GDT: Yes (@Van, Now)

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
@Paul4587 is going to climax when he sees these highlights

I’m watching just haven’t been able to post property.

It’s good to see our best prospect with a hat trick haha. And nice to see our second best prospect with an assist also :laugh::laugh::laugh:.

In all seriousness though the future is bright. If our D stop being pumpkins we could easily be back in the playoffs next season.

Reactions: AngelDuck

70sSanO

Apr 21, 2015
Mission Viejo, CA
Crazy to think 2 yrs ago I felt we had 10 capable defensemen. Idk what we have now.

I wouldn’t say we had 10 capable defensemen. Other than losing Theodore’s upside, but was a defensive liability back then, we pretty much have the same core. Vatanen was not the same after his injury. Bieksa was a 3 year black hole. This is the same D that failed to get past the WCF 2 years ago.

I am hopeful that next year they will turn it around playing under a real coach.

John

kducks

Duck Off
Sep 19, 2007
OC
KTLA told us how the Ducks lost to the Canucks. Graphics people seem to know hockey.

20190326_233327_zps7lkg6uqh.jpg

Masch78

Oct 5, 2017
May never be a true 1C,

I will not rule that out completely. It takes some time but he looks great right now. Offseason will be an interesting one for him.

Remember his draft day "loaded with character ... not the biggest guy, not the strongest skater"

Sam Steel is a player I really like a lot. I really hope he will thrive next year. And honestly, I think Lundeström will do as well. He may also need some time to put it all together but this are strong prospects.

Steel, Terry, Jones and Comtois are the reasons I'm not mad about picking outside of the top 7. We will find great players - maybe not the most ready ones but just give them some time.

Last edited:
Oct 18, 2011
We still don't have a franchise player that's why some of us are irritated. This is our best chance at one in 7 years and you don't want to get trapped in the mediocrity treadmill. I like alot of these kids but none scream franchise player yet

This entire stretch is a complete damnation of RC and Murrays Ill advised faith in a failing system

Masch78

Oct 5, 2017
We still don't have a franchise player that's why some of us are irritated. This is our best chance at one in 7 years and you don't want to get trapped in the mediocrity treadmill. I like alot of these kids but none scream franchise player yet

This entire stretch is a complete damnation of RC and Murrays Ill advised faith in a failing system

The players outside of the top 2 in this draft are as much franchise players as our top prospects. In the end of the day it is all progression. Steels Regina coach called him a franchise player and it was not in the junior context and he can become this. As can Terry. Their talent is there, the road is just a little longer.

Just watch the draft profile vids with the comments of E.J. McGuire. In the end of the day those are prospects. Some may become franchise players most will not.

Exit Dose

Jul 2, 2011
Georgia

John Gibson is a franchise player.

Trojans86

Dec 30, 2015
The players outside of the top 2 in this draft are as much franchise players as our top prospects. In the end of the day it is all progression. Steels Regina coach called him a franchise player and it was not in the junior context and he can become this. As can Terry. Their talent is there, the road is just a little longer.

Just watch the draft profile vids with the comments of E.J. McGuire. In the end of the day those are prospects. Some may become franchise players most will not.
But that's not how it works with prospects. You roll the dice with them and some become franchise players and others dont. Just because you are drafting someone at 10 it doesnt mean he isnt going to be a franchise player, just less likely than someone at 4. There is a very good chance that one of the guys drafted between 3 and 7 will be a franchise player.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
The bench reaction on Steels penalty shot was sensational. This is officially a close team again.
Like I said since RC got canned, the team looks like they are having fun and enjoying hockey... and while we arnt a dominant team that weve been over the last decade... were still a solid team with a lot of young players ready to jump into the line up.

As much as the idea of a lottery pick sounded good with RC as the coach, im glad the team is winning and having fun doing it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad