Prospect Info: Yotes Fans Only: Dvorsky or Leonard?

Dvorsky or Leonard

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
I just re-watched Dvorsky play Canada in bronze medal game yesterday. Dvorsky was a dominant force and played heavy minutes in a key position. Strong 200 foot C who can play in any situation with enough offence that he could be a 1C down the road. Ryan O’Reilly type player. Love his game.

Reactions: ck26, lanky and che

Jormungandr

Aug 14, 2002
Ohio
My main problem with Leonard is he’s not big enough to play the style of game he wants to play long term. I’ve seen him listed at 5’11”, and 6’. Hopefully at the combine he comes in at or slightly above 6’ and not 5’11”. He doesn’t strike me as very big when I watch him though, so I’m a little skeptical.

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
These seems like it’s too close to call.

Follow-Up: Would anyone actually be disappointed if we chose one over the other? Meaning, do any of you have a very strong preference? For me, it’s basically a coin-toss.
I’m content to trust our scouts as well. Unless they take someone who’s far down or not even on my list at 6.

Matias Maccete

Chopping up defenses
Sep 21, 2014

Follow-Up: Would anyone actually be disappointed if we chose one over the other? Meaning, do any of you have a very strong preference? For me, it’s basically a coin-toss.
I'm pretty much at "trust our scouts until the player busts". Geekie pick looks iffy, but still way to early to call.

RedBeard

Aug 16, 2005
Phoenix
Close, but Dvorsky would be my pick. Using some of BA's logic, if there is a tie or players are part of the same tier on your list, you may pick based on need. If there is a position I am most comfortable stacking prospects it is center.

Reactions: Jakey53

moosemeister

5,000 strong
Feb 15, 2010
Mesa, Arizona
Close, but Dvorsky would be my pick. Using some of BA's logic, if there is a tie or players are part of the same tier on your list, you may pick based on need. If there is a position I am most comfortable stacking prospects it is center.
There is always a chance Geekie busts or Cooley doesn’t play center. I say keep drafting centers. Centers can always move to wing.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Prefer risers to those that have fallen slightly or not upped their game. Leonard.

Sciamachy

Shadow Coyote
Jan 31, 2008
Leonard. I've got Leonard and Benson as a very close 5/6 and Dvorsky at 9(ish) on my list.

Vinny Boombatz

formerly ctwin22
Mar 21, 2008
Chandler, AZ

I have Dvorsky #6/Leonard #7, so yeah, wouldn't care either way

Grimes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 5, 2012
Tippet's Doghouse

Will be thrilled with either.

Prefer risers to those that have fallen slightly or not upped their game. Leonard.

This has become something I factor into prospects now too so I give a slight edge to Leonard. I just wonder if there have rely been enough eyes on Dvorsky to know if he has or hasn't upped his game

YotesFan47

Jun 16, 2012
Phoenix, Arizona USA
I chose Leonard, but either is fine. I think Leonard may have a better shot as a difference maker, though I think he also has a lower floor. I'm willing to make the trade for a higher impact player.

Prestigeworldwide

Apr 21, 2017
I love Leonard's motor, physical play. He has a I'll out work you/winner mentality. Great possession/transition numbers, great defender and can score. Leonard all the way for me.
Wouldn't mind Smith either though...

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
I just re-watched Dvorsky play Canada in bronze medal game yesterday. Dvorsky was a dominant force and played heavy minutes in a key position. Strong 200 foot C who can play in any situation with enough offence that he could be a 1C down the road. Ryan O’Reilly type player. Love his game.

This is my sense as well. Lacks offensive pizzazz, but everything else is there. And that's not say he doesn't score. It's just not super flashy and fun.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad