Confirmed with Link: Yandle's Rights to FLA for 6th + Cond. 4th

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hi ImHFNYR

Jan 10, 2013
Wherever I'm standing atm
but OTOH some people would have been complaining we didn't go for it and undercut our chances by trading Yandle. You know that would have happened too--don't you?

Yea but no good GM is going to even think about this. Because any GM who makes trade decisions like this based on what the idiots at home with their beers and armchairs think should be fired immediately. WHat a bunch of baboons might have complained about shouldn't even enter into a GM's mind, he needs to do what's best for the team. Unfortunately our two GM's have seemingly done anything BUT what's good for the team for about 4 years now

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
A 4th and 6th is nothing to be overly excited over but it is what the trade market would bare. If the trade market would have paid more we would have got more. Gorton took the best offer he could find.

Ryan McDonut

Jan 18, 2009
New York
soo we went all in with the st louis and yandle (still don't understand this one) trades and we got rid of 4 firsts and our top prospect for NOTHING

Ori

#Connor Bedard 2023 1st, Chicago Blackhawks
Nov 7, 2014
Norway
Was never going to sign with us for that much. Florida took advantage of their tax break.

Yeah, a good point. that`s my thoughts as well - maybe Yandle wish to live far south.

Hi ImHFNYR

Jan 10, 2013
Scf and ecf is not nothing

We didn't need either one of them to get there though so his point remains. 2012 did happen after all. So did St. Louis doing essentially nothing in the first two rounds of the PO's. Showing that we didn't need him to reach the ecf and that he may in fact have almost helped us lose with his pathetic stat line after roughly 20 RS games and 12 PO games that year.

He DID stuff in the montreal series but I don't see evidence that we absolutely NEEDED him either.

Not to mention the team was clearly capable of making the ECF without him (again see 2012) so that's a pretty pathetic return...an extra 2 wins in the PO's? Instead of bowing out in game 6 ECF we bowed out with 1 win in the SCF. Again, with him on the team but not necassarily because he was NEEDED.

Yandle? What the hell was he needed for? RS stats?

But MSL I understand. The guy was near an art Ross that year when we traded for him. Yandle was just horrific roster analysis, asset management, long term thinking and yet another failure further compounded by the idiocy of the Staal trade. It all NEVERRRR should have happened had the team kept goddamn Stralman like any team with even half a brain between it's roughly "two GM's" would have figured out.

Personally I felt it was too damn much for too old a player and that we needed desperately to get a young RD, just as we had gotten a young C in Brassard years earlier. With a bounty of Cally + picks being offered I am confident we could have rustled up a damn good RD prospect. Loooots of people felt the same, we saw the nightmare RD was bound to become and folks were talking a lot about Vatanen specifically( Not that it HAD to be him). Our team last year and going into this year would be every bit as good as that years team was. Probably better, with a better pipeline.

But nope, we had to go all in on ANOTHER geriatric, end up with nothing to show for it and compound mistake after mistake until the team is so dismantled, with so barren a pipeline, that now it's not even salvageable for spare parts.

Last edited:

GeorgeKaplan

Dec 19, 2011
New Jersey
I think the Yandle trade would've still happened if we had Stralman. It's not like Stralman was putting up any points while he was here, and Yandle was the led the defense in scoring when we went to game 7 against Tampa after separating his shoulder in the first round

Hi ImHFNYR

Jan 10, 2013
We should at least remember that the 2014 and 2015 were practically 2nd rounders

More importantly, instead of 1 pick in the first 30 we had no picks of our own within the first 57ish ( or worse)...and nothing to show for this.

I think the Yandle trade would've still happened if we had Stralman. It's not like Stralman was putting up any points while he was here, and Yandle was the led the defense in scoring when we went to game 7 against Tampa after separating his shoulder in the first round

I think you have too much of a focus on the stat line, especially that "led the D in pts" bit. It's significant...but the significance is limited by how crappy our D is but I get your point. Who knows, maybe the combo of Stralman on one pair and Yandle on another gives us an actual consistent offensive threat and tempo that other teams can't combat against. Then again, maybe with Stralman our offensive movement isn't as much of an issue as it was without him and we don't feel the need to piss away a top prospect for nothing.

Instead the roster was managed like ass and we lost all guys for pretty much nothing.

Last edited:

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
We should at least remember that the 2014 and 2015 were practically 2nd rounders

I agree. Tampa traded both 1st round picks right away. Hayes was probably better than anyone we would have drafted at #28 anyway. Plus we got back and 2nd round pick in the MSL deal. I just wanted to correct him that it was 3 first round picks in the MSL/Yandle deals not 4.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad