Value of: Yandle to MTL

Beezeral

Mar 1, 2010
If they make a move for both Panarin & Bobrovsky, they'll need to shed some salary.

How about:

FLO:
Petry
15OA

MTL:
13OA
52OA (Pitts' 2nd)
Matheson
Hoffman

Florida sheds off ~ 4.5M in cap space and gets a #2RHD. (Better odds at signing both Panarin & Bob with an improved defense and after this trade Florida will be at 14 roster players signed with ~ 26M in cap space, leaving roughly 6M to sign the remaining 5-6 roster players after Bob + Panarin.

Montreal then flips Hoffman at the draft for a late first and a good young prospect. (70pts forward, 35+ G scorer entering a contract year should pay off).
Why don’t the panthers just trade Hoffman for that late first and a young prospect? My god these proposals are brutal for the panthers.

Ryuji Yamazaki

Do yuu undastahn!?
Jul 22, 2015
If they make a move for both Panarin & Bobrovsky, they'll need to shed some salary.

How about:

FLO:
Petry
15OA

MTL:
13OA
52OA (Pitts' 2nd)
Matheson
Hoffman

Florida sheds off ~ 4.5M in cap space and gets a #2RHD. (Better odds at signing both Panarin & Bob with an improved defense and after this trade Florida will be at 14 roster players signed with ~ 26M in cap space, leaving roughly 6M to sign the remaining 5-6 roster players after Bob + Panarin.

Montreal then flips Hoffman at the draft for a late first and a good young prospect. (70pts forward, 35+ G scorer entering a contract year should pay off).

:laugh:

Laus723

Graceful brutality
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2006
Wellington, FL

How about:

FLO:
Petry
15OA

MTL:
13OA
52OA (Pitts' 2nd)
Matheson
Hoffman

How bout no? Why?? There are other ways to shed salary and we may be able to keep Hoffman.

ahmedou

DOU
Oct 7, 2017
Montreal need a top4 LHD and they also need help for the power play.
Yandle just had an awesome season ranking 3rd in the league for PPP.
Age 32, signed for 4 years at 6,35 mil.

View attachment 232731
What could convince the Panthers to trade him? What are the panthers needs?
Too late. In a reset mode, it ain't the solution.

xFRaNK

Jun 16, 2018
Why don’t the panthers just trade Hoffman for that late first and a young prospect? My god these proposals are brutal for the panthers.

Hoffman is good, dont get me wrong, but he's not worth 15 OA alone in a deep draft.
he's UFA next summer and probably will ask the big bucks

Last year look what he fetch ( i know it was after the drama between him and EK65) but still
upload_2019-6-2_21-30-9.png

If he's traded, it's at the deadline if the panthers aren't in the contention for the playoff

Reactions: harv33173

Beezeral

Mar 1, 2010
Hoffman is good, dont get me wrong, but he's not worth 15 OA alone in a deep draft.
he's UFA next summer and probably will ask the big bucks

Last year look what he fetch ( i know it was after the drama between him and EK65) but still
View attachment 233273
If he's traded, it's at the deadline if the panthers aren't in the contention for the playoff
I was going off the Habs fan who said they would flip Hoffman for a late first and a good young prospect. The trades being offered by Habs fans itt are utter trash

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
Youre safe, Matheson's contract wouldn't attract a lot of GMs. I dont feel he holds negative value like say Zaitsev but his offensive potential is there in spades. He doesnt get any PP time and surprisingly plays a ton on the PK.

Cant deny his horrid year defensively but willing to give him another year or two to reach his ceiling as a top pairing guy. Q should help simplify his game and for some reason Boughner didnt have Ekblad get him the puck in motion where Mathesons true advantage come into play, his elite skating.
Wondering if Panthers would move Yandle?

Galaxydoggystyle

Jul 4, 2019
He would be easier to move than Matheson.
I'd use the PK Subban trade as comparable for a Yandle trade.
I know some MON fans were interested if he had some retention.
We can't afford Yandle and retention would have to be 50% because the Habs have there own guys to sign which will be getting some raises especially Gallagher who is getting basically double what hes getting now. I really don't think the Habs are willing to make a trade with that big of a cap coming back unless a actual star player is coming back and if the Habs were looking at Yandle or any type of trade that has big cap hit coming back it wont be until the habs get the big UFA situation of Gallagher Danault Petry Domi and Suzuki worked out. 3-4 of those players are becoming UFA all at the same time.

I also would like to point out I know the Panthers wouldnt retain 50% unless something good was going back which the Habs can't afford to trade. I really think personally that the Habs will be waiting until all the UFA's have been dealt with before doing any major moves unless of course a super star is coming back(fat chance)

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal
i like yandle, but he doesn't fit into habs reset time frame and bergevin will focus on resigning Petry while integrating Romanov into the top 4. Chiarot is out of place, but they will most likely dangle picks &/or drouin ++ for a young dman. Habs are not going to give Fla what they want and CH isn't a playoff threat with yandle.

mete, fleury, juulsen and romanov all need ice time

Reactions: Flyer lurker

Habs10025

Sep 28, 2017
Montreal need a top4 LHD and they also need help for the power play.
Yandle just had an awesome season ranking 3rd in the league for PPP.
Age 32, signed for 4 years at 6,35 mil.

View attachment 232731
What could convince the Panthers to trade him? What are the panthers needs?
Montreal wont even consider trading for Yandle.

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
We can't afford Yandle and retention would have to be 50% because the Habs have there own guys to sign which will be getting some raises especially Gallagher who is getting basically double what hes getting now. I really don't think the Habs are willing to make a trade with that big of a cap coming back unless a actual star player is coming back and if the Habs were looking at Yandle or any type of trade that has big cap hit coming back it wont be until the habs get the big UFA situation of Gallagher Danault Petry Domi and Suzuki worked out. 3-4 of those players are becoming UFA all at the same time.

I also would like to point out I know the Panthers wouldnt retain 50% unless something good was going back which the Habs can't afford to trade. I really think personally that the Habs will be waiting until all the UFA's have been dealt with before doing any major moves unless of course a super star is coming back(fat chance)
Suzuki isn't UFa. He is on ELC. Habs will trade 1, maybe 2 of those guys. Probably Tatar. They need the return. Then probably buy out Alzner next summer. They have 8 million in cap. If Tatar is traded and Alzner bought out, should give them another 7 million in caproom. Makes 15 million. Should have room.

Gallagher is a tough call, as he will take huge increase, and will soon be 29. He also will return the most. Tough choice?

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada

Ya we shouldn't need to retain 50% to move him, he's still productive and can QB a PP.
You think you will re-sign all your veteran guys and Domi as well?
Can you even make that all work cap wise and do you want to commit to all of them as well?

Blues 2nd for Yandle with some retention?

2nd and ?
Subban got a 2nd and prospect who was drafted in the 2nd round and has a bigger cap-hit than Yandle.
Yandle hasn't missed a game in over a decade and a better point producer than Subban, despite being a couple years older.

HOPE

Goal Caufield!
Jun 30, 2011
Montreal
no it isnt. They have no hope of it anytime soon. Price and Weber will be gone or irrelevant when The Habs can be serious about contenting.
I wouldn’t say they will be irrelevant, Price could still be a top goaltender depending what they decide to do with him and how well Primeau keeps developing, Weber could still be a top2/top4 since but in a more supporting role, wich is what he exels the most anyway. I feel like you give him a very good mobile offensive Dman and it could extend his lifespans! Just like a Chara!
Nothing wrong with having older players like that but i 100% agree with you, they aren’t the 2 piece you build and trade future for to force a cup window that isn’t there. Montreal has to keep doing what they are doing and bring their young gun slowly every year, kid now days have high impact faster then they uses to!

Galaxydoggystyle

Jul 4, 2019
Ya we shouldn't need to retain 50% to move him, he's still productive and can QB a PP.
Can you even make that all work cap wise and do you want to commit to all of them as well?

2nd and ?
Subban got a 2nd and prospect who was drafted in the 2nd round and has a bigger cap-hit than Yandle.
Yandle hasn't missed a game in over a decade and a better point producer than Subban, despite being a couple years older.
Thats why I said we might not make a major move until our UFA's have all been decided on. Once we have our players signed/traded/let go then we can look at our cap situation and go from there.

This has nothing to do with Yandle honestly it has to do with our situation in the organization we have a ton of UFAs coming up and adding Yandles cap hit when we aren't even making the playoffs is a bad choice.

Galaxydoggystyle

Jul 4, 2019
Suzuki isn't UFa. He is on ELC. Habs will trade 1, maybe 2 of those guys. Probably Tatar. They need the return. Then probably buy out Alzner next summer. They have 8 million in cap. If Tatar is traded and Alzner bought out, should give them another 7 million in caproom. Makes 15 million. Should have room.

Gallagher is a tough call, as he will take huge increase, and will soon be 29. He also will return the most. Tough choice?
Very tough choice because right now the Habs are really stuck in limbo we aren't good enough to make the playoffs and we don't suck enough to get a top 5 pick consistently so we can have an actual shot at a super star forward MB really f***ed us with that Price contract because as much shit Price gets on these forums hes still good enough to keep us out of the basement.

As for Gallagher I wouldn't mind signing him because we do need a leader once Weber is gone and I can see him being the next captain and we do still need to keep a few veterans around for the young kids coming up. Now if some team offers us something stupidly good then its a no brainer and we move him.

Reactions: montreal

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Thats why I said we might not make a major move until our UFA's have all been decided on. Once we have our players signed/traded/let go then we can look at our cap situation and go from there.

This has nothing to do with Yandle honestly it has to do with our situation in the organization we have a ton of UFAs coming up and adding Yandles cap hit when we aren't even making the playoffs is a bad choice.

Run some guesstimations on the numbers then? Domi and Petry seem like the odd men out in my opinion.
Re-sign Danault and Gallagher.
You don't have to worry about Suzuki for another two years, Alzner and Chiarots money/cap space more than pay for Suzukis big deal.

Petry had one decent year on the PP a couple years ago but Yandle would definitely be a better option.
I'd move Petry this off season/trade deadline, don’t see you guys locking into two RD long term, who are both into their mid 30s by next year.

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia

2nd and ?
He's also 4 years older than Subban and on downside.

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
Very tough choice because right now the Habs are really stuck in limbo we aren't good enough to make the playoffs and we don't suck enough to get a top 5 pick consistently so we can have an actual shot at a super star forward MB really f***ed us with that Price contract because as much shit Price gets on these forums hes still good enough to keep us out of the basement.

As for Gallagher I wouldn't mind signing him because we do need a leader once Weber is gone and I can see him being the next captain and we do still need to keep a few veterans around for the young kids coming up. Now if some team offers us something stupidly good then its a no brainer and we move him.
Imagine Weber has 4 or 5 years left. Boils down to how much Gallagherr wants and what he will return.

Bergerin generally good trader, ie. Suzuki, Domi, Danault, Petry, Weber trades. If Gallagher can return a young Suzuki, I would trade him.

Galaxydoggystyle

Jul 4, 2019
Imagine Weber has 4 or 5 years left. Boils down to how much Gallagherr wants and what he will return.

Bergerin generally good trader, ie. Suzuki, Domi, Danault, Petry, Weber trades. If Gallagher can return a young Suzuki, I would trade him.
I really don't think Weber has that many years left in him I think hes got maybe 2 years max before we start seeing an even bigger decline to his game but I may be wrong and he turns into Chara also you have to remember he has been injured the past few seasons so hes pretty banged up already on top of the normal wear and tear. I think Gallagher needs to be resigned regardless if we tear it all down or not we need some veterans and hes perfect for it but again If a deal is offered that we can't pass up he should be moved.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Ya we've had enough convos to know where we both stand on Yandle to MON.
Retention down to around $5 million per for a 2nd + mid level prospect

The biggest problem is Yandle has one extra year in term vs Leddy and we are only interested in them as bridges for our young LD. Whoever retains the most between Yandle and Leddy makes it attractive for the Habs. But Yandle has to be willing to waive his NMC. Honestly, I think Leddy's skating and puck entries fits our team better.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad