TV: Yellowjackets

Rodgerwilco

Entertainment boards w/ some Hockey mixed in.
Feb 6, 2014
Loving season 2 a lot so far. Elijah Wood is incredible in the show, kind of reminds me of his character from the film Maniac.

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
This show already having a third season renewal is....troubling. Suspect lots of puck ragging and BS to come to extend a show whose arc looks like it should be 1-2 seasons.

Not sure how you can make that claim since you are not in the writer's room.

Peasy

May 25, 2012
Star Shoppin
I'm still watching. So far I enjoyed season 1 a lot more than season 2. Feels like in season 2 they're just opening up a bunch more questions and unknowns without ever telling us anything. Kinda getting tiresome to me. You need to give some answers along the way during a mystery box show to keep people engaged.

Viggo Mortensen

Gandalf the Grey
Dec 14, 2008
Gondor
Yeah this season we have a lot of useless. Kids timeline trying to survive the winter with the plot not moving other than some weird shit happening. Adults timeline also useless with Nathalie at Lotti's sect, Shauna trying not to get caught by the cops, and Misty on a roadtrip with Frodo.

SPV

Zoinks!
Sponsor
Feb 4, 2003
New Hampshire
hfboards.com
I missed my weekly dose of crazy this weekend without a new yellow jackets episode. I’m so curious to see where it’s going, feels like when I was watching Lost back in the day. Hopefully I won’t leave as disappointed as that time. LOL.

Frankie Blueberries

Allergic to draft picks
Jan 27, 2016
Our top story this week in Nobody Cares But Me...

I saw Melanie Lynskey last year driving a white SUV about a block from Bridge Studios in Vancouver where the series is filmed

She made a left turn in front of me as I was waiting to cross the street
I walked by the Brighton bar on Hastings with my dog as they were filming the scenes with Callie in the bar

Reactions: SPV and Rodgerwilco

DaaaaB's

Apr 24, 2004
Just finished season 1 last night and while it's far from being high quality television it is very entertaining. I definitely prefer the flashback storyline better than the present day one but both kept me intrigued. Juliette Lewis can be a bit grating at times but at least she seems somewhat like an older version of Natalie compared to present day Shona who seems nothing like teenage Shona. Christina Ricci absolutely kills it as present day Misty though. Was kind of surprised that the ending indicated Lottie is alive as I thought that was her who was killed in the opening scene of the series.

SPV

Zoinks!
Sponsor
Feb 4, 2003
New Hampshire
hfboards.com
The show is so crazy I honestly never know how to talk to people about it. I’m both obsessed and horrified when watching it every week. LOL.

My one hope is that we find out some answers sooner rather than later. I don’t know if I can wait four or five seasons. I think it would work better with A shorter run.

Reactions: Rodgerwilco

Peasy

May 25, 2012
Star Shoppin
The show is so crazy I honestly never know how to talk to people about it. I’m both obsessed and horrified when watching it every week. LOL.

My one hope is that we find out some answers sooner rather than later. I don’t know if I can wait four or five seasons. I think it would work better with A shorter run.
This is my biggest gripe with the show. Over half way through season 2 and we've literally gotten zero answers to anything. Just have gotten more questions. You need to give the viewers something to keep them engaged. Like we're still dealing with this Adam storyline, what a bore.

Comparing this to a new mystery type show in Mrs. Davis, they spent the first half of season 1 introducing a buncha questions, but then essentially had an entire episode midway through the season explaining a lot of the questions they first proposed, but also introduced you to a new set of questions to keep you engaged and wondering.

Its a night and day comparison in execution.

Reactions: Felidae and SPV

SPV

Zoinks!
Sponsor
Feb 4, 2003
New Hampshire
hfboards.com
This is my biggest gripe with the show. Over half way through season 2 and we've literally gotten zero answers to anything. Just have gotten more questions. You need to give the viewers something to keep them engaged. Like we're still dealing with this Adam storyline, what a bore.

Comparing this to a new mystery type show in Mrs. Davis, they spent the first half of season 1 introducing a buncha questions, but then essentially had an entire episode midway through the season explaining a lot of the questions they first proposed, but also introduced you to a new set of questions to keep you engaged and wondering.

It’s very much like Lost in asking more questions on top of questions. I’m really hoping it’s not like Lost in never answering them too.

Rodgerwilco

Feb 6, 2014

Yeah I'm really bored on this storyline, hopefully there's some kind of twist that'll make it worth being dragged out. I've always had a sinking suspicion that Adam was a bit more involved than just being some random guy that Shauna was messing around with. I guess we'll have to wait and see. As much as I love this show, I agree with you and others that saying 'let's wait and see' is getting a bit old.

Reactions: JetsFan815

SPV

Zoinks!
Sponsor
Feb 4, 2003
New Hampshire
hfboards.com
Yeah I'm really bored on this storyline, hopefully there's some kind of twist that'll make it worth being dragged out. I've always had a sinking suspicion that Adam was a bit more involved than just being some random guy that Shauna was messing around with. I guess we'll have to wait and see. As much as I love this show, I agree with you and others that saying 'let's wait and see' is getting a bit old.
It’s gotta be something more, otherwise they’re really going too far with it, especially involving the whole family.

I don’t know about the rest of you, but Ive listened to several podcasts on the show, and the first one was the Prestige show, and they were discussing how shows like this don’t recognize their shelf life. That they’re ultimately best when kept to a few good seasons.

Reactions: Rodgerwilco

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
I have to agree with the criticisms here. I am disappointed by this season. None of the stuff happening in the "present" is working for me-- the Adam murder coverup storyline is the worst offender but the stuff with Misty, Lottie, Taisa isn't much better either.

Honestly, I don't even care about answers, just don't be boring. I am still loving everything in the wilderness, eventhough there are no answers, that's a good story that keeps me invested (this last episode was an exception but other than that all the wilderness stuff has been great). But the present stuff is just boring... if this show didn't have the flashbacks, I wouldn't even be watching it anymore. I was so excited for this season and there has been some great stuff in woods but everything in the present is simply ruining the show for me. This last episode I fastforwarded through most of the Shauna/Adam/Daughter/Cops scenes.

SPV

Zoinks!
Sponsor
Feb 4, 2003
New Hampshire
hfboards.com
Felt like we’re getting somewhere in present day this episode.

I figured that Lottie’s therapist wasn’t real, but the antler queen or whatever showing up was a surprise. I’m guessing the hunt and blood comments will somehow tie to the Adam plot. I wondered if Shauna’s postpartum hallucinations were somewhat real in that the girls ate the placenta, I know in some parts of the world they really do that anyway, but probably couldn’t tell Shauna that. Im guessing Coach is near death and just wanted to end it quicker. He’s probably the next meal anyway.

Last edited:

zombie kopitar

custom title
Jul 3, 2009
Best Coast
I figured that Lottie’s therapist wasn’t real, but the antler queen or whatever showing up was a surprise. I’m guessing the hunt and blood comments will somehow tie to the Adam plot. I wondered if Shauna’s postpartum hallucinations were somewhat real in that the girls ate the placenta, I know in some parts of the world they really do that anyway, but probably couldn’t tell Shauna that. Im guessing Coach is near death and just wanted to end it quicker. He’s probably the next meal anyway.
Oh shit I browse the Yellowjackets subreddit and that's a really good one I haven't heard yet, you're probably right

Really good ep, I really didn't care less about the adult storyline in the s1 (or more so was just way too interested in the wilderness storyline), they've done a much better job with it this season

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012

Not eating the placenta would be an absolute waste. I can understand not eating the baby but there is absolutely no justification for not eating the placenta, people eat that in the real world let alone if you are starving. It probably doesn't have that many calories but everything counts, they should have offered it to Shauna and if not consumed it themselves.

Reactions: SPV

Rodgerwilco

Feb 6, 2014

I was perplexed about the therapist, so that part cleared it up. Now I'm wondering if it was The Wilderness that is actually controlling all of their hallucinations, like Coach Ben's hallucinations about his boyfriend and all that. I thought that maybe it was The Wilderness that was pushing him to suicide. Also Misty's float tank musical number (which was absolutely incredible, by the way).

I am a bit conflicted about the baby. I understand why the producers wouldn't want to show a stillborn fetus, but I'm still curious if maybe they actually ate the baby and lied to Shauna about it.

Overall, really loving this season and it's heating up rapidly. I'm glad the adult timeline is kicking up in action.

I got hooked on this show from the very first episode as my best friend recommended it to me. The first season was outstanding.
Glad you're enjoying it. It seems like it's not quite as well known as it deserves.

Reactions: TNT87

BostonBob

4 Ever The Greatest
Jan 26, 2004
Vancouver, BC
All the girls we see in the flashback scenes but not in the present remind me of the crewmembers on the old Star Trek that wore red whenever a new planet was being investigated. If Kirk and Spock were wearing uniforms of another color it was pretty safe to say that anybody wearing red was not coming back to the Enterprise.

751-dark-shadows-star-trek-redishirts.jpg
751-star-trek-redshirt.jpg

So I think it's safe to say that anybody that hasn't been seen in any present day scenes will end up on the lunch menu at some point.

3e3a325a30939f7cab97b44aabe9bb989d-other-yellowjackets.rhorizontal.w700.jpg

DaaaaB's

Apr 24, 2004
All the girls we see in the flashback scenes but not in the present remind me of the crewmembers on the old Star Trek that wore red whenever a new planet was being investigated. If Kirk and Spock were wearing uniforms of another color it was pretty safe to say that anybody wearing red was not coming back to the Enterprise.

751-dark-shadows-star-trek-redishirts.jpg
751-star-trek-redshirt.jpg

So I think it's safe to say that anybody that hasn't been seen in any present day scenes will end up on the lunch menu at some point.

3e3a325a30939f7cab97b44aabe9bb989d-other-yellowjackets.rhorizontal.w700.jpg
Yeah, exactly and out of all the characters we haven't seen in the present the only one they've developed is the coach. After what he did at the end of this season it's kind of tough to view him as a real sympathetic character though. This hurts the past storyline quite a bit and the present storyline is a drag imo so I'm probably not coming back for season 3. I realize this isn't a show that's meant to be completely serious but some of the stuff in it is just incredibly dumb. A girl freezing to death while she sleeps probably tops the list.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad