Confirmed with Link: Yandle's Rights to FLA for 6th + Cond. 4th

Status
Not open for further replies.

McDonagh27

Aug 3, 2005
Canada
Yeah and who knows.. if it's somehow a 3rd rounder, we can draft another diamond in the rough like Buchnevich, Duke and Saarela. Sad to see him go though.:cry:

PlamsUnlimited

Big Church Bells
May 14, 2010
New York
Apparently the rumored return is 2 picks but that isn't accurate enough to really do much, how much do
Rights for someone like him go for? vesey got a 3rd

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
Apparently the rumored return is 2 picks but that isn't accurate enough to really do much, how much do
Rights for someone like him go for? vesey got a 3rd

It'll likely be two picks: One definite, and one conditional based on him signing with Florida.

As for how much they go for...don't expect much sign it's a trade for UFA rights. Big key there.

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
Its a shame they couldnt do a sign-and-trade. (Are sign-and-trades possible in the NHL?)

DelZottoHitTheNetJK

Mar 10, 2011
Absolute garbage return.

Vesey brings a 3rd yet somehow the geniuses in our FO decided a 6th and a conditional 4th in 17' would be a great price for Yandle

****ing pathetic

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I don't think that return is good. Gorton has really struggled to get a good return in trades so far. Its better than nothing since I doubt we are re-signing Yandle, but I think he could get more than that for Yandle's rights.

Brooklyn Rangers Fan

Change is good.
Aug 23, 2005
Brooklyn & Upstate
Absolute garbage return.

Vesey brings a 3rd yet somehow the geniuses in our FO decided a 6th and a conditional 4th in 17' would be a great price for Yandle

****ing pathetic

Well, let's see, Buffalo gets an extra month and a half of exclusivity to sign a player who, per the terms of the CBA, MUST sign an ELC with a max AAV of less than $1MM.

Whereas FLA traded for about a week to chat with a guy who is going to sign something like a 7 year, $45MM deal.

But sure, the Vesey trade is an appropriate comp that proves Gorton sucks. :shakehead

DelZottoHitTheNetJK

Mar 10, 2011
LOL at not understanding how UFA rights work. Would you rather lose him for nothing? Come on now.

I think you're the one who doesn't understand how it works. Tell me the success rate of a 6th round pick. We DID lose him for nothing.

Trade is only not an abomination if he signs in FLA. Even then the pick should've been this year. A 2017 4th round pick that even makes it to the NHL is going to contribute to your roster in 2020 best case scenario. Awesome

Don Chytil

Jan 14, 2010
Queens
I don't think that return is good. Gorton has really struggled to get a good return in trades so far. Its better than nothing since I doubt we are re-signing Yandle, but I think he could get more than that for Yandle's rights.

Do you seriously think they haven't been trying to trade Yandle's UFA rights for weeks now and weighing the offers? There are 5 days left before he's allowed to negotiate with anyone. I think this is a good sign.

Mikos87

Mar 19, 2002
Visit site
Pick can't be this year if he's a free agent on July 1st and the draft is a week before that.

It's something.

Had a feeling he ended up in FLA.

BUF and BOS were the other teams I'd have pegged.

DelZottoHitTheNetJK

Mar 10, 2011
Well, let's see, Buffalo gets an extra month and a half of exclusivity to sign a player who, per the terms of the CBA, MUST sign an ELC with a max AAV of less than $1MM.

Whereas FLA traded for about a week to chat with a guy who is going to sign something like a 7 year, $45MM deal.

But sure, the Vesey trade is an appropriate comp that proves Gorton sucks. :shakehead

One is a proven NHL star in his prime. The other hasn't done anything.

But we get less. Makes sense

Don Chytil

Jan 14, 2010
Queens
I think you're the one who doesn't understand how it works. Tell me the success rate of a 6th round pick. We DID lose him for nothing.

Trade is only not an abomination if he signs in FLA. Even then the pick should've been this year. A 2017 4th round pick that even makes it to the NHL is going to contribute to your roster in 2020 best case scenario. Awesome

Mhm... right

MysticLeviathan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 7, 2013
Yup.

Just a total lack of competence in asset management. What a total failure by the front office with the entire Yandle situation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad