YOU Be the Coach: Who should be on the Point on the PP?

Green Blob*

I am going to start a few of these over the weeks and see how it goes, if it goes bad, then I will stop, if it goes good, then i may continue ;)

The PP points usually consist of as of TODAY, Girardi, Richards, Zucc, Moore, Del Zotto, Stalman

Now todays question is, as the COACH, do you put in McD or Girardi on the point?

For me, no-brainer.. Girardi is a below average offensive player IMO. McD has a ton of potential still to be a good offensive player but he is not getting the PP he need to develop. He also shows great flashes when he is up there

The Verdict for me:

MCD (and ITS NOT CLOSE). Give him the time. Moore deserves it and is getting it on the 2nd unit, give it to McD as well.....

Last edited by a moderator:
Jan 8, 2012
NY
This should be McD, and not even close.

What "untapped offensive potential" does Tortorella see in Dan Girardi? The ability to shoot high and wide? Or try that "bank it off the boards" play 50X a game? So stupid, that man is.

Kershaw

Girardi is sadly our best option for the point on the PP. Blame Glen for constructing a bad roster. Asking McDonagh to play the PP is asking way above his responsibilities.

Green Blob*

Girardi is sadly our best option for the point on the PP. Blame Glen for constructing a bad roster. Asking McDonagh to play the PP is asking way above his responsibilities.

Maybe, but how is McD suppose to get better if hes not given the role?

Dalagaze

Rangers in 7
Apr 6, 2012
NY
C) Moore and/or Stralman

They're doing with McDonagh what they did with Staal: More defensive role and PK time at first, PP time later on. Plus, he doesn't need to be playing any more minutes than he has.

Pugs35

Jul 11, 2006
PA
The answer is it doesn't matter if none of them shoot through traffic. Which none of them do.

Kershaw

Maybe, but how is McD suppose to get better if hes not given the role?

He's been given shots and he isn't better than MDZ or Richards, both LH players that play the point.

It's like asking Pyatt to play a top 6 role

zelrio*

What the **** does Richards get $15 million per season for again?

Green Blob*

He's been given shots and he isn't better than MDZ or Richards, both LH players that play the point.

It's like asking Pyatt to play a top 6 role

He def has not been giving a real shot.

Apr 10, 2012
2 options is a bad poll. neither one should be.
problem a: mcd is a left handed shot, so is del zotto-- ie one gets pumped down
problem b: give me moore over mcd on the pp, or stralman over girardi if right side is only option
problem c: life is over. doesn't matter what we do :|

to answer the actual poll... probably mcdonagh

Jan 8, 2012
NY
Give me:
Stralman-McD on 1st unit.

Moore-Whoever on 2nd unit.

Many will argue. But DZ is not a good PP player.

Holocene

Mar 10, 2011
Toms River, NJ
I knew it was going to be Kershaw voting for Girardi when I saw he had one vote. Girardi is horrible on the PP and every time I see him there I lose a year off my life. Can't keep the puck in, gets his shot blocked so easily and lobs weak wristers when there is an open lane. It hurts watching him on the PP.

Kershaw

He def has not been giving a real shot.

He shouldn't be getting one.

He's never been a point producer at any level, so why will he suddenly be QBing a PP in the freaking NHL?

Girardi on our team sadly has the best ability to get shots through and capably move the puck in a creative pattern. It just sucks for him that he doesn't have enough footspeed to get to loose pucks.

Miller Time NYR

Oct 5, 2010
Long Beach
someone thats not going to ***** foot around with the puck and force passes on guys that arent ready or in a good shooting position, alla richards.

SA16

Sixstring
Aug 25, 2006
Long Island
McDonagh is a much better skater, passer, and puckhandler than Girardi. Girardi has a better shot. I would rather have McDonagh. Girardi fumbles the puck at the blue line and kills our chances much too often.

Jabroni

The People's Champ
Jun 1, 2008
McD, easily. Stronger shot and gets it through more often.

Girardi cannot play the PP point.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad