Post-Game Talk: You get a blown lead! You get a blown lead! Everyone gets a blown lead!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shanty

July hockey is where bridges are burned
Jan 9, 2010
Toronto
3o6Mb9IZBChU0tBLl6.gif

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
Babcock wants the draft picks. Got outcoached. Q goes with his three best players...we start with Peter Holland. Thought it was a cruel joke.

tp71

Enjoy every sandwich
Feb 10, 2009
London
I've never been critical of Babcock but I do have to question his shootout choice of Holland first. And yes even if Holland scores I'd say the same thing just with the caveat the it was fortunate that he scored.

Also these blown leads are getting real old real fast.

Holland is good in the shootout. 5-12 lifetime is a good number.

Riellyfan04

Feb 25, 2010
Toronto On
you people on here act like we are contending for a cup or even playoff spot.... the ****... relax this team just started the rebuild.. getting matthews doesnt make us contenders.. dam

Territory

Jan 31, 2014
Toronto
What can really change? They need to be less unlucky. This doesn't even happen to the worst teams. This is a statistical anomaly.

It feels so terrible because they have played so well they deserve to win these games. Like they could very easily be 5-0.

Leafs27

Ceci n'est pas un joueur de hockey.
Mar 13, 2007
Kingston, ON
Andersen came up big in some big moments. But he also **** the bed.

You have to have control of those rebounds. And I'm not talking some of the pad saves. But off the blocker, right into the slot? C'mon...

D has to be better too. Not enough to have strong-ish offense.

Swervin81

Leaf fan | YYZ -> SEA
Nov 10, 2011
Seattle, WA
Put the struggling Kadri line out as well as ****ING HUNWICK AND POLAK to defend a late game lead so much.

Babs... why the **** do you love Hunwick so much... or does he have compromising photos... seriously, blink twice if Hunny Boo Boo is holding you against your will or something.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
Ander5en keeps the tradition with allowing 5 goals intact...though one was in the shootout.

TheKrebsCycle

Throwing Confetti for Perfetti
Jun 1, 2011
Barrie
Bad bad ending, growing pains. Not a great feeling obviously. Was a pretty neat and tidy game till the late rally..

weems

Jul 3, 2008
Not a good game for the Komarov line.

Couldn't win a face-off or keep the puck out of their own net.

Prolly should have cashed in on Komarov this offseason. His value was never going to be higher.

The_Chosen_One

Jul 4, 2006
Melbourne, Australia
Hunwick is very overrated. Zaitsev is far better in one-on-one battles. He proved it against elites in the world cup and yet we're using this dinosaur.

Rielly, yes, isn't a strong defensively. That doesn't mean that we should be solely reverting to obsolete veterans.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad