GDT: Yes (@Van, Now)

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
There's 10 good players this draft. Long as we get a top 10 pick we are ok.

DigiDuck

More covfefe please.
Jan 11, 2019
Burbank
We still don't have a franchise player that's why some of us are irritated. This is our best chance at one in 7 years and you don't want to get trapped in the mediocrity treadmill. I like alot of these kids but none scream franchise player yet

This entire stretch is a complete damnation of RC and Murrays Ill advised faith in a failing system
For years I've been expecting us to look similar to the Backes/Stastny-led Blues teams (pre-Tarasenko) once the Getz/Perry era was concluding - a solid team top to bottom, with a decent offense and good defensive system, but missing that dynamic, gamebreaking talent. Hopefully management sees this need, because like you, I'm not convinced these kids have a high enough ceiling to get us back into the contender tier.

Reactions: GeraldDucksworth

Dr Johnny Fever

Eggplant and Teal
Apr 11, 2012
Lower Left Coast
It's really enjoyable seeing so many young guys showing improvement and looking like they can be solid contributors next year. It's not enjoyable realizing how we pissed away the last three years because of RCII. Bob cannot continue making major boneheaded moves that will detract from the potential for a great future.

Reactions: Exit Dose

KyleJRM

Jun 6, 2007
North Dakota
Yeah, I think Sherwood probably settles in as a lifer on the AHL/NHL shuttle, picking up 10-20 games in a bunch of different years. He'd need to take another step forward to warrant a permanent job.

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
Too many wingers. I do think BM trys to move on from some older guys. IE Perry. Obviously unlikely but of our RWs I think he is the least desirable.

Bad as it may sound, Sherwood's ticket to remaining on the roster may be that they'd rather have him in the press box than a younger/higher ceiling prospect. I'm not trying to knock him, he's cheap and should be able to come in and bring some energy even he's only playing sporadically - sort of what you look for in a depth forward.

DavidBL

Jul 25, 2012
Orange, CA
Bad as it may sound, Sherwood's ticket to remaining on the roster may be that they'd rather have him in the press box than a younger/higher ceiling prospect. I'm not trying to knock him, he's cheap and should be able to come in and bring some energy even he's only playing sporadically - sort of what you look for in a depth forward.
This is true. Even if we moved out a winger he would still be conoeting with Sprong.

JohnnyDrama

Oct 4, 2017
Yeah, I think Sherwood probably settles in as a lifer on the AHL/NHL shuttle, picking up 10-20 games in a bunch of different years. He'd need to take another step forward to warrant a permanent job.
I think he’ll find a permanent job, he’s a pretty effective 4th liner and energy guy who can chip in sometimes. His production this year averaged over 82 games is about 20 points which is respectable for a 4th liner considering what else he brings. Whether or not it’s with the Ducks is another story. Could be another Wagner situation

Reactions: TheGoodShepard1

Dr Johnny Fever

Eggplant and Teal
Apr 11, 2012
Lower Left Coast
I think he’ll find a permanent job, he’s a pretty effective 4th liner and energy guy who can chip in sometimes. His production this year averaged over 82 games is about 20 points which is respectable for a 4th liner considering what else he brings. Whether or not it’s with the Ducks is another story. Could be another Wagner situation

I agree with this. He works hard and actually has some offensive skill for a 4th line guy. You always notice him (in a positive way) when he is out there. Hard to think he couldn't make a career among 31/32 teams.

Reactions: JohnnyDrama

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad