HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
Devils lose: "We suck. Fire Pete. Fire Lou. Trade everybody."

Devils win: "I think we match up well with (insert team) in the playoffs."

We truly are insane.:laugh:

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I would argue that our goalies would probably have a higher save percentage playing on the Maple Leafs facing 40 shots than they do on our team facing 24. Although the Leafs have declined a lot recently. Those 40 shots are starting to look a lot more dangerous.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E

This is the life of a bubble team. :laugh:

Our goalies save percentage would be higher on almost any other team. We give up the least amount of shots in the league (near the bottom at least)

tycobb

Jun 28, 2011
This is the life of a bubble team. :laugh:

Our goalies save percentage would be higher on almost any other team. We give up the least amount of shots in the league (near the bottom at least)

I think the difference would be very small. I think our SV% will improve significantly from last year. We are a better defensive team and have much better goaltending.

This year
SA60 = 23.2
SV% = 91.0
Team with the best SV% (LA) 94.35 SV% and they gave up 26.4 SA60 (5th in the league)

Last year
SA60 = 22.4
SV% = 91.21
Team with the best SV% (Rangers) 93.51 SV% and they gave up only 26.6 SA60 (6th)

Mory Schneideur*

I'll say it again and again. We win 25% of those blown leads, we are in a solid playoff spot. We win 50% we lead the east. Those blown leads have killed us.

tycobb

Jun 28, 2011
I'll say it again and again. We win 25% of those blown leads, we are in a solid playoff spot. We win 50% we lead the east. Those blown leads have killed us.

I think when the season is over we will be 2nd in the Metro.

BuiltLikeAnOx

Lou has dementia
Oct 22, 2013

we won the last 2 games but i still think the Devils should trade Henrique and trade Larsson for a high first round draft pick for this year

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I think the difference would be very small. I think our SV% will improve significantly from last year. We are a better defensive team and have much better goaltending.

This year
SA60 = 23.2
SV% = 91.0
Team with the best SV% (LA) 94.35 SV% and they gave up 26.4 SA60 (5th in the league)

Last year
SA60 = 22.4
SV% = 91.21
Team with the best SV% (Rangers) 93.51 SV% and they gave up only 26.6 SA60 (6th)
I'm not completely sure, but I don't believe the Rangers give up as many odd man rushes as us. The Kings are another heavy forechecking team, so it's possible they do. Although they are a faster team than us, and maybe not as many chances get on net or even get shots off at all. They can recover faster. We give up a lot of odd man rushes, and not all of them go on net. Because we're not very fast a lot of the times it turns into an odd man rush. That's why I'm furious when we're up by a couple goals and still running the heavy forecheck. No need to do that anymore when you have a nice lead. It's too risky.
Agreed. Some of the 1 goal leads that were blown you really can't do anything about. Though that Montreal game was a disaster. PK Subban gave us the game with a minute left, and then Adam Henrique does him one better and gives it right back. And then we had to watch PK laughing his ass off when the Habs tied it again.

Some of these blown leads like the 2 or 3 goal blown leads are inexcusable. That Edmonton game really ****ed us early in the season. We were miserable for about 2 or 3 weeks after that. The Columbus blown lead last week shouldn't have happened. We were up 2-0 against Vancouver BOTH times and we wound up losing in OT/shootout both times.

sbresistor

Jul 25, 2007
we won the last 2 games but i still think the Devils should trade Henrique and trade Larsson for a high first round draft pick for this year

nah, keep those guys

maybe trade Jagr at the deadline if we are out for a good pick - but why waste those guys

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007

That's a 'slight' exaggeration considering we're 17 points behind the Penguins. Plus a lot of those blown leads we wound up with one point instead of zero anyway.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Wow are we really 17 points behind Pittsburgh? Better call Jacques Lemaire.:laugh:

sbresistor

Jul 25, 2007
I remember Jacked - especially during the Philly series, he was looking for other Devils fans to go to the new spectrum

hopefully this year will be as/more successful

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I remember Jacked - especially during the Philly series, he was looking for other Devils fans to go to the new spectrum

hopefully this year will be as/more successful

We're gonna have to make a couple trades to be successful. Starting with plucking Garisson out of Vancouver. Maybe Suter out of Minnesota. Hey maybe he can bring Zach back too? Maybe bring Wideman here too, I believe he's in Calgary now.:laugh:

Mory Schneideur*

That's a 'slight' exaggeration considering we're 17 points behind the Penguins. Plus a lot of those blown leads we wound up with one point instead of zero anyway.

Well we would be within range of the Penguins, they widened the gap recently, I didn't realize they were 17 points ahead.

Last edited by a moderator:

Devils Unseen Hand

Jul 25, 2002
Ocean County
Ugh. This. Is. Not. The. Point.

It's not like it came down to losing one of Gelinas or Urbom. It came down to losing one of Urbom or possibly (though not probably) Harrold. And we chose to keep Harrold. That was, is, and always will be a bad decision and poor asset management and I don't really see how anyone could argue otherwise.

Lou should have "not lost" any player & should have traded away for something. But that topis is :deadhorse

I've been saying it since last year that Urbom, Tedenby & JJ should be traded away for picks. They don't belong on this team & the Devils are wasting their time & the player's time.

A few more "dead-weight" players to send packing & we should be OK moving forward.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad