Confirmed with Link: yo we just signed denis gurianov

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
Ew. Not a fan. For all his size and skill and the opportunity he has always been given due to that and his draft pedigree, he still finds ways to squander it every year. He got 7 goals last year. So did Mark Jankowski. He got 17 points. So did Cole Smith.

Wouldn't mind him in Milwaukee, though, we need a few players there still. :)

herzausstein

Aug 31, 2014
West Virginia
Ew. Not a fan. For all his size and skill and the opportunity he has always been given due to that and his draft pedigree, he still finds ways to squander it every year. He got 7 goals last year. So did Mark Jankowski. He got 17 points. So did Cole Smith.

Wouldn't mind him in Milwaukee, though, we need a few players there still. :)
Id rather send cole smith to Milwaukee. Would be pretty fun to have a Russian line with trenin svechkov gurianov... but svech isnt ready yet... just means we need Kuzy now

Reactions: triggrman

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
Id rather send cole smith to Milwaukee. Would be pretty fun to have a Russian line with trenin svechkov gurianov... but svech isnt ready yet
Afanaseyev-Svechkov-Gurianov is a good enough Russian line for us. In Milwaukee.

Gurianov doesn't play hard enough to take Cole Smith's spot. He's one of those guys that has to play on a scoring line or he's worthless. But then he doesn't score even on a scoring line. So what was the point? Sherwood and Smith are better than him, alas.

If we have injuries, he's a guy we can call up like Zach Sanford was, and he can skate and shoot at an NHL level, so we don't have to rush anybody else up. That's about it.

herzausstein

Aug 31, 2014
West Virginia
Afanaseyev-Svechkov-Gurianov is a good enough Russian line for us. In Milwaukee.

Gurianov doesn't play hard enough to take Cole Smith's spot. He's one of those guys that has to play on a scoring line or he's worthless. But then he doesn't score even on a scoring line. So what was the point? Sherwood and Smith are better than him, alas.

If we have injuries, he's a guy we can call up like Zach Sanford was, and he can skate and shoot at an NHL level, so we don't have to rush anybody else up. That's about it.
Still works for me.

Top 6 Spaling

Jun 23, 2010
Smashville
Works for me. Worst case, Milwaukee depth. Best case, he shows a little something at camp and gets a shot. I think I'd prefer him than Smith/Jankowski, though only time will tell there. Either way, you need 15-16 forwards that can play in the NHL in case of injuries, and we were at least one short.

BigFatCat999

First Fubu and now Pred303. !@#$! you cancer
Apr 23, 2007
Campbell, NY
I got nothing. On a Patriots message board there is a term JAG

Just
Another
Guy

He's a JAG to me. (Watch he scores the cup winning goal which leaves us slackjawed.)

BigFatCat999

First Fubu and now Pred303. !@#$! you cancer
Apr 23, 2007
Campbell, NY
1689106840921.png

space is filling up...in Milwaukee.

weeze

May 2, 2011
Illinois
I know this will make a few people mad but I thought Trotz only wanted to bring in winners and leaders? Is this guy one or either? Or since he is a low cost player that doesn't matter?

NoNecksCurse

Oct 19, 2011
at the cost and length of the contract, this doesn’t really matter.

that said, this guy fits Trotz character signings zero. he has decent skills but I have never heard a positive thing about his work ethic or defensive game.

I do not keep up with contracts as much as some of you guys. Could make for an even more competitive camp?

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Meh. No problem taking a flyer on a reclamation project as long as he has to earn his spot and if not he goes to milwaukee

nine_inch_fang

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 8, 2004
Nashville
I know this will make a few people mad but I thought Trotz only wanted to bring in winners and leaders? Is this guy one or either? Or since he is a low cost player that doesn't matter?
I don't know why anyone would be mad. I also don't think a minimum wage guy that will wind up in Milwaukee if he doesn't work hard and contribute at the NHL levels is contradictory to what was said about replacing Duchene and Johansen with O'Reilly and Nyquist.

LCPreds

Dec 8, 2013
TN
Trotz did say something along the lines of you need to have skill or speed like Seattle. I guess this checks the speed box?

Seth Lake

Jun 28, 2005
Nashville, TN
I do not believe Gurianov is here to fight for a middle or bottom six spot, but is expected to compete with and push for a top-six position.

Olderfan

Jul 3, 2019
Do not understand this BUT Trotz and others(like coaches, scouts, etc.) see something about this guy. May be the speed, may be the size, may be that rookie season but Trotz isn’t going to stand for lack of effort; he’s said so and executed moves backing it up. Course Trotz can be wrong but he likes something. And with his speed, size and skill if someone can build a fire in him, well, could be a find. And if Trotz can’t build a fire in you, your woods wet. And he won’t try long.

maplepred

Go Preds Go!!
Aug 14, 2011
Id rather send cole smith to Milwaukee. Would be pretty fun to have a Russian line with trenin svechkov gurianov... but svech isnt ready yet... just means we need Kuzy now
If we get a Russian winger I would hope for Tarasenko over kuz, he would cost zero assets.

jumb0

Feb 3, 2017
It's 1 year at $850k. If he contributes anything, great. If he doesn't, who cares. This is a no risk signing.

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
I'm hoping he replaces Smith/McCarron in the line-up
If I was replacing those guys, I would have been signing some of the other kinds of leftovers, like the deal Sundqvist is getting in STL, or maybe Josh Bailey, Tomas Nosek, Derek Grant, Tyler Motte types. If they are just getting the league minimum, then bumping our Smith/McCarron/Jankowski types down to Milwaukee makes more sense that way. I don't see Gurianov bumping them.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad