Confirmed with Link: yo we just signed denis gurianov

originalpredfan

Oct 27, 2013
With the addition of Gunianov we could possibly have 8 first round picks in our opening night lineup. Forsberg, Glass, Gunianov, McDonaugh, Fabbro, Schenn, Tomasino, Evangelista. I believe that's over 40%.

Predsanddead24

Mar 7, 2019
I wouldn't mind seeing a third line of Gurianov-Novak-Evangelista that we try and feed easy matchups too.

herzausstein

Aug 31, 2014
West Virginia
Me: pencils tomasino in at 1RW

Preds: sign 26-yo journeyman free agent Denis Gurianov, who is a 10-goal-per-year player, to essentially the league minimum

Twitter: omg there goes Tomasino’s spot

🤔
If we are running three balanced attack lines, i couldnt care less about which "line" players land on as long as they are effective.

Last year was a top 6 and a bottom 6 meatgrinder. In actually looking forward to how this plays out

Flgatorguy87

Jul 7, 2011
East Nasty
I expect the lineup to be ever evolving as all lineups are, but perhaps this year truly epitomizes that mindset.

We also don't know what Brunos mentality for developing a line will be. Will he like an all out offensive line, a balanced approach, a shut down line, how long will he believe a line needs to gel before he can make assumptions about it's future? Lots of interesting things to watch unfold.

Scoresberg

In Trotz We Trust?
May 28, 2015
Earth
I posted this in the other thread, but I don't mind this signing. Best case, you get some competition to the top-six spots and a useful player throughout. Worst case, he's back to Russia before X-mas.

And also, these Russians tend to take longer to develop. He's "only" 25, so maybe there's still something there we haven't seen.

From what I've seen, he can be a threat offensively while being responsible defensively. Not very physical, though. Could be a good option for the one-timer spot on the 2nd PP.

triggrman

Where is Hipcheck85
Sponsor
May 8, 2002
Murfreesboro, TN
hfboards.com
If we are running three balanced attack lines, i couldnt care less about which "line" players land on as long as they are effective.

Last year was a top 6 and a bottom 6 meatgrinder. In actually looking forward to how this plays out
And just a note, the majority of the nhl balances their lines, Hines is the hold out

Edgework

Jun 22, 2023
And just a note, the majority of the nhl balances their lines, Hines is the hold out
Agree.

The way I look at it is, you want to win as many shifts as possible. If you think (for example) forsberg is a good enough play driver to win most shifts he’s on the ice for, as long as his line mates are not trash…and you think the same thing of ROR…then you probably don’t want them together. Because you can win twice as many shifts with them apart as you can with them together.

So maybe you put an OK secondary play driver and a finisher with each.

It’s not “balance” per se in the sense of “every line must be equal”; it’s just about maximizing the number of shifts you can win (with a nod to “can we put the puck in the net if we win enough shifts”)

Reactions: triggrman

glenngineer

Jan 27, 2010
Franklin, TN
This guy will always be my Preds poster child for FA gone wrong. That was a summer of some pretty bad signings if I remember the timing correctly.
Stallberg, Nystrom, Gaustad and Hendricks.

Didn’t mind Gaustad so much but he was overpaid for sure.

I think Poile wanted Hendricks since he drafted him in Washington and he was supposedly good at the shoot out. Never amounted to anything.

Nystrom had the one four goal game that we lost. Also, watched his dad play on championship teams back in the day.

Very bad off-season for sure.

triggrman

Where is Hipcheck85
Sponsor
May 8, 2002
Murfreesboro, TN
hfboards.com
Stallberg, Nystrom, Gaustad and Hendricks.

Didn’t mind Gaustad so much but he was overpaid for sure.

I think Poile wanted Hendricks since he drafted him in Washington and he was supposedly good at the shoot out. Never amounted to anything.

Nystrom had the one four goal game that we lost. Also, watched his dad play on championship teams back in the day.

Very bad off-season for sure.
Hendricks was drafted by Poile in Nashville in 2000.

Reactions: glenngineer

nine_inch_fang

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 8, 2004
Nashville
How so you all remember this stuff without looking it up? Always amazes me when people can just talk about "the summer of 200X" like it was yesterday. Like, I remember it (kinda) now that you all have brought it up but not without these conversations or Google.

LCPreds

Dec 8, 2013
TN
How so you all remember this stuff without looking it up? Always amazes me when people can just talk about "the summer of 200X" like it was yesterday. Like, I remember it (kinda) now that you all have brought it up but not without these conversations or Google.

I am usually on vacation somewhere when FA stuff is happening. So I basically remember where I was when certain signings happened mainly because I associate it with the trip.

glenngineer

Jan 27, 2010
Franklin, TN
Hendricks was drafted by Poile in Nashville in 2000.
Oops. Why did I think he was drafted by the Caps.

That summer was so bad for signings it stuck with me for some reason. I could almost tell you the contracts too. I know Goose was 4 year 3.5 per and Stalberg was 4 year 3 per. Nystrom was 2.5 per for 4? Don’t remember Hendricks.

Reactions: LCPreds

nine_inch_fang

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 8, 2004
Nashville
Oops. Why did I think he was drafted by the Caps.

That summer was so bad for signings it stuck with me for some reason. I could almost tell you the contracts too. I know Goose was 4 year 3.5 per and Stalberg was 4 year 3 per. Nystrom was 2.5 per for 4? Don’t remember Hendricks.
The other one that I just can't do is favorite game or favorite goal. I can't pull them out of thin air but as soon as someone mentions them then I'm like, "ohhhhh yeah, that was great".

There are some highlights/ lowlights that are seared into my brain but nearly on the level of some of you all.

Reactions: Porter Stoutheart

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
The other one that I just can't do is favorite game or favorite goal. I can't pull them out of thin air but as soon as someone mentions them then I'm like, "ohhhhh yeah, that was great".

There are some highlights/ lowlights that are seared into my brain but nearly on the level of some of you all.
I figure by around age 40 my memory banks just hit "capacity" and then started getting overwritten. Fair enough. :dunno:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad