TV: Yellowjackets

Peasy

May 25, 2012
Star Shoppin
Episode 9 just aired for this new series, the finale is coming out next week.

Honestly surprised there was no thread on this. Is anyone else checking out this show?

I have really enjoyed watching it so far. I think it will become a cultural hit soon enough and the first season has been exceptional. Has some gory moments, but there is a lot of mystery and interesting dynamics/situations that these characters are put in.

Reactions: Magic Man

Rodgerwilco

Entertainment boards w/ some Hockey mixed in.
Feb 6, 2014
My fiancee has watched every episode multiple times so far and is loving it. Sounds pretty awesome and I'm going to check it out after the finale so I can watch it straight through.

Burnoutboi

Jul 3, 2006
Grande Prairie, Alberta
I've been enjoying this the past few weeks. I don't care for the present day storyline as much as the past one, but that could mostly be that I can't stand Juliette Lewis.

I did find episode nine to be a bit of stretch, as well. The way a lot of the subplots have been advanced / tied up were making the Magic Mushroom prom seem like the best part of the episode, except for the Wolverine-esque healing factor shown by Van.

deadinthewater

Jan 14, 2012
Sophie Nelisse in that scene.. wow.

I think it got a little campy at the end there with what happened to Natalie. And I am so not looking forward to Lottie and her weird shit. Lol.

Rodgerwilco

Feb 6, 2014
Just started this show last night and I'm digging it so far!

Only two episodes in (Showtime! app kept annoyingly crashing toward the end of Ep. 2) and it's being set up pretty well. Looking forward to seeing what's going to happen moving forward. Probably watch 2 episodes a night and finish it this weekend.

Reactions: deadinthewater

Rodgerwilco

Feb 6, 2014
Man, I'm surprised this show isn't getting more buzz. It's awesome! I'm through episode 6 right now and I'm hooked. I have a few theories about what's going on here and I am really looking forward to what happens moving forward.

Edit: the one thing that is bothering me is the fact that all of their cloths are staying so damn clean the whole time.

Peasy

May 25, 2012
Star Shoppin
Man, I'm surprised this show isn't getting more buzz. It's awesome! I'm through episode 6 right now and I'm hooked. I have a few theories about what's going on here and I am really looking forward to what happens moving forward.

Edit: the one thing that is bothering me is the fact that all of their cloths are staying so damn clean the whole time.
I think it'll pick up more buzz by the start of season 2. It has all the makings to be a hit, and it is just in its first season. Euphoria for example, their series premier only had about 500k views, but their season 2 premier ended up having 2.4m views.

Fripp

Sep 6, 2005
Portland, OR
I was really hoping this would be a mini series they could wrap up by the end of this season. It was good, but I don't see how it advances without getting even more ridiculous.

SepticFish

Jul 14, 2005
I was really hoping this would be a mini series they could wrap up by the end of this season. It was good, but I don't see how it advances without getting even more ridiculous.
This was also my feeling. I was quite surprised when I read the writers are planning for 5 seasons.

Reactions: Rodgerwilco

deadinthewater

Jan 14, 2012

Yep. I feel like they will run out of steam. Particularly the present day storyline, which kind of dragged already.

Rodgerwilco

Feb 6, 2014
Finished YJ over the weekend. Really loved it. There's a handful of open storylines that they can really take the show it a lot of different directions right now.

I'm enjoying combing over a lot of the different fan theories of what really went on out there in the woods.

It seems the writers of the show are rather ambitious, planning 5 seasons. In some of the things that I've read they don't even know where they're going with the plot right now. There's a lot more area to explore with a couple other survivors of the crash that were seen early in the season, but have not been around.

I've read that they have a handful of ideas about what happens with Shauna's baby and also what level of significance Adam has to the plot overall.

Reactions: Satans Hockey

Transplanted Caper

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2003
Wrapped this up last night. Really enjoyed it on the whole, and the older and younger actors should be credited with being able to inhabit each other so well. That takes some real doing that probably isn't appreciated enough. I am always dubious when I hear a show with a central mystery wants to do more than one season, but episodes 9 and 10 opened the mystery up enough to keep it going. That said, and this isn't a prediction, just a concern, it also opens itself up to going off a cliff. How things ended with modern Nat leaves me concerned the show will transition to what's happening in the present to what happens to the women going forward. To me, what's interesting is what happened while they were stranded and how they turned into the people they are. Yes, on some level, whether they have to pay for that now is going to be part of it, but seeing these characters chase around unknown threats in the present for a few more seasons isn't all that intriguing me.

Last edited:
Reactions: Satans Hockey

zombie kopitar

custom title
Jul 3, 2009
Best Coast
this show is just suspense blue balls. it's literally gonna be season 5, all these high schoolers are now being played people in their 30's, and we finally see them eat somone

Rodgerwilco

Feb 6, 2014
Loooovin it, so hyped this show is back!

1st episode of Season 2 flipped back and forth quite a lot, but they have to re-set each time setting so I get it. I feel worried for Steve, as things didn't work out so well for Biscuit.

They really know how to build up the suspense in this show. Looking forward to the rest of the season for sure.

Reactions: Hockeyfrilla

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
All the stuff in the woods is absolutely dynamite. The present day stories however leave something to be desired. Still the only show that I wait until midnight of the episode drop to watch right away.

Transplanted Caper

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2003
This show already having a third season renewal is....troubling. Suspect lots of puck ragging and BS to come to extend a show whose arc looks like it should be 1-2 seasons.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad