TV: Yellowjackets

Rodgerwilco

Entertainment boards w/ some Hockey mixed in.
Feb 6, 2014
Just finished the first 2 seasons, amazing show. When the hell is season 3?!
Unfortunately, seems like it will be quite a while... The writers' strike happened after just one day of the writers room beginning work on season 3.

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
Unfortunately, seems like it will be quite a while... The writers' strike happened after just one day of the writers room beginning work on season 3.
Because of the writers strike you're probably looking at mid-2024. :dunno:

Ugh, that's annoying! I want season 3 now!

Can't believe they killed off adult Natalie, though she was probably the most annoying adult character, which is funny because I think she is the best teen character. Shauna is my favorite overall character, teen and adult

BostonBob

4 Ever The Greatest
Jan 26, 2004
Vancouver, BC
Just finished the first 2 seasons, amazing show. When the hell is season 3?!

Because of the writers strike you're probably looking at mid-2024. :dunno:

Bad news - no new episodes until 2025. :thumbd:

from deadline.com:

The third season of Yellowjackets will not be premiering until 2025, Deadline has learned.

Following the writers and actors strikes that delayed production for most scripted series, the writers room for the Showtime psychological thriller reopened in September. Pre-production for the series was shut down just one day after the WGA strike began last May.

Yellowjackets is a series co-created by Ashley Lyle and Bart Nickerson that centers around a group of teenagers involved in a plane crash set in 1996 and the aftermath of the accident years later.

The series premiered in 2021 and has been acclaimed, scoring seven Primetime Emmy Award nominations in its two seasons, including Outstanding Drama Series on Monday, when it lost out to HBO’s Succession.

The ensemble cast of Yellowjackets includes Sophie Nélisse, Jasmin Savoy Brown, Sophie Thatcher, Samantha Hanratty, Liv Hewson and Courtney Eaton in the 1996 era, while their counterparts in the 2021 era are played by Melanie Lynskey, Tawny Cypress, Juliette Lewis, Christina Ricci, Lauren Ambrose and Simone Kessell.

Yellowjackets last aired a new episode on May 28, 2023, the Season 2 finale titled “Storytelling.”

Reactions: Felidae

Frankie Blueberries

Allergic to draft picks
Jan 27, 2016
I loved season 1 (one of the best first seasons of a show I’ve seen, easily 9/10) but season 2 was pretty meh to me. The plot became more and more unrealistic and less compelling. Went from a 9/10 to a 6/10 pretty quick for me.

SPOILERS

The flashbacks were wayyyy too drawn out and the end with them killing a cop while another cop is nearby and getting away with it?

Rodgerwilco

Entertainment boards w/ some Hockey mixed in.
Feb 6, 2014

from deadline.com:

The third season of Yellowjackets will not be premiering until 2025, Deadline has learned.

Following the writers and actors strikes that delayed production for most scripted series, the writers room for the Showtime psychological thriller reopened in September. Pre-production for the series was shut down just one day after the WGA strike began last May.

Yellowjackets is a series co-created by Ashley Lyle and Bart Nickerson that centers around a group of teenagers involved in a plane crash set in 1996 and the aftermath of the accident years later.

The series premiered in 2021 and has been acclaimed, scoring seven Primetime Emmy Award nominations in its two seasons, including Outstanding Drama Series on Monday, when it lost out to HBO’s Succession.

The ensemble cast of Yellowjackets includes Sophie Nélisse, Jasmin Savoy Brown, Sophie Thatcher, Samantha Hanratty, Liv Hewson and Courtney Eaton in the 1996 era, while their counterparts in the 2021 era are played by Melanie Lynskey, Tawny Cypress, Juliette Lewis, Christina Ricci, Lauren Ambrose and Simone Kessell.

Yellowjackets last aired a new episode on May 28, 2023, the Season 2 finale titled “Storytelling.”
This is very sad. One of my favorite new series in recent history. Probably since when Westworld was coming out.

I really hope that they don't fumble too much after having been off from the series for so long.

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017

from deadline.com:

Well that stinks.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad