3. LV takes our salary woes
3.1 Nifty free agency
3.2 royal blue jerseys
3.3 Good summer of training
3.4- Get well Okposo

sabresEH

May 17, 2009
Kelowna, BC
Devils would still be terrible with Larsson over Hall. Oilers would be better off with Hall.

Can't bold but no they would not be better with Hall over Larsson.

With the trade made they are battling for top spot in the pacific division. Are you saying (in a roundabout way) that they would have the division clinched right now if they had Hall? Because being better than battling for top spot is securing the top spot by this point. I don't think you'll find an oilers fan who would agree that they'd be better off with hall over Larsson

Der Jaeger

Generational EBUG
Feb 14, 2009
Cair Paravel
McCabe has been absolutely brutal since the calender turned to 2017. He has definitely regressed/stayed stagnant in terms of development. He isn't better then Alzner and he also isn't a guarantee to become much better then he currently is. I'm not bashing McCabe as I do believe he will eventually progress into a solid second pairing LHD, but saying that Alzner is redundant because we already have McCabe is curious.

With the amount of injuries the Sabres blue line has endured the last couple years I don't think it can be stressed enough how valuable Alzner would be. Having a solid def. dman on the blue line 82 games a year would be a gigantic boon for this team. Complementary defenseman may be underrating him a bit. Yes he is no true #1, but as a #2/3 type dman I think he would help this team immensely. The best part is that he would cost absolutely nothing. No need to have to work out a deal trading our top trade pieces like Nylander, Kane, our top 10 pick etc when we can sign a proven legitimate top 4 dman for $6 mil or under. He gets a lot of dZS which surely must skew the possession #s, like it does for Risto. For a team that pays Josh Gorges $3.9 mil, Dmitry Kulikov $4.33 mil and Zach Bogosian $5.14 mil to play 50 games a year and play terrible at that ,I don't see how in any world paying Alzner $5.5-6 mil per would be a bad idea.

Alzner isn't the final piece to the puzzle. But he can be a big part of solving the blue line. Adding him means you have 1/2 of your top 4 LD in place for 82 games a year long term. Put it this way, who is more impactful to a team? Paying a complimentary winger $6 mil per to score ~55 points a year or a proven top 4 LHD the same or even a little less. The popular idea on this board is to acquire two top 4 dmen and that is by trading away Nylander,Kane and our first as the ammo. Instead we only need to trade for one more top 4 D and actually be able to keep 2 of Kane, Nylander and our first. Sign Alzner, trade Kane for the other top 4 Dman.

In a few years...

Nylander-RoR-Okposo
2017 1st-Eichel-Reinhart

Alzner-Risto
McCabe-Acquired top 4 D

That's a top end of a lineup I can get behind.

You're contradicting yourself. You want to sign Alzner to avoid trading Kane or the 2017 1st. But then you trade Kane for the other top 4 D?

There were Rangers fans who thought paying Dan Girardi 5.5M was a good idea too.

There's your answer.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
1. For Jame and Stokes to find some common ground
2. Tim Murray to host a 12 hour live call in show where any and all questions are answered.
3. Terry Pegula to buy me a Model S P100DL.

You ask too much. Especially #1

kenfury

Feb 5, 2011
:huh:

Anyway:
1) Fire Bylsma
2) Get defense (pray for some lottery luck and trade the pick for the best D we can get for it?)
3) Fire Bylsma again. Never hurts to double check.

Dont drink and post folks
(or Scandella ?) As in Scandella from LV if there is no top LHD available.
Again dont drink and post.

SabreBlood

Mar 31, 2012
Absolutely nobody wants to sign 25 year old Evander Kane?

The guy plays his butt off every shift of every game. Gives the team some moxie.
I'm not absolutely nobody. You missed my 3 wishes on the first page. Extending Kane was #2, right after firing Bylsma.

ckg927

Apr 2, 2007
Buffalo, NY
All right, here's my 3:

1. Toss Bylsma. PensFan got tired of his act after a few seasons(more likely because the Pens got a new GM who wanted his own guy in there, and after the 2010 season when they won the Cup they could never get back there). Get someone in here who can work wonders with the offense-I've mention in other threads that someone that can be looked at IF they go this route is Erie Otters HC Kris Knoblauch.

2. Let the young guns play on a regular basis. We've seen what Toronto was able to do with their young players this season. There's no reason that it can't be duplicated on this side of the QEW.

3. Deal a couple of players to get some top-notch talent in here(ESPECIALLY on defense!).

Last edited:

nickdawg95

scoutdawg
Jan 7, 2016
1. trade for duclair and roll Duclair-reinhart-nylander
2. trade kane for defence
3. fire dan

toomuchsauce

Jan 7, 2015
1) Fire Bylsma into the sun.

2) Entrap Bogosian in flat glass and hurtle him into space, endlessly.

3) Acquire Erik Karlsson.

...it's a wish list, right? I realistically expect none of these things to happen. But this is my wish list.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad