Prospect Info: Yotes Fans Only: Dvorsky or Leonard?

Dvorsky or Leonard

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Schemp

Nov 12, 2018
Forum 40
I’d take Benson over Dvorsky too. And over Leonard. And Smith. And maybe even Carlsson. I just found it interesting that he got no love here but tons of it there. Funny how it works.
I think it's because, arguably, LW is our strongest position. Keller, Crouse, Maccelli may be our 3 best skaters. And then you add Benson's height. That's why I speculate about trading down (I don't believe trading up is a viable possibility) even though we have more than enough draft assets. GMBA may very well be wheeling and dealing this draft. It wouldn't surprise me if we get 4 picks in the 1st in this draft (but again, that's what I was expecting last draft).

Bensen has 1st line upside. He has been the best player on a stacked Winnipeg team for 2 years. Ideally he’s there at 12.
Filly phans have him as the BPA, so...

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
I think it's because, arguably, LW is our strongest position. Keller, Crouse, Maccelli may be our 3 best skaters. And then you add Benson's height. That's why I speculate about trading down (I don't believe trading up is a viable possibility) even though we have more than enough draft assets. GMBA may very well be wheeling and dealing this draft. It wouldn't surprise me if we get 4 picks in the 1st in this draft (but again, that's what I was expecting last draft).

Filly phans have him as the BPA, so...
I will say this. bensen had a bad injury that knocked him out of the playoffs early on and since he has been back he’s been good but not at the same level of where he was at before. What happens when its a NHL D hitting him night in night out.

Reactions: Schemp

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
I will say this. bensen had a bad injury that knocked him out of the playoffs early on and since he has been back he’s been good but not at the same level of where he was at before. What happens when its a NHL D hitting him night in night out.
I completely agree with this. But I think he’s gonna bulk up and be ok. I won’t deny it’s a concern. Size is a concern for Benson. But he’s literally a perfect hockey player apart from that.

Reactions: Schemp

PainForShane

formerly surfshop
Dec 24, 2019
Not sure if this is for #6 or 12, but for me Benson clearly over both. And if Benson is picked earlier than 6 we should pick whoever's fallen (prob Will Smith or Michkov) with that 6 pick.

If either one of these guys is available at 12, YES. Slight preference for Leonard but who cares at #12 both are good prospects. Maybe Reinbacher in that mix as well but I really trust our scouts so will be happy w whoever they pick

rt

May 13, 2004
Not sure if this is for #6 or 12, but for me Benson clearly over both. And if Benson is picked earlier than 6 we should pick whoever's fallen (prob Will Smith or Michkov) with that 6 pick.

If either one of these guys is available at 12, YES. Slight preference for Leonard but who cares at #12 both are good prospects. Maybe Reinbacher in that mix as well but I really trust our scouts so will be happy w whoever they pick
These are the 6th and 7th rated prospects on the McKenzie poll. So, the average ranking of 10 NHL head scouts places them at 6th and 7th. It would be very surprising if either made it to 12th. Especially since the poll was released so shortly after the u18s (where they were both very impressive) and both are likely to show very well at the combine.

PainForShane

formerly surfshop
Dec 24, 2019
These are the 6th and 7th rated prospects on the McKenzie poll. So, the average ranking of 10 NHL head scouts places them at 6th and 7th. It would be very surprising if either made it to 12th. Especially since the poll was released so shortly after the u18s and both are likely to show very well at the combine.

Makes sense thanks.

Maybe I missed something but why isn't Benson part of the poll? Has BA said he doesn't want him (size) or did I miss a previous F40 poll? That's who I want us to pick honestly

rt

May 13, 2004
Makes sense thanks.

Maybe I missed something but why isn't Benson part of the poll? Has BA said he doesn't want him (size) or did I miss a previous F40 poll? That's who I want us to pick honestly
This was a reaction to the individual team board mock that someone on HF does every year. Ours has some serious monkey business from outside fans. Benson was part of that poll but got crushed by both Leonard and Dvorsky who were the runaway favorites on this forum. Leonard won that poll. I didn’t trust the results. This was a runoff. Dvorsky won this one.

Maybe next week I’ll start a F40 rankings poll and we’ll get a top 16 together or something. I’ll skip Bedard and Fantilli and do one poll per day for 2wks until we’ve got a top 16.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Jakey....

If I added a poll at the top asking who's opinion is more meaningful..... and you and @hbk were the only two choices, I would be shocked if you got more than your own vote.

:sarcasm:
I wouldn't vote for myself. I don't watch these kids. Stop being so serious. I was kidding with hbk.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad