GDT: Yotes @ Avs | 4pm MT | GDT Positivity Edition

zzs06

Jul 11, 2017
Mackinnon is third in the league averaging 1.48 points per game. Pretty incredible. If he stays healthy he should absolutely hit 100 this year

Reactions: Colorado Avalanche

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
I missed the game, but beating the Yotes in OT really raises a lot of question marks. Arizona has had our number for the past couple of seasons, but at least we had winning seasons when were clearly the better team. This season...not so much...

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
I missed the game, but beating the Yotes in OT really raises a lot of question marks. Arizona has had our number for the past couple of seasons, but at least we had winning seasons when were clearly the better team. This season...not so much...
In fairness we severely outplayed Arizona today. I mean we out shot them 19-0 in the 3rd period. Ingram played very well and got some fortunate bounces. Game could have easily been 5-2.

What I will say is frustrating is the inconsistent effort. The first 15 mins was fine, then we hit a 25 mins lull, then 20 mins of domination. But this isn't anything new and isn't going to change anytime soon.

Also concerning is Rantanen has entered his usual can't do anything right streak. He is playing like dog shit. We need him to snap out of it quickly.

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
The two goals they gave up is similar to how they been giving up goals of late. Avoidable and unacceptable. 2 points is 2 points but they dont seem to learning from mistakes.

willy702

Jul 3, 2016
The heat map kind of tells the story. 75% Corsi and you'd think they dominated but they didn't win the xG by much because this is crap. Point shots and shots from the boards are not going to lead to many goals especially when no one is going to the net. Going 18-0 on SOG in the 3rd is pretty impressive but few shots were really a threat and the one they didn't get on net from LOC was like a joke.

missionAvs

Leader of the WGA
Sponsor
Aug 18, 2009
Florida
He easily stays over Newhook. It isn't close right now. One guy is producing and engaging. The other is avoiding contact like the plague.

That shit pissed me off. Dude blatantly backed off a puck in the boards in order to avoid contact.

Drury_Sakic

Jul 25, 2003
www.avalanchedb.com
Games like this, and the last few weeks in general, are why I wish the Avs had made more depth moves even if the big moves were not there.

There is some fatigue lack of focus that has hit the team. Some from the cup run and some from the injuries and guys playing too much. it would be nice to have 2 more depth options to cycle in and out of the lineup, 1 d and 1 forward.

Do either of those players win you a cup outright, maybe not, but it perhaps lets you rest a guy who needs it down the stretch, balances minutes out a bit more, provides some spark and hunger, and/or let’s you sit someone who is under performing.

Reactions: SB

AllAboutAvs

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2006
He easily stays over Newhook. It isn't close right now. One guy is producing and engaging. The other is avoiding contact like the plague.
What are you talking about? Newhook looks fantastic with the puck...................................................................................when there are no defending players around him.

NOTENOUGHRYJOTHINGS

Oct 23, 2022
Games like this, and the last few weeks in general, are why I wish the Avs had made more depth moves even if the big moves were not there.

There is some fatigue lack of focus that has hit the team. Some from the cup run and some from the injuries and guys playing too much. it would be nice to have 2 more depth options to cycle in and out of the lineup, 1 d and 1 forward.

Do either of those players win you a cup outright, maybe not, but it perhaps lets you rest a guy who needs it down the stretch, balances minutes out a bit more, provides some spark and hunger, and/or let’s you sit someone who is under performing.
They should have traded for some Centre Support and a defender who can Play Now.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad