Post-Game Talk: yet another 1 goal lost (as in once we find that 1 goal we will start winning)

Jul 19, 2012
Eakins record... 19 pts in 31 games... 50 point full season pace.

MacT record... 2 pts in 5 games :) ... 33 point full season pace.

Nelson record... 23 pts in 25 games... 75 point full season pace.

With Eakins (and MacTwit) it wasn't the losses, it was the way they lost. Gutless, confused, sardonic, lackadaisical, confused and laughable. And that was just the pre-game skate.

With Nelson other than 2-3 exceptions, they have been in the games despite playing with a depleted and outmatched lineup. Goaltending has cost us several wins as well under Nelson.

czar99

Nov 19, 2008
Shultz'z Place
personally I do think Hall and Yak are best buddies

Ding! Ding! Ding!

You win the mystery contest!

Look how well Yak has been playing since Hall has been out! Ive played sports with guys with ****** attitudes and it brings people down. Yes im saying Hall has a ****** attitude.

nexttothemoon

and again...
Jan 30, 2010
Northern AB
I expected more from Pakarinen to be honest.

I know he's getting a decent number of shots and hits... which is about all you can reasonably expect from a player on their 1st stint in the NHL in the bottom 6... but I honestly thought he might contribute a little more offensively and in terms of being a net presence and someone who was a little more gritty than average on this team of softies.

I guess my expectations are a little too high but I was really hoping he wasn't going to be just another failed Joensuu/Hartikainen experiment.

Still time of course for him to show more but for once can't we have someone new who comes in from OKC and exceeds expectations?

Klimando Kostani

Sep 17, 2013
Victoria
I expected more from Pakarinen to be honest.

I know he's getting a decent number of shots and hits... which is about all you can reasonably expect from a player on their 1st stint in the NHL in the bottom 6... but I honestly thought he might contribute a little more offensively and in terms of being a net presence and someone who was a little more gritty than average on this team of softies.

I guess my expectations are a little too high but I was really hoping he wasn't going to be just another failed Joensuu/Hartikainen experiment.

Still time of course for him to show more but for once can't we have someone new who comes in from OKC and exceeds expectations?

Yeah me too.

I wouldn't call him failed but I hope he is ready and willing to spend more time in OKC learning the NA game and earning another call up and hoping that next year he gets a call up in the top six on an otherwise healthy lineup.

Oilers10

I hate Dallas Eakins
Dec 4, 2004
I've said it before :
Pouliot RNH Eberle
Hall Roy Yakupov.

Two lines that have players capable of driving the play. Pouliot also plays well with RNH and Eberle. Yak played exceptional in his rookie year, when Hall was on his line. Add Roy who's been the "Yak whisperer."

I recall one of Yaks hottest stretches was in Kruger year when Hall and Yak were together they displayed some really good chemistry and I think their games will compliment each other's like RNH and Ebs does. Hall Roy Yak would be amazingly fun to watch given that they played together longer than 2 periods before Hall RNH Ebs like stupid Eakins would always do.

Tarus

Jun 22, 2006
Edmonton
Ding! Ding! Ding!

Look how well Yak has been playing since Hall has been out! Ive played sports with guys with ****** attitudes and it brings people down. Yes im saying Hall has a ****** attitude.

Bulls***

As other people pointed out, Hall/Yakupov played fine together under Kreuger, and we didn't see Yakupov up and play well with Hall out in November either.

Silly narrative to paint Hall as a team cancer is silly, especially when everyone should realize at this point that Eakins was the problem.

rboomercat90

Mar 24, 2013
Edmonton
I doubt there were any father of the year winners in the stadium that night.

Good fathers don't let their kids lose their innocence by watching Oilers hockey. It's better that their hopes and dreams are crushed by things like high school, when their options in life start narrowing down.
Awesome.:handclap:

tabs

Oct 30, 2009
Ding! Ding! Ding!

What a joke. There is absolutely nothing to show that Hall and Yak have any issues whatsoever. Even last year when everyone tried to make up some BS story that Hall was yelling at Yak for taking a shot was completely ridiculous.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VeNWzoVjJZo

How about this play? Oilers leading big time, Hall on a breakaway, and yet he waits to let a struggling Yak catch up to try and get him a goal and get him going. And then the high five afterwards once all the Jets come to stir stuff up.

Eakins was the issue with Yak, not Hall. But yeah totally, ding ding ding...

dssource

5-14-6-1=97
Jun 29, 2012
Pretty boring game to watch, no where near as boring as the Minny game though. Glad that other than the first bit the Oilers were in it the whole game but as far as growth goes, this team needs to start winning these close games. Or at least not beating themselves. Schultz/Scrivens scored the winner for the ducks, not Getzlaf (although a smart player always puts the puck on the net and searches for a rebound). Yak had another strong game.

I love what Nelson has done with the team. Don't get me wrong, I actually am enjoying watching games again now (for the most part). BUT a .500 record isn't our goal. We need to be better. Injuries is just an excuse. All teams go through injury issues. The depth needs to be there to pick up the pieces when players go down. Those who think that next year (if we're in playoff contention at this point of the season) that we won't have injury issues then, are kidding themselves. A .500 season means we're not challenging for a playoff spot next year. At this point we need to be at least 7 games above .500 AND most importantly we need to be beating teams in the West. I think we're blinded by the fact that the players are playing better and the games are more entertaining. Going from a .200 record to a .500 record is much better, but still far from the goal.

I know there's people that want the Oilers to lose b/c of the draft, but I really would like to see a .600+ record for Nelson's team by the end of the year.

CornKicker

Holland is wrong..except all of the good things
Feb 18, 2005
i was impressed with Osterle, great break out passes and i didnt see him caught out of position once. Good to see he was the opposite of hunt

Gord

Oct 9, 2005
Edmonton
they should have a reality show where Hall and Yak live together.
be the perfect odd couple. I don't think they could be any more opposite as people.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad