GDT: Yeo momma's so Blue.. | St. Louis @ Sens Feb 7, 7:30pm EST | TSN5, RDS2, FS-MW

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hutz

Sep 7, 2007
I post when we win too... in all honesty I'm not even down on the team right now... I'm pretty impressed with the record given no Anderson and how putrid the bottom six is for most of the year

Boucher has won me over as a great coach and the Sens will rebound from this

If Boucher can get some more talent, I think he could do some fun things here

We were going to hit a skid sooner or later, every team does. The team should absolutely be berated for their performance but in the grand scheme of things 2 bad losses are not the end of the world. They need to smarten the eff up and come with a huge effort in the next one, though.

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
We were going to hit a skid sooner or later, every team does. The team should absolutely be berated for their performance but in the grand scheme of things 2 bad losses are not the end of the world. They need to smarten the eff up and come with a huge effort in the next one, though.

1 win in their last 5 when we're in the midst of a playoff push with both Toronto and Boston on our butt is very concerning.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
Looking forward to watching the post game comments from Boucher. He's been positive for a while but these last two games ought to have him livid.

GWNR

Dec 10, 2013
Ottawa, Ontario
TSN1200 had a good convo at the all star break about leadership coming out of the break after that streak. Said it would be a lot more on the players to police the room.

I can see that, Boucher can only yell and "fire them up" so much. Definitely something to conisder

Jan 19, 2006
Calgary
It's because a lot of the current regular posters are negative nancies who don't know anything and who have mostly scared away a lot of the quality posters.

People are busy. And it's not like Eugene has given people much of a reason to actually make the Sens a priority in their lives.

There is a lot of the times when I get home around the 2nd intermission of Sens games nowadays.

So especially if they are losing, what's the point of watching?

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Another brutal effort tonight, lousy weather to be driving home in too. No energy from anyone except maybe Boro who threw a few big hits & Neil threw a big hit. I can't think of any more highlights for Ottawa than that although I think they had maybe two or three scoring chances otherwise they were a perimeter team all night & lots of errors & bad passes.

I wonder if GB has played some basketball in his life. He had them playing a 2-1-2 defence in the first period than I noticed a 1-3-1 defence in the 3rd, he should really try a full court press next time. :laugh:

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
This is why i thought it was way too early to talk about the playoffs and who we want to face.

With the Leafs and a healthy Florida team on our backs, i just do not know how much confidence i have in the Sens ability to hang onto a playoff spot.

They had a bad game against the Sabres, they then come out with an even worse game against the Blues. With the Stars up next, who knows how bad it could get with their offensive power.

It will tell a lot if the Sens put up the same type of performance on Thursday.

Last edited:

God Says No

Mar 16, 2012
Another brutal effort tonight, lousy weather to be driving home in too. No energy from anyone except maybe Boro who threw a few big hits & Neil threw a big hit. I can't think of any more highlights for Ottawa than that although I think they had maybe two or three scoring chances otherwise they were a perimeter team all night & lots of errors & bad passes.

I wonder if GB has played some basketball in his life. He had them playing a 2-1-2 defence in the first period than I noticed a 1-3-1 defence in the 3rd, he should really try a full court press next time. :laugh:

Funny, I think both guys should come out for the DAL game to get an offensive spark and have 4 lines and 3 pairs that can actually do something. You knew when the 4th line is on, nothing is going to happen.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
This is why i thought it was way too early to talk about the playoffs and who we want to face.

With the Leafs and a healthy Florida team on our backs, i just do not know how much confidence i have in the Sens ability to hang onto a playoff spot.

They had a bad game against the Sabres, they then come out with an even worse game against the Blues. With the Stars up next, who knows how bad it could get with their offensive power.

Watching them live tonight, as a whole the team looked completely disinterested, might be one of the worse games I have ever seen them play live, a complete stinker. Lots of negative comments tonight from fans in the stands, some booing & cheering when Hammond would make a simple save. I actually thought Hammond was doing alright keeping the score to two goals but was getting next to no help defensively. There were so many errors, mistakes & bad passes, Ottawa kept giving St Louis more & more scoring opportunities. After the 3rd goal it seemed like Hammond had mailed it in too like the rest of the team tonight. :shakehead

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
Watching them live tonight, as a whole the team looked completely disinterested, might be one of the worse games I have ever seen them play live, a complete stinker. Lots of negative comments tonight from fans in the stands, some booing & cheering when Hammond would make a simple save. I actually thought Hammond was doing alright keeping the score to two goals but was getting next to no help defensively. There were so many errors, mistakes & bad passes, Ottawa kept giving St Louis more & more scoring opportunities. After the 3rd goal it seemed like Hammond had mailed it in too like the rest of the team tonight. :shakehead

Anyone blaming Hammond doesn't know what they are talking about.

The team once again came out flat in the 1st. Unlike other games, they stayed flat the entire game and it burned them.

The Stars game is an important. If they come out again looking like ****, then i really don't know what to say.

Last edited:

OmniSens

@OmniSenators
Sep 22, 2008
Ottawa
Attendance was marked at 16,787. Yeah, okay. :biglaugh:

I was one of the fools who made the trip to tonight's game. Horrible idea. And that was before the game's outcome. The game results was just the cherry on top.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
Even though i don't like Hammond, it quite pisses me off what the players did to him this game.

Hammond saved the Sens bacon in the first period. The Sens never got better and thus they lost 6-0.

All the players besides Hammond deserves to not only be yelled at, but bag skated too.

They keep playing like this and they will be most likely not make it to the playoffs. They will just have to sit on their couch and watch the Leafs play in the playoffs.

Langdon Alger

Apr 19, 2006
Even though i don't like Hammond, it quite pisses me off what the players did to him this game.

Hammond saved the Sens bacon in the first period. The Sens never got better and thus they lost 6-0.

All the players besides Hammond deserves to not only be yelled at, but bag skated too.

They keep playing like this and they will be most likely not make it to the playoffs. They will just have to sit on their couch and watch the Leafs play in the playoffs.

Missing the playoffs might not be the worst thing at this point.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
Missing the playoffs might not be the worst thing at this point.

Rather make them.

Missing them won't change jack **** with this team. Won't have a good draft pick. Melnyk won't spend more. Karlsson will be a little bit more closer from being able to walk.

Attendance next season might drop even more.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Funny, I think both guys should come out for the DAL game to get an offensive spark and have 4 lines and 3 pairs that can actually do something. You knew when the 4th line is on, nothing is going to happen.

Well they didn't get a spark out of anyone on the top 4 lines tonight or 3 defensive pairings tonight, at some point shouldn't the better players on this team take some responsibility to lead this team? I know most blame Neil & Boro for all the troubles when this team doesn't win & maybe it is their fault for not scoring tonight & winning this game for Ottawa. If all they can do is hit & not produce offensively, it's not good enough.

I wish they would play more like that offensive juggernaut Ryan, or make some of those great defensive plays like Hoffman made tonight which gave St Louis a goal or two. At some point don't we have to point the finger at the players at the higher end of the pay scale & ask if they are doing enough? I don't see how replacing Boro & Neil with Lazar & Claesson is going to spark this team at all? I don't see how Lazar & Claesson would give Ottawa four lines & 3 pairs who can do something when Lazar has 1 pt so far. Maybe you're right, let's see what the coach does on Thursday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad