GDT: Yotes @ Avs | 4pm MT | GDT Positivity Edition

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
I missed the game, but beating the Yotes in OT really raises a lot of question marks. Arizona has had our number for the past couple of seasons, but at least we had winning seasons when were clearly the better team. This season...not so much...
Its simple. This Avs team is not as good as last year and it’s not too hard to see. This is more like the Avs from couple of years ago. Not too much depth up front, injured and probably 2nd round exit

katfude

Sep 25, 2015
Im 90% correct on my predictions this season.

Thought this game was on at 7 for some reason. Nice to see Malgin continue to score along with Mackinnon extending his point streak at home. Bo Byram needs to wake up. No idea wat the hell has happened to him the last little while but this team needs him to be better. Alot better.
Time to steal the ALWAYS RIGHT tagline from Dizee

Reactions: The Moops

rmthomson21

Sep 22, 2015
DMV
63 career goals for Cale 18 of which are game winners that's crazy. I wonder what the record for highest percentage of goals scored being game winners is, 28% of your goals scored being game winners seems crazy high but I can't find a stat for that.
Yeah, and with scoring relatively higher now, you'd expect the percentage of game winners to sink, too - just since a lower percentage of all goals are.

Reactions: Jazzguitar

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
This is the 2017-18 Avs

Finished the season 4th in the Central with a record 43-30-9

Currently we are at 36-22-6
Yeah I wanted to say few years ago not couple. Couple of years ago they had decent depth but choked against Vegas in the playoffs

Reactions: GirardSpinorama

Northern Avs Fan

May 27, 2019
If it comes at the expense of Malgin, you sit Newhook.

Right now Newhook is healthy scratch territory.

Yeah, Malgin is hot right now, so it makes sense to keep him in.

I think Nieto probably comes out when Helm gets back:

Rodrigues - Mack - Rantanen
Lehkonen - Compher - Nichushkin
Malgin - Eller - Newhook
Cogs - Helm - LOC

If the Avs have a healthy forward group (not likely) when Landeksog comes back then maybe Newhook sits.

GirardSpinorama

Aug 20, 2004
I think malgin can replace ERod next year, as the cheap 3rd liner who can pot in some points. He looks better eye test while but ERod has a better shot.

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
Tage Thompson says hi
To be fair I did draft him early in my pool lol I just fell for Vilardi hot start haha

Time to steal the ALWAYS RIGHT tagline from Dizee
He stole it from me that jabroni

I think malgin can replace ERod next year, as the cheap 3rd liner who can pot in some points. He looks better eye test while but ERod has a better shot.
ERod needs to be replaced but it needs to be someone better than Malgin. I like Malgin right now but I know im going to eventually hate him.

Reactions: The Moops

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
Its simple. This Avs team is not as good as last year and it’s not too hard to see. This is more like the Avs from couple of years ago. Not too much depth up front, injured and probably 2nd round exit
Yah thats about where I have this team. This team reminds me of that team that lost to the Sharks in 7. On paper the Avs defense looks good but in reality guys like Toews and Byram have been up and down. Girard has been the Avs most consistent dman and you can argue the Avs best dman since the new year. I dont know if thats a good thing or not because he should be the Avs 3rd or 4th best dman.

Reactions: CobraAcesS

niwotsblessing

May 1, 2010
City of Holy Faith
Yah thats about where I have this team. This team reminds me of that team that lost to the Sharks in 7. On paper the Avs defense looks good but in reality guys like Toews and Byram have been up and down. Girard has been the Avs most consistent dman and you can argue the Avs best dman since the new year. I dont know if thats a good thing or not because he should be the Avs 3rd or 4th best dman.
Get back to me about our defense when we have our top 6 players healthy and on the ice.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
lol you a dreamer

I have a dream where they've managed this team in a way where everyone is given extra time to get fully healthy, despite standings except Cale and his concussions.

It'll be like Avengers showing up in Infinity war, but half of them will turn to dust and we still lose.

Maybe some of them will achieve a beautiful death, but a lot won't. 😊

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
I'm super impressed with Nuke in his first year though. Like, let's go almost a ppg while spending the year being f***ed with in out in pain etc.

I wouldn't write Byram off, but that f***er is literally just following in Landy's footsteps. Hopefully we get a few more years of both of them before Landy LTIRetires.

Reactions: GirardSpinorama

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
I have a dream where they've managed this team in a way where everyone is given extra time to get fully healthy, despite standings except Cale and his concussions.

It'll be like Avengers showing up in Infinity war, but half of them will turn to dust and we still lose.

Maybe some of them will achieve a beautiful death, but a lot won't. 😊
I think they do this to a fault in some cases lol. They let the players decide when they are good to play. Some orgs rush players back but I dont think the Avs are one of them. They never have been going back to the golden years.

Reactions: CobraAcesS

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
I think they do this to a fault in some cases lol. They let the players decide when they are good to play. Some orgs rush players back but I dont think the Avs are one of them. They never have been going back to the golden years.

Yeah, but they only employ warriors lol.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad