say that about previous top 10. That being said, watch us draft Tkachuk... Hoping Chia is stupid enough to do so. Miller and Lundkvist are also guys who can be top 4, and might be there for our 2nds.

Yeah, if anything Farabee's the one who's numbers are inflated. Not a slight on him either, I like him between 10-20, he's already got a pro game. But, Wahlstrom has all the shots they said Kostitsyn had, but it doesn't take him an hour to get the puck off his stick. He's so deceptive in everything he does.

Mike Mike Caron

Aug 29, 2010
I'll give props to BargainBin, I like Reilly's game much more than the garbage he's picked up in the last few years.

Hopefully it's the same with Valiev.

He's pretty much the same as Morrow and Brolieu assetwise, but he seems to have a lot more drive.

Nedved

Mar 30, 2008
Remember Jeff "the statue" Petry a few times this season? Juulsen looks no worse than anyone else.

He had nobody around him and turned it over because he tried to get cute. Brain fart that can be fixed. He’s fun to watch in front of the net and actually looks like a guy that will do what Weber was supposed to do for price. I like him. I hope he cleans his game up.

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010
Is Plekanec shutting down Tavares from Toronto?

I've barely noticed him tonight.

How is that possible !?!?!?

The Islanders are beating themselves tonight with zero effort. I wouldn’t want to be a player in that dressing room after this game.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
Yeah, if anything Farabee's the one who's numbers are inflated. Not a slight on him either, I like him between 10-20, he's already got a pro game. But, Wahlstrom has all the shots they said Kostitsyn had, but it doesn't take him an hour to get the puck off his stick. He's so deceptive in everything he does.
It's all great until we play Zadina or Wahlstrom with Plekanec this winter.

Reactions: Andrei79 and 417
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad