Master of Death
Mar 28, 2015
-Carrier was never in the blue paint
-Andersen flirted with the line and ultimately was outside of it a bit
-Andersen also eventually has a portion of himself outside the paint

Good goal all day everyday.

StoneHands

Feb 26, 2013
Last nights was a good goal. Goalie came out of the crease to initiate contact and paid the price. Goalies are now trying to sell goaltender interference by initiating contact and I'm glad the refs saw it that way. The call from 5 years ago was bad, really bad. That should have been a goal too so maybe just be happy that they screwed up in your favor instead of pretending like they should refer to their own mistakes from 5 years ago and use that as the standard.

Reactions: Pia8988

KDOTO

Feb 17, 2018
TDOTO
I’ve said what I’ve wanted to say and I don’t have the time to get into a back and forth but I don’t think what we see is all that different rather out believe in what a goalie should be able to do.

Also the idea that you would call a penalty on Anderson if the play turned out differently is uh.... interesting.
I would call it interference/tripping on him as I believe it was his intention to do that on Carrier. I'm one of those that believes goalies are a little babied in this league.

Also there is no back and forth, your wrong on this one and your belief and what you see is your own and not what the nhl and 99 % of people see.
You believe a goalie even outside the paint should have freedom to move around to make saves and for skaters to get out of the way or it's a penalty. So yeah there is no further explanation that will open your eyes. I see it how it is, you see it... Well I don't know what you see and we will leave it at that

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
At first, i was like that goal was totally going to be called back. But then i saw the replay and saw that Anderson initiated contact and though maybe the goal will stand. It was a grey area call.

Honestly though, i think it was the right call.

The problem is that these goalie interference calls are so inconsistent.

KDOTO

Feb 17, 2018
TDOTO
In my world a goaltender is allowed to make an attempt to stop a puck regardless of whether a player is inside or outside his crease.
So in your world you think the onus is on the player to step a side, leave his position and let the goalie go pass him to make a save, that's what your saying,
... Man that is one weird world your living in.

Samcanadian

Dec 13, 2011
Goalie jumps into the guy outside of the crease, and once he loses his balance he almost hooks the player's leg with his own. Easiest call I've ever made in my entire life.

Rick C137

Jun 5, 2018
I thought this was a pretty clear good goal as soon as I saw Anderson’s leg kick out. Carrier is every bit as entitled to that ice as Anderson and Anderson was the one who initiated contact.

Correct call.

Craig Button

The C is for Coward - Brad Marchand 2024
Jul 28, 2015
Leaf Nation Torontonistan
Good Goal
No doubt No doubt
PassionateRipeFlea-small.gif

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
Goalie jumps into the guy outside of the crease, and once he loses his balance he almost hooks the player's leg with his own. Easiest call I've ever made in my entire life.
Anderson and Boucher were whining about Gourde's game winner that was even more egregious.

Anderson needs to realize that he can't knock people over and get GI calls.

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
Another? I dont see it here nor have I seen a controversial goalie interference call all season... though not keeping up with every day

PunkRockLocke

Jun 15, 2017
Pender Harbour
That should absolutely be a good goal.

Anderson initiated the contact (which the player could not see coming as his back was turned), and it was outside the crease.

An unfortunate play for Anderson, but the team scoring here should not be punished for anything.

Taluss

Jul 28, 2018
NYC
Honestly regardless if it should’ve or shouldn’t be interference the whole leauge gets fd over with this so it’s not the shittiest situation. He was out of the crease which doesn’t help

Samcanadian

Dec 13, 2011
Anderson and Boucher were whining about Gourde's game winner that was even more egregious.

Anderson needs to realize that he can't knock people over and get GI calls.

lol Anderson. He actually did very literally jump in the guy's way there

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad