Post-Game Talk: You get a blown lead! You get a blown lead! Everyone gets a blown lead!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zybalto

Dec 28, 2012
Maybe I'm one of the few (or maybe even the only one) but I'm loving this season so far. Yea the blown leads are a killer but this super young and inexperienced team is much better than I thought they would be. They have been in every game and all the kids look ready for the show. A couple of bounces here and there and they could easily be 5-0.

Keep yer heads up cause these Leafs are going to be Stanley Cup contenders in a couple years.

deletethis

Mar 17, 2015
Toronto
Andersen was beaten glove hand 3 times in a row in the shoot out, Kane just missed. What we seem to have is a big goalie who handles the puck wonderfully well, can be big and stop lots of low shots, has a huge hole over his glove hand and has rebound control issues at times. He's essentially Reimer with much better puck handling.

TheBigThree

Nov 3, 2011
Toronto
Andersen is weird, sometimes he has amazing saves then other times he's a pylon all in a single game. I absolutely can't stand the god damn rebounds he gives. I think signing andersen to 5 years without a single game is going to be managements biggest goof. Also I really hate our defense, it's absolute trash other than the top 3. Polak, hunwick being the biggest pylons.

Ropesman

May 1, 2016
Charlottetown
Andersen came up big in some big moments. But he also **** the bed.

You have to have control of those rebounds. And I'm not talking some of the pad saves. But off the blocker, right into the slot? C'mon...

D has to be better too. Not enough to have strong-ish offense.

Where else is that rebound supposed to go? A goaltender can control rebounds to n extent but on that shot the only place for it to go was to the slot. Its no different then nylanders second goal, its intentionally done by players, pass off the pad. the problem is the hawks player who was allowed to walk through the slot untouched

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
Holland has been good on the shootout before. Come on guys. This is the worst thing about tonight to complain about. Get it together.

I can find plenty of great shootout goals over the last year or so from him. The issue was everything before the shootout.

happyaccident

May 14, 2013
How does Babcock not call a TO after the 3rd goal?
Bozak, Polak, Hunwick... quite the shutdown group.

Moorpheus*

|GERMAN/IDEALISM\
Apr 14, 2015
People need to stop excusing this as if blowing 4 leads in 5 games is a part of "growing pains."

Yeah being up 4-0 and losing the game is "part of the process."

No these are SERIOUS lapses in the team, ESPECIALLY when the leafs are averaging nearly 4 GPG.

None of what's taken place is excusable.

TMLS

Oct 30, 2013
London, Ontario
When will you guys realise that Babcock is the most overrated coach in NHL history. Winning with a fully stacked Detroit team or team Canada doesn't mean anything, a AHL coach would get the same results. Its how you manage the talent you have on average/good teams.....just look at how he managed his lines this season and it should be telling.

Not My Tempo

Feb 22, 2015
Toronto
Seriously did anyone expect anything else? This team is either filled with young rookies, or guys who underachieve. Bozak just looks lazy out there.

Sep 18, 2009
I wish I could go back in time 3 hours and not watch this game

image.php

Territory

Jan 31, 2014
Toronto
you people on here act like we are contending for a cup or even playoff spot.... the ****... relax this team just started the rebuild.. getting matthews doesnt make us contenders.. dam

Do you not understand that losing games they should win and blowing leads late in games feels like crap as a fan? People have every right to be upset. It's infuriating. And it's happened 4 times in 5 games.

EXPECT THE LEAFS

May 7, 2016
Maybe I'm one of the few (or maybe even the only one) but I'm loving this season so far. Yea the blown leads are a killer but this super young and inexperienced team is much better than I thought they would be. They have been in every game and all the kids look ready for the show. A couple of bounces here and there and they could easily be 5-0.

Keep yer heads up cause these Leafs are going to be Stanley Cup contenders in a couple years.

even though things haven't bounced our way it's been entertaining as heck too... never a dull moment with these guys. :laugh:

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
Babcock does a lot of things I really don't like. No Nylander in the shootout is a punishable offense. Dude has 2 goals and was amazing.

Albus Dumbledore

Master of Death
Mar 28, 2015
babcock should have played the hot line more, it was clear that matthews and nylander were playing out of their minds down the final half of the game.... also in the shootout, no nylander when he was red hot. Team broke down again, but some blame to put on the coach imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad