GDT: Yotes @ Avs | 4pm MT | GDT Positivity Edition

StLAvsFan

Feb 8, 2015
MacKinnon just said he might be better than Goulet someday but not Sakic LOL. Gotta love the honesty. More players should just shoot straight
Mack is definitely a more talented, dynamic offensive player, but I don't ever see him scoring 50 goals in a season, or passing Goulet's 548 career goals. Don't think he'll ever hit 100 pts. in a season either.

GirardSpinorama

Aug 20, 2004
Mack is definitely a more talented, dynamic offensive player, but I don't ever see him scoring 50 goals in a season, or passing Goulet's 548 career goals. Don't think he'll ever hit 100 pts. in a season either.

Goulet is probably even more dynamic than Mack when accounting for era.

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
I’d agree with 50 in a season and 548 career, but I don’t agree with the 100 points in a season. If he stays healthy rest of the season, he might get it this year, but even if not this year, I’m sure he’ll get it someday

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
Greg Mauldin!

I'm rarely wrong, unlike @The Kingslayer, but I'm glad to be wrong about this one.
Im 90% correct on my predictions this season.

Thought this game was on at 7 for some reason. Nice to see Malgin continue to score along with Mackinnon extending his point streak at home. Bo Byram needs to wake up. No idea wat the hell has happened to him the last little while but this team needs him to be better. Alot better.

StLAvsFan

Feb 8, 2015
Goulet is probably even more dynamic than Mack when accounting for era.
Goulet scored most his goals around the greasy areas in close. You didn't have as much freewheeling back then as you have now, with the exception of the Gretzky & Co. Oilers. The Nordiques were pretty high-flying too, but that was primarily the Stastny Bros. as opposed to Michel Goulet. In open ice, or in terms of stickhandling in traffic to get a shot off--Mack is hands-down the better player. But battling thru defenders to clean up a rebound--Goulet was money in the bank.

StLAvsFan

Feb 8, 2015
He needs 23 points in 18 games to hit 100. At his pace he easily hits it this season.
Hitting 100 points after missing as much time as he did would be an impressive achievement. I like the fact that he's in striking range, because you know Mack's motivated to reach that milestone. And a motivated #29 is the straw that stirs the drink with this team.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad