Yet another controversial goalie interference call

dkd

May 4, 2012
Canada
100% GK interference.

Edit: upon second look he was clearly outside the crease, no GK interference!

pown

We are team
Oct 12, 2013
Ottawa
Already a thread...anyway VGK forward was not in the blue paint and didn't initiate the contact so I have no issue with that being a goal

They both got created at the same time. Would delete but this site sure is great as letting the thread creators delete their own threads...

Reactions: Filthy Dangles

ProfessorChaoss

Apr 27, 2017
I went to the game tonight and although that goaltender interference call may be a tough pill to swallow with how inconsistent officiating is.

It is how I would like to see the game called. He is out of the crease. Not in the blue paint... The lines should be there for a reason.

All the comparison really proves is how bad that Silverberg call was.

Reactions: cowboy82nd

Danrs112

Oct 19, 2017
watch Anderson's right leg on the overhead view. that's my guess why it stood.

DropIt

Oct 21, 2009
Red Deer, AB
Easy call. Good goal.

Andersen comes outside the cease and kicks his leg in the way trying to make a save.

Goalies' no touch zone needs to end somewhere.

Last edited:

ProfessorChaoss

Apr 27, 2017
Am I the only one who thinks a goalie is still in his crease when his skates are inside the blue paint? That’s no goal all day for me. You’ve got to let the goalie make the save

A good point...

But if you look at the replay contact is initiated when Anderson kicks his foot out of the crease to try to get across

The Nuge

Some say…
Jan 26, 2011
British Columbia
A good point...

But if you look at the replay contact is initiated when Anderson kicks his foot out of the crease to try to get across

It’s hard to make out from the kind of crappy replay angles, but to me it looks like his leg kicks out from being twisted after contact. Not from trying to push across, or make a save. His leg just doesn’t move in such a way that would make sense for either of those things

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010

The official explanation.

Except Carrier wasn’t attempting to play a loose puck and Anderson is trying to regain position. The dumbest part is that the shot was headed straight out the other side of the crease but hits Anderson in the helmet and goes in.

Everyone caught up with inside or outside of the crease but that doesn’t isn’t the determining factor.

Reactions: The Nuge

Pia8988

May 26, 2014
Am I the only one who thinks a goalie is still in his crease when his skates are inside the blue paint? That’s no goal all day for me. Anderson didn’t “initiate contact”. He tried to stop the puck. You’ve got to let the goalie make the save, and Carrier didn’t

Yes. The goalie doesn't get that much free reign and he absolutely initiated contact. He moved into Carrier, then stuck his leg out and tripped him.

Reactions: Chrisinroch

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad