Post-Game Talk: You get a blown lead! You get a blown lead! Everyone gets a blown lead!

Status
Not open for further replies.

saltming

Fan Addict
Oct 6, 2015
Other
At times it's just so painful to read some of these comments. The lack of patience and understanding of how a team is built...oh, what's the use. Best to laugh, cause otherwise you'd cry. How some of the folks who have to answer to these types of comments every day don't lose their ***** is beyond me. 5 games in, 5!

As a poster on here reminded me; you can't fix stupid.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
Could apply to a lot of posts in this thread

No. some of them need this

230114_908223010.jpg

like i can't even even with these people.

Bullseye

Jun 14, 2012
Niagara
There's obviously nothing wrong with our coaching staff or the play of our forward group despite some mistakes - we have been in every game late - this is a good way to start the season.

There is one area of the Leaf's game that is terrible. If they can wait it out and hope the other areas don't go into a slump then wins will come. All good.

HoweHullOrr

Oct 3, 2013
This is progressing perfectly. This is exactly what all of us should want.

Our young players are growing and looking great. And the team is failing. PERFECT!!!!

The rebuild isn't finished yet. One more bottom out season in the very least would be great for the rebuild.

Keep scoring young guys. Keep failing team. It's perfect.

I'm thinking there's lots of folks thinking this can be fast-tracked because we have everything we need in prospects already. It was a pretty popular position just 2 + weeks ago.

RootinTootinPookin*

The blame for this loss goes like this:

Babcock
Defense
Andersen

Babcock has Hunwick (His pet) and Polak out there during the dying minutes of a game where we are imploding and the obvious happens. Then he just overlooks Nylander in the shootout, who scored two goals.

Defense is just putrid. Main reason in every game we've lost. Doesn't matter what pair. There is hardly no defensive acumen on any of them. I only have marginal good things to say about Zaitsev who seems the most defensively responsible but who is being drowned by a garbage player (Hunwick). Probably the only one who takes the body and separates it from the puck.

Andersen just looks bad. Over committing, over aggressive, down to quick for his size, no ability to get that glove up in time, horrible rebound control. Just looks bad out there. His performance with that defense in-front of him means he isn't getting any breaks out there. You put a rebound out and it's on the other teams stick, you can count on that. This game he was outstanding in OT but putrid in the SO (Got beat every time, but Kane missed the net). Every goal in the SO was a lobster over the glove, too.

Duffman955

Mar 4, 2010
The blame for this loss goes like this:

Babcock
Defense
Andersen

Babcock has Hunwick (His pet) and Polak out there during the dying minutes of a game where we are imploding and the obvious happens. Then he just overlooks Nylander in the shootout, who scored two goals.

Defense is just putrid. Main reason in every game we've lost. Doesn't matter what pair. There is hardly no defensive acumen on any of them. I only have marginal good things to say about Zaitsev who seems the most defensively responsible but who is being drowned by a garbage player (Hunwick). Probably the only one who takes the body and separates it from the puck.

Andersen just looks bad. Over committing, over aggressive, down to quick for his size, no ability to get that glove up in time, horrible rebound control. Just looks bad out there. His performance with that defense in-front of him means he isn't getting any breaks out there. You put a rebound out and it's on the other teams stick, you can count on that. This game he was outstanding in OT but putrid in the SO (Got beat every time, but Kane missed the net). Every goal in the SO was a lobster over the glove, too.

Good analysis.

Shanahan seriously needs to get a #1 dman and a solid vet top 4.

RootinTootinPookin*

Zaitsev is really good

One of the main reasons I put so little faith in advanced stats.

Apparently Zaitsev's a-Stats look horrible, but the eye-test tells me he's been our best Dman.

If he had a decent partner you could have at least one half way good pairing.

Rielly/Zaitsev has to happen.

Rielly is the best of the worst. He's not great defensively himself, but he's better than Gardiner.

Gardiner/Marinicin
Carrick/--- (Polak/Hunwick/Corrado rotation)

I mean, even having Marin up that high is making me feel sick, but a Carrick/Gardiner pairing would be a disaster.

Polak/Hunwick should never be higher than 5/6 and never more than 18 minutes a night. Hunwick shouldn't even be getting close to that. I'd rather Polak over him in every situation.

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
One of the main reasons I put so little faith in advanced stats.

Apparently Zaitsev's a-Stats look horrible, but the eye-test tells me he's been our best Dman.

If he had a decent partner you could have at least one half way good pairing.

Rielly/Zaitsev has to happen.

Rielly is the best of the worst. He's not great defensively himself, but he's better than Gardiner.

Gardiner/Marinicin
Carrick/--- (Polak/Hunwick/Corrado rotation)

I mean, even having Marin up that high is making me feel sick, but a Carrick/Gardiner pairing would be a disaster.

Polak/Hunwick should never be higher than 5/6 and never more than 18 minutes a night. Hunwick shouldn't even be getting close to that. I'd rather Polak over him in every situation.

He's been out there with Hunwick most of the time and Hunwick's stats this year are into an area of bad that barely exists.

What's Zaitsev's stats like away from Hunwick? I think that would be far more telling. A 5 game sample where 1 player is mostly playing with another player it's easier for the other player to impact the first player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $6,201.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino