TV: Yellowstone (starring Kevin Costner - Paramount Network)

Yarborough

This is not a robbery, I swear!
Mar 14, 2015
YYC
From the writer of sicario and hell or high water. Seems like something I’d like to watch, hopefully it’ll be good.

DucksFanDFW

Sep 18, 2009
Ranger, TX
Season premier was pretty damn good! The filming is great. A lot of character building in the first 2 hours, but we really enjoyed it.

Reactions: Danko

Preds Partisan

Gunga galunga
Aug 17, 2009
That was a packed two hours for sure. Almost felt like too much was introduced. Having said that, it seems different enough to keep me watching. Definitely want to see where this plot ends up.

Reactions: Danko

DucksFanDFW

Sep 18, 2009
Ranger, TX
I had absolute crap internet Wednesday so I will watch episode 2 this weekend. Saw a brief glimpse of what looked like a major accident with a severely burned person, but have no clue what it was. Guess I'll find out this weekend.

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
For some reason I thought this was a movie until just now, but finding out it's actually a show has me a lot more excited for it. Guess I just assumed with Costner that it was a movie.

Neutrinos

Sep 23, 2016
There were way too many coincidences that it ended up taking away from any realism the show may have been striving for

Kayce just happens to drive by a meth trailer when it explodes
Kayce just happens to come across the white van with the kidnapped girl
Kayce just happens to be approached by a knife-wielding drifter hours after his wife left him
Kayce's wife just happens to get punched resulting in life-altering complications

It was pretty silly at times

Last edited:

Preds Partisan

Gunga galunga
Aug 17, 2009
Yeah, it felt like it was trying to jam too many storylines in and this necessitated too many coincidences. Some things got dropped in out of nowhere (the journalists on vacation), some things just disappeared (Jill Hennessey in episode 1 then never showed back up), etc.

Viggo Mortensen

Gandalf the Grey
Dec 14, 2008
Gondor
Love the series, the first few eps of S1 were not that good but they found their way towards the end, and now S2 has been solid. Can't believe there's only 1 page of discussion in here

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
Love the series, the first few eps of S1 were not that good but they found their way towards the end, and now S2 has been solid. Can't believe there's only 1 page of discussion in here

I imagine that few people have any idea where to watch it. This thread is not really helpful in that regard. You have to watch to the end of the trailers to discover that it's on the "Paramount Network," whatever that is. I assumed that it was a pay streaming service like CBS All Access. I had to do some googling just now to discover that it's really only the re-branded name of Spike TV since last year. If so, then most people with cable or satellite probably already get the channel and didn't even realize it.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad