GDT: Yeo momma's so Blue.. | St. Louis @ Sens Feb 7, 7:30pm EST | TSN5, RDS2, FS-MW

Status
Not open for further replies.

Langdon Alger

Apr 19, 2006
Do you want Karlsson to walk when his contract runs out?

Because that's how you get Karlsson to give up on the team and sign with a team willing to spend money.

Going out in the first round every year might have the same result.

This team is going nowhere. We are just spinning our wheels. Some years we mill make the playoffs, and some years we won't, but even when we do it will hard to get out of the first round.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
Going out in the first round every year might have the same result.

This team is going nowhere. We are just spinning our wheels. Some years we mill make the playoffs, and some years we won't, but even when we do it will hard to get out of the first round.

So what do you suggest we do?

We don't have the owner that would support going through another full rebuild where we trade everyone and bottom out for the next couple of years.

Last edited:

Langdon Alger

Apr 19, 2006
So what do you suggest we do?

We don't have the owner that would support going through another full rebuild where we trade everyone and bottom out for the next couple of years.

I don't know what we do to be honest. I know this is just going to come across as being overly negative and critical after a tough loss, but I'm not overly optimistic about the future of this team and I haven't been in a while. It seems like we've been average since going to the finals, and having Phaneuf and Ryan taking up so much cap space for the next 5-6 years is not going to help us.

It's really frustrating.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
I don't know what we do to be honest. I know this is just going to come across as being overly negative and critical after a tough loss, but I'm not overly optimistic about the future of this team and I haven't been in a while. It seems like we've been average since going to the finals, and having Phaneuf and Ryan taking up so much cap space for the next 5-6 years is not going to help us.

It's really frustrating.

I know how you feel.

Last edited:

Langdon Alger

Apr 19, 2006
Terrible but it seemed our shots didnt go in and theirs did. First bad game by Phaneuf in a long time.

We need to go on another 4-5 game winning streak here asap to get back in solid standing.

lol can someone tell me what he said

He wants Boucher to practice the team for 3 hours tomorrow. They don't get to go home until Boucher says they can go home.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
He wants Boucher to practice the team for 3 hours tomorrow. They don't get to go home until Boucher says they can go home.

Irish Tommy needs to read the CBA. Not allowed to torture the overpaid schmucks anymore. :laugh:

No reason for the team to be so lethargic lately. Not sure what is going on.

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Irish Tommy needs to read the CBA. Not allowed to torture the overpaid schmucks anymore. :laugh:

No reason for the team to be so lethargic lately. Not sure what is going on.

2 games. They were pretty good before that.

Actually, I thought they played well against Buffalo but it was a question of being opportunistic. Sens weren't and Sabres were, while Lehner was rock solid. Against the Blues, they started real bad, kind of surprised by the Blues intensity. Had a much better 2nd period but there the Blues were super opportunistic. And then the wheels fell off badly in the 3rd. They seem to lack focus big time, as evidenced by many goals against in the last 2 games. Jake Allen made a few real nice stops last night but they still would have lost if he was ordinary.

Hutz

Sep 7, 2007
1 win in their last 5 when we're in the midst of a playoff push with both Toronto and Boston on our butt is very concerning.

You're certainly not wrong about that. We were hot in January, now we're ice cold. Need to turn that around.

DrunkUncleDenis

Condra Fan
Mar 27, 2012
Burn the CBJ tape.

Burn this tape.

Burn all of the tapes..

Hoping Andy sparks us. The team has hit a mid-season rut and we need him to drag us out of it.

CTC

Oct 9, 2014
Sorry if this has been covered in the thread already but I just wanted to vent and share my thoughts on my experience at the game tonight.

I decided to spring for some 100 level tickets right behind the visitors goalie. Great deal on stubhub for 70 bucks CDN/ticket. I was surprised how many people showed up given the weather but it was a decent turnout.
First time sitting in that area and I loved it, a couple rows up from the glass, you could really see how much bigger St. Louis was compared to the Sens! There were several big hits that really reverberated the boards and it was great to see a sens fan give a kid st louis fan a puck that bounced off allen over the netting. A couple in close scrums and shots, where you can actually see the emotion and I really enjoyed the opening on-ice projection and intro. One thing i noticed and take for granted watching on TV or higher up is that you can really see how fast the game is at this level, it was a great experience all around especially with all the DIFD fundraising going on.
The arena looks great, I wish the concourse was wider but it is what it is. The new bar style zones are great and makes it feel like you can have a more social/suite experience without having to buy a suite. I love that they are trying to establish some history with the murals, artwork and memorabilia, but not being able to walk around the entire arena is bad form, I understand Club Bell but it sucks to have to walk the same way you just came from...I know, first world problems but overall I really like the arena, still can't wait for it it to be downtown as it will be 10 minutes from home as opposed to the time it takes to get to Kanata.

Now for a few complaints...I'm 30, I get the entertainment and it was good to see the kids having fun with all the scoreboard animations but the music is just way to loud, I actually had to yell and lean in to hear conversation between whistles! It's great to try and pump up the crowd up but honestly its too much, I'm bringing my four year old in March and wonder how he'll do.
Also...for the love of god...get something else besides the "make some noise"soundboard button.
As well, I shouldn't have to see resellers yell and fight each other over territory, if that is how its going to be I would want the Sens to enforce the parking tunnel and front plaza, it does not make a good impression walking up.
Also, this is maybe not really that important and seems petty but if I was paying season ticket prices for glass seats, you think that maybe they would buff the glass to try and work out the marks and scratches to give the most premium view, it was just a thought and not even sure that it is something done at other rinks around the NHL but it was a detail I noticed.

Overall the experience was great, had a lot of fun and have a new found appreciation for NHL players and the required lightning fast decision making.

The actual game on the other hand...what a brutal game to watch, no possession and could barely get anything going, I picked those seats because you actually get to see the goals on the visiting team up close...but boy did I choose the wrong game to go to haha. What a stinker of a game. I would leave Ryan unprotected, Ceci can be packaged out IMO, and Boro was the only player that showed any heart last night, listening to the Team on the way home they gave him the hardest working player and it was well deserved, he took some shots and dished it out, was actually fun to watch. Wingels was chippy and was doing his best at walking the line to draw some of their players in, but wow...what a bad game overall. It's like Jekyll & Hyde, I think people just want consistency of being able to be a threat, it was like st. louis had nothing to worry about.

The player I seemed to notice the most from St. Louis was Pat Beglund, a real big body that was able to shut us down offensively and was able to contribute to the back of the net. He has a partial M-NTC where he can list 23 teams not to be moved to but I wonder if he could be someone we can target for our third line as a rental if we are still in the mix come the trade deadline.

Way too long I know...but if you read it all, thanks! thoughts?

Upgrayedd

Earn'em and Burn'em
Oct 14, 2010
Ottawa
Back to back alarming efforts, I will be really concerned if they lay another egg Thursday....can't really remember a worse game or really sporting event to attend in the last several years. Combine the weather with literally no effort outside of Boro and Hammond early on from the home team and the poorest atmosphere I have really ever seen.

Odd that in a situation like last night where there were maybe 8-10k people in attendance that they wouldn't encourage people to move down, we had a few folks in our section who did this and they were immediately removed, I protested to the usher that on a night like last night they should be encouraging it.

OD99

Oct 13, 2012
I would suggest you bring ear plugs or noise cancelling head phones for your kids if you go...

Agree the PA and music is far too loud.

Luckily I didn't get to watch this game...6-0 is ugly and they do need to get out of the funk and start putting some pucks in the back of the net.

DrEasy

Out rumptackling
Oct 3, 2010
Stützville
Terrible but it seemed our shots didnt go in and theirs did. First bad game by Phaneuf in a long time.
Yeah, Phaneuf was brutal, responsible for 2 or 3 goals. Turris looked really weak against these big St Louis guys. Some lack of intensity or focus defensively on the goals, not just from our D (Phaneuf, Karlsson, Ceci, Boro) but from our forwards (Smith, Wingels).

Interestingly I thought Brassard had a rare good game. Hope it's the first of many to come.

They need to hit the net though. They're going for a homerun with every attempt, and they end up shooting wide or getting blocked because they took too long to calculate the differential equation of the trajectory of their shots.

I think Dallas is a better match-up for us.

Hutz

Sep 7, 2007
Are you saying that team has no offense?

Personally I find the the way they play pretty offensive.

Yeah, of schwartz that's what you'd say. I steen your type before. Only look at the stastnys and you go straight to your gunnarssons. This team is trending upshall. Lehtera them be. You should bouwmeester, be thankful. That's allen.

Sorry

Tundraman

ModerationIsKey
Feb 13, 2010
North
Yeah, of schwartz that's what you'd say. I steen your type before. Only look at the stastnys and you go straight to your gunnarssons. This team is trending upshall. Lehtera them be. You should bouwmeester, be thankful. That's allen.

Sorry

Good Job! Love it! :yo::yo:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad