You are AV: Who is the 7th defenseman going into the season?

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
Thats piss poor roster management if Diaz was waived to accommodate Glass. Really upsetting if thats the case.

I do not think that is the case. I'm wondering what their motive is to put guys on waivers so early. Is it to give them a chance to hook up with new teams? If they wanted to keep Diaz I would think they would wait to see if a trade (of somebody else) could be made first. The other question is do we really need to carry 8 dmen on the NHL roster?

Off Sides

Sep 8, 2008
Thats piss poor roster management if Diaz was waived to accommodate Glass. Really upsetting if thats the case.

I have to think they waived Diaz so they can bank the maximum amount of cap space. Yet that only makes sense if they also waive/trade Glass because that banks them the maximum amount of cap space.

True Blue

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
We could wait until we know about Yandle TB. I've mentioned before that I think the Rangers will wait a little and see how his season is going but if they're happy come January--they will try to sign Keith to a multi-year deal. If Yandle wants more than we can give though--I think he will be moved because he's too valuable to lose for nothing. Any scenario with Yandle in our lineup though next year though and Klein is out the door.

That presumes that Yandle is performing. Remember that even prior to his injury, Yandle's performance was "meh" at best.

I do agree that for the future it is one or the other. But let's recall that prior to his injury, Klien was the steadiest defenseman when looking at the overall body of work from day 1.

haveandare

Jul 2, 2009
New York
That presumes that Yandle is performing. Remember that even prior to his injury, Yandle's performance was "meh" at best.

I do agree that for the future it is one or the other. But let's recall that prior to his injury, Klien was the steadiest defenseman when looking at the overall body of work from day 1.

Klein had a few months where he scored at an unsustainable rate.

Yandle is probably top 3 in d man scoring over the last few years.

If I have to pick one or the other it's very very easy. Klein is replaceable. Yandle isn't.

True Blue

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Yandle is probably top 3 in d man scoring over the last few years.

If I have to pick one or the other it's very very easy. Klein is replaceable. Yandle isn't.
Sure, that is what Yandle was. That is not what he has been in his tenure in NY. Did he look like a top-3 scoring defenseman? And until he plays at such a level, it is not such an open and shut case. Especially when one considers defensive play.

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
Sure, that is what Yandle was. That is not what he has been in his tenure in NY. Did he look like a top-3 scoring defenseman? And until he plays at such a level, it is not such an open and shut case. Especially when one considers defensive play.

Yeah, he actually did. He kinda had a slow start with the Rangers, which is an extremely common thing around the league. Once he was settled in but before he separated his shoulder and once he was playing with a lower level of pain (Tampa series), he definitely looked like a top flight offensive D to me.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad