GDT: You Gotta Believe: Habs @ Islanders 7pm (SN, RDS)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pickles

Apr 25, 2017
In the jar'o
Games with no value, Plekanec no longer there -- how much more evidence is needed, Galchenyuk will never again be a center on this team so long as Bergevin remains GM.
This is the reason why most of us are willing to go to bat for Chucky. The kid was mismanaged from day 1. The fact that they won't even try him where he's been the most successful to the detriment of the success of the team shows what a spiteful pathetic little man Bergevin is.

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
Is Galchenyuk will score again this season??? Drouin played poorly all season and he has only 2 less points and he played 5 less games..

Oufffff that means a lot.....those 2 underachievers are suppose to carry this bad team...

His board play is improving, his positioning is the best I've seen from him to the point he's actually been good defensively in the last 10 games. Even the bozos on RDS are taking note.

I can live with an offensive slump as he's getting chances, he's using dekes judiciously for once and he's been using his one timer in the slump more and more. The goals will come.

Reactions: CanadiensChick

mariolemieux66

Sep 17, 2008
Vancouver
This is the reason why most of us are willing to go to bat for Chucky. The kid was mismanaged from day 1. The fact that they won't even try him where he's been the most successful to the detriment of the success of the team shows what a spiteful pathetic little man Bergevin is.
I dont care much for Galchenyul at this point, but the fact he never got a good shot at C is ridiculous. I dislike this team very much.

Nedved

Mar 30, 2008
Habs d are shocked we can win puck battles in front of the net. Maybe Juulsen is going to be a solid guy for us. Need to see if he can keep this up into next year. Seems better than most of our guys.

groovejuice

Without deviation progress is not possible
Jun 27, 2011
Calgary
Is Galchenyuk will score again this season??? Drouin played poorly all season and he has only 2 less points and he played 5 less games..

Oufffff that means a lot.....those 2 underachievers are suppose to carry this bad team...

Even with those 5 missed games, he's still had more overall TOI, and has averaged more PP minutes/game this season.

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
Funny eh, add Juulsen and Reilly, play Mete and suddenly we can move the puck out of our zone.

If anything, I hope the way the team has been playing since adding the younger players makes management take notice: this is a young mans league and you need both speed and puck skills.

Even Benn/Alzner look slightly less awful.

Reactions: Runner77
Apr 28, 2010
I chuckled reading the Tavares headline on tsn. He would be a dummy to come here. Just like it would be dumb to resign Plekanec.

The only reason I could see Tavares come to MTL is if Price/Weber go out of their way to recruit him.

GREMLIN

Tanking enthusiast
Sep 19, 2013
Soon gonna be time to start threads about who’s the better Reilly on the main boards. :popcorn:

mariolemieux66

Sep 17, 2008
Vancouver
The only reason I could see Tavares come to MTL is if Price/Weber go out of their way to recruit him.
Montreal needs to get a elite player that doesnt mind the Montreal circus, Tavares isn't one. If Price didnt sign last summer i dont think he resigns with us. Weber doesn't want to be here and Tavares will pick an American team.

Reactions: Runner77

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
3rd. Dahlin, Svech, Wahlstrom.

Over Zadina ? Heh, interesting.

I love Zadina, he's so efficient with the space you give him. And those hands, omg those hands. He literally scares the opposing Ds and goalies when he's got the puck.

Wahlstrom's skills are elite though, no doubt. I really don't understand why some think this is a weak draft. I have potential first line players almost up to pick 15 and the top 11 could all be top 5 in most years.

I have potential top 3Ds in the late first and guys like Berggren, who I don't understand why he's not hyped more, might end up picked in the 2nd.

Reactions: The Great Schlemko

covfefe

Zoltan Poszar's Burner
Feb 5, 2014
Over Zadina ? Heh, interesting.

I love Zadina, he's so efficient with the space you give him. And those hands, omg those hands. He literally scares the opposing Ds and goalies when he's got the puck.

Wahlstrom's skills are elite though, no doubt. I really don't understand why some think this is a weak draft. I have potential first line players almost up to pick 15 and the top 11 could all be top 5 in most years.

I have potential top 3Ds in the late first and guys like Berggren, who I don't understand why he's not hyped more, might end up picked in the 2nd.

Hey man the mock is still going, don't go blowing Berggren up like that :sarcasm:

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
I'll give props to BargainBin, I like Reilly's game much more than the garbage he's picked up in the last few years.

Hopefully it's the same with Valiev.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad