Pick 1, the other 2 are dead to you.

• Suzuki

• Caufield

• Dach

Results are only viewable after voting.

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
Slaf,so underrated :/ wait 2-3 years this guy will be insane. or Dach/Caufield/Suzuki in this order but it's very close. I think Slaf will be the best of the 4 so i'll build around him.
Didn’t you say the same thing about KK ?

• Haha
Reactions: MasterD and ArtPeur

AlexGretzchenvid

Jan 19, 2013
Glad most of you ( so far ) have Picked caufield to BUILD around. Hard to find snipers like him! He just scores and scores. Right now I don't think montreal has a player that fits with Caufield the way hughes type did.

MasterD

Giggidy Giggidy Goo
Jul 1, 2004
Voted Dach on potential. Suzuki is better right now but I think Dach will be better soon, has more tools to work with.

Love Caufield but I'm not sure if he can sustain this longterm without a good center (we're talking hypothetically building a team)

Slaf,so underrated :/ wait 2-3 years this guy will be insane. or Dach/Caufield/Suzuki in this order but it's very close. I think Slaf will be the best of the 4 so i'll build around him.
I hope you're right.
I haven't been THAT impressed with what I've seen so far, but there's tons of room to grow for sure.

Reactions: Tetragrammaton

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
None of the above. You don't build around one player and the ones we got are good but not ones you build around.

HOCKEY TEAM. It's the ultimate team sport and you can no longer win a cup with one star. Not even McDavid.

JoelWarlord

May 7, 2012
Halifax
Caufield right now. In my view he has the most unique skillset of the three, so I think the opportunity cost of picking one of the other two is higher.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Fantasy scenario: You must chose only 1 to build your team around from scratch, who's it gonna be?

Suzuki
Caufield
Dach
It takes more than 1 player to build a contender around. So why ask this question?

I mean, we need all of Suzuki, Dach, and Caufield, plus more like them, if we're going to have any hope of contending.

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
Suzuki remains my choice, but it's a silly premise as regardless of which of the three one picks it is obvious that the roster needs the equivalent or better players than the other two as part of the equation to succeed.

So, really, the correct answer is "all 3 +upgrades to better use the 30M$ currently tied up in Hoff/Gally/Drouin/Dadonov/Armia/ dvorak

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Suzuki because of the complete player that he is.
That said I won't be surprised if down the road Kirby Dach exceeds Suzuki as the team's leading scorer.

Reactions: Tetragrammaton

Tetragrammaton

Mar 17, 2022
It takes more than 1 player to build a contender around. So why ask this question?

I mean, we need all of Suzuki, Dach, and Caufield, plus more like them, if we're going to have any hope of contending.
The question is which one do you chose, you have to chose 1 and the 2 others are dead to you. Of course we want and need them all. It doesn't feel good to have to chose between things you like, the question is to get people out of their comfort zone and make a hard decision.

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
Caufield......that's the one player I'm excited every time he has the puck and he's terribly clutch.
He might not be the absolute best between the 3 of them but he's the most dynamic one!

Tetragrammaton

Mar 17, 2022
None of the above. You don't build around one player and the ones we got are good but not ones you build around.

HOCKEY TEAM. It's the ultimate team sport and you can no longer win a cup with one star. Not even McDavid.
That's not the question. That's not the thread. Read the question again and vote, it's supposed to be a hard decision, has nothing to do with anything you just said.

Wheres the Kaiden Guhle option?
You would have voted Guhle?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad