TSN: [Yost] Ottawa Senators pass critical transition point in full-blown rebuild

dumbdick

Galactic Defender
May 31, 2008
I still think we should have been competitive on the ice with the roster we had. A lot of the failings are on Boucher. He lost the room, over-relied on fourth line scrubs, and failed to adapt when his d-first strategy got highly predictable.

So we blew it up and here we are. We've got a lot of B+ type prospects in the org and some high picks coming.

I want to be optimistic, but it's going to take some amazing luck and drafting to even get back to the level of our old roster. Honestly, what are the odds we can turn our top two picks into another Stone and Karl? Let alone also replacing Duchene, Hoff, Dzingel and Pageau....

Reactions: Sensung and Deku

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
I still think we should have been competitive on the ice with the roster we had. A lot of the failings are on Boucher. He lost the room, over-relied on fourth line scrubs, and failed to adapt when his d-first strategy got highly predictable.

So we blew it up and here we are. We've got a lot of B+ type prospects in the org and some high picks coming.

I want to be optimistic, but it's going to take some amazing luck and drafting to even get back to the level of our old roster. Honestly, what are the odds we can turn our top two picks into another Stone and Karl? Let alone also replacing Duchene, Hoff, Dzingel and Pageau....

Boucher also had Jaros/Lajoie playing regular minutes. Those two barely hold
their own in the AHL alone NHL .

Boucher was a system guy vs effort guy. His players didn’t work that hard for him in his “system will save everything” philosophy. Players like MD, MH, RD were not hard to play against.

Last edited:
Reactions: Fenix Rises 2026

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad