Signing(s): Yoshinobu Yamamoto signs with the Dodgers (12 years, $325 million)

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
It was just a coincidence he was at the Rams game with Ohtani

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Remember when Dodgers fans said their team doesn't just try to buy championships.
For the longest time, they didn't. Relied on their homegrown stars with the occasional big pick up (Grenkie, Mookie, Freeman, etc)

Evidentially the Dodgers have decided that developing their own talent is for peasants and have now resorted to spend all of the money.

Cubs2024WSChamps

Tate MacRae follows me on Tiktok
Apr 29, 2015
Dodgers trying to win World Series.

Internets- mlb needs a salary cap.

If this was anybody favorite team they would be ecstatic.

Haters are just gonna hate. Once Ohtani signed in LA there was no way Yama was going anywhere else.

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
Freaking Dodgers. It makes me want to unfollow baseball completely when like 5 teams (including my Yankees) can just outbid everybody else.

And yes, I'm a little salty that the Yankees didn't land him.

Reactions: Filthy Dangles

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
If everything goes the Dodgers way you're looking at a rotation of; (no particular order)

Kershaw
May
Buehler
Glasnow
Yamamoto

Reminds me of the early 10s Phillies with their "4 aces" except they have someone potentially far better than Joe Blanton as their 5th

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
Dodgers trying to win World Series.

Internets- mlb needs a salary cap.

If this was anybody favorite team they would be ecstatic.

Haters are just gonna hate. Once Ohtani signed in LA there was no way Yama was going anywhere else.

The league has needed a cap forever and still does. May have no choice now after this. If we start seeing 3-4 teams do this with deferrals it’s coming

Scouter

Oct 21, 2007
Was supposed to sign with the Mets then bails on them, what, cause of Ohtani I guess. Well it looks like it might not matter cause the Dodgers seem to choke no matter who's on the team as we've seen the last 3 seasons.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
the whole "buying titles" thing is so stupid. if you have the money, spend it. it just means you actually care about winning unlike the scumbags such as john fisher

I don't have a problem with teams spending money. After all, enough teams proved last year that it doesn't really matter. Just don't pretend you don't, is all.

Cubs2024WSChamps

Tate MacRae follows me on Tiktok
Apr 29, 2015
The league has needed a cap forever and still does. May have no choice now after this. If we start seeing 3-4 teams do this with deferrals it’s coming
No, baseball doesn't need a salary cap.

Scout better, draft better if you can't hang with the teams that are willing to spend to win.

As a Cubs fan, I knew Ricketts wasn't spending a dime on any high priced FAs this year after blowing all his golf money last year.

As a baseball fan, who doesn't like a super team? I hope the Dodgers win the next three WS.

Vamos Rafa

Jan 11, 2010
Armenia, California
I don't have a problem with teams spending money. After all, enough teams proved last year that it doesn't really matter. Just don't pretend you don't, is all.
Because there’s no such thing as “buying championships.” It’s just a stupid precedent for later results. If they lose, it’s orgasm and celebration time. If they win, it’s completely illegitimized because they “bought “ it. To that I say, f*** you. (Not you in particular. Just dumbass fans with that annoying approach/mentality)

82Ninety42011

Jul 2, 2011
Abbotsford BC
Lockout is coming no way small market teams agreeing to another contract with players unless a cap is implemented. Every other league has one and the tax MLB has isn't enough. Congrats to Dodgers fans your putting together quite the all star team.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad