Prospect Info: Yotes Fans Only: Dvorsky or Leonard?

Dvorsky or Leonard

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

JasonDemersWasOkay

Nov 14, 2018
My first impression of Leonard is that he's very similar to Cooley in terms of style. Cooley is great but it might be good to get Dvorsky to have more balance down the middle.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
My first impression of Leonard is that he's very similar to Cooley in terms of style. Cooley is great but it might be good to get Dvorsky to have more balance down the middle.

Are you thinking of Will Smith? Leonard is like a smaller, faster McBain.

mouser

Business of Hockey
Jul 13, 2006
South Mountain
Close, but Dvorsky would be my pick. Using some of BA's logic, if there is a tie or players are part of the same tier on your list, you may pick based on need. If there is a position I am most comfortable stacking prospects it is center.

There’s never anything wrong with having too many “centers”. So many switch to wing.

Back during Detroit‘s 90’s and early 00’s dynasty, at times they ran forward lines with 7-8 “centers” and 4-5 wings.

Reactions: Jakey53

Vinny Boombatz

formerly ctwin22
Mar 21, 2008
Chandler, AZ
Flyers really need everything, especially top end skill. I think if Maccelli hadn't made such an impact this season we would be singing a different tune about Benson. I'd be thrilled with him at 6 though.
Exactly true...makes a difference, because you can't have all midgets in the top 6 and since we already have Keller & Maccelli and for all purposes Schmaltz plays small, so it's literally half of the top 6

gorsk11

Logan Cooley for the win.
Jun 25, 2008
AZ
Honestly dont care about size. I want the better skill and someone who works their ass off. I think too many people are thinking X player is not a BA size player. Don't think size is the most important factor when drafting top of the draft.

PHX FireBirds18

Jul 20, 2006
I’m going to have to with Leonard. Id be equally excited for Dvorsky but there’s something special about Leonard im reading. Haven’t been able to see it yet in highlights but that kind of character sounds like culture cementing too me. Id love to get him Crouse and McBain on a line!

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Funny. Benson is absolutely dominating Dvorsky on the Flyers board poll for this.
I have not watched one shift of Benson, I just can't get behind a midget. I know that is stupid, but I love size. There are very few Gaudreau's out there.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Honestly dont care about size. I want the better skill and someone who works their ass off. I think too many people are thinking X player is not a BA size player. Don't think size is the most important factor when drafting top of the draft.
I don't think anyone said size is the most important factor.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Benson is your guy, then. Hardest worker in the class.

wbwing

Aug 28, 2014
I’m going to have to with Leonard. Id be equally excited for Dvorsky but there’s something special about Leonard im reading. Haven’t been able to see it yet in highlights but that kind of character sounds like culture cementing too me. Id love to get him Crouse and McBain on a line!
Nah, get him, Crouse, and McBain on each of their own lines. Give the other side no rest and no quarter. Jenik and McCartney on the 4th.

Reactions: sundance74

wbwing

Aug 28, 2014
Actually, that makes us the Islanders. Maybe you need a bit more skill than that.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
I haven't watched Jr hockey in a long time but that kinda sounds like Nik Petan??
No Nic Petan is Cristall. Jarvis would be a better comp for Benson.

Were you born a troll or did someone make you this way?

Anyway, for those actually interested (not you) - I’d say Benson has some elements of Jarvis, and also Marner and even Claude Giroux.

I have not watched one shift of Benson, I just can't get behind a midget. I know that is stupid, but I love size. There are very few Gaudreau's out there.
And yet your comment to hbk. You must spend all day every day laughing at yourself.

Prestigeworldwide

Apr 21, 2017
Are you thinking of Will Smith? Leonard is like a smaller, faster McBain.

I see Leonard being somewhere between a Jake Neighbours - Matt Tkachuk style player and I imagine BA loves the kid. Looking foward to seeing him at the combine June 4th.

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
No Nic Petan is Cristall. Jarvis would be a better comp for Benson.

Were you born a troll or did someone make you this way?

Anyway, for those actually interested (not you) - I’d say Benson has some elements of Jarvis, and also Marner and even Claude Giroux.

And yet your comment to hbk. You must spend all day every day laughing at yourself.
Nik Petan in Jr was a skilled puck hound. No idea why you fellas always go to insults?? It says more about you than me.

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
I’d take Benson over Dvorsky too. And over Leonard. And Smith. And maybe even Carlsson. I just found it interesting that he got no love here but tons of it there. Funny how it works.
Bensen has 1st line upside. He has been the best player on a stacked Winnipeg team for 2 years. Ideally he’s there at 12.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad