GDT: Yotes @ Caps | 11/5/22 | 7:00pm ET

IafrateOvie34

May 14, 2009
I feel like they should just dump Mantha, Carlson, Oshie, Kuzy for whatever is under 25 and not injury-prone and just focus on getting Ovi to 895. This loss probably cements us as out of the playoffs. No way we'll make this up. We're 6th in the Metro with one more game played than everybody else, 2-3 more games played than some teams.

We're done.

Indeed, but the organization will spin it as man games lost to injuries.

Ovie's Neighbor

Jan 23, 2007
Look on the bright side. Won’t have to schedule any summer plans around a potential deep playoff run.

PlushMinus

Nov 18, 2021
We are a truly a bunch of losers, top to bottom. Gustafson is a buffoon, and that’s on you BM for thinking he’s an upgrade over Lu Jo, etc.
I think they viewed Gustafsson as a replacement for Schultz. Not much of a defensive player but able to score points and be used on PP2. It's pretty clear he's been a defensive liability throughout his career and has only really had any kind of success when playing on bad Chicago teams.

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
Nice jerseys guys. looks great :)

Caps and Penguins racing each other to the bottom of the East

robert-redford-jeremiah-johnson.gif

HeyMattyB

Sports bring out the worst in everyone.
Aug 20, 2010
Philadelphia, PA
Rock bottom?
We haven't even begun truly sinking yet. We've just spotted the iceberg and are still bracing for impact. After this next stretch of games, though, there will probably be nothing left except the long, slow descent down into the icy depths of despair and--ultimately (thankfully)--the sweet bliss of death.

PlushMinus

Nov 18, 2021
Not even close. So much terrain still to explore on our slow downward swirl
It will really get bad when Kuemper realises he can't single handedly keep us in games by standing on his head every time he's in goal. If he starts to falter (and Lindgren) then we are truly screwed.

Reactions: troyerlaw

YippieKaey

How you gonna do hockey like that?
Apr 2, 2012
Stockholm Sweden
Holy shit, people. It's barely 15% of the season played. Step off the ledge.

The standings by the time of American Thanksgiving tend to be a pretty good reflection of the standings after 82 games.

And i don't know about you, but where's the improvement coming from here? Possibly Kuzy starts shaping up but that's not enough.

We're done. Book it. Might as well tank.

It will really get bad when Kuemper realises he can't single handedly keep us in games by standing on his head every time he's in goal. If he starts to falter (and Lindgren) then we are truly screwed.

Darcy Kuemper is a very injury prone goalie on an extremely injury prone team. He's also our best player currently so im betting he's out with something within the next 5 or so games.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: ClevelandCapsfan

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
The standings by the time of American Halloween tend to be a pretty good reflection of the standings after 82 games.

And i don't know about you, but where's the improvement coming from here? Possibly Kuzy starts shaping up but that's not enough.

We're done. Book it. Might as well tank.

Darcy Kuemper is a very injury prone goalie on an extremely injury prone team. He's also our best player currently so im betting he's out with something within the next 5 or so games.
Thanksgiving

Capsman

Nov 21, 2008

Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.

This confirms what the eye test tells me, CM makes some smart, nifty plays on offense. If he can get stronger, work on finishing, and improve defense (which I expect he will) along with playing his natural position, he will be a player. I’d like to see him center teammates who aren’t offensively inept .

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad