Yeah Yeah Yeah, Patience. How Long Will That Take? (CBA & Lockout Discussion) XXI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Free*

So, he goes to 2-3 games a year and watches "several more" on TV. Sorry, but how much is this guy spending on the NHL a year? A few hundred? Why does he think that Bettman and Fehr care about his minimal contribution when they are fighting over hundreds of millions per year?
Because its a representation. Theoretically, if one fan is sending in their jerseys, there are thousands more who are just going to stop watching. One complaining fan represents the sentiments of many.

Nalens Oga

Jan 5, 2010
Canada
That is the exact thing the league should be most worried about. Obviously the idiots here (myself included) that spend 4+ hours a day reading about this BS aren't flight risks for then NHL, but they are going to lose a boatload of money from the casual fan who gave up because the league can't get their **** straight.

Why shouldn't they be worried about you? Are you still planning to spend as much on merch or at arenas or wherever as you did before?

DL44

Status quo
Sep 26, 2006
That letter sure is whiny

" I do not know the intricate details surrounding the current work stoppage , And I dont care what they are"

Sounds like NHL isn't missing much here

That's probably 80% of the fanbase' level of understanding of the situation... i.e. their bread and butter.

NHL is missing out huge if they lose fan like this guy - a- who has actually spent money on a jersey b- buys tickets to games...

YogiCanucks

Jan 1, 2007
Vancouver BC
So, he goes to 2-3 games a year and watches "several more" on TV. Sorry, but how much is this guy spending on the NHL a year? A few hundred? Why does he think that Bettman and Fehr care about his minimal contribution when they are fighting over hundreds of millions per year?

That's the MOST important fan for the league. Do you think any of us hardcore hockey fans are going to turn our noses up when the games are being played again? Nope, we'll be in the stadiums, buying jerseys and watching TV. We're the constant. The "casual" fan is the swing vote, the represent the growth of our sport. Should they care about this one dude? no of course not. But they should be worried about the aggregate of casual fans that might have the same mindset? ABSO-friggin-LUTELY

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad