Value of: Yandle to MTL

xFRaNK

Jun 16, 2018
Montreal need a top4 LHD and they also need help for the power play.
Yandle just had an awesome season ranking 3rd in the league for PPP.
Age 32, signed for 4 years at 6,35 mil.

upload_2019-5-31_17-32-4.png

What could convince the Panthers to trade him? What are the panthers needs?

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
I don't see the Panthers trading him and entering yet another rebuild. Plus, i think the Habs would have concerns about age and remaining term, though Yandle was stellar last year.

xFRaNK

Jun 16, 2018
I don't see the Panthers trading him and entering yet another rebuild. Plus, i think the Habs would have concerns about age and remaining term, though Yandle was stellar last year.
I know he's kinda old, but our winning window is while Weber and price are still in shape, and Yandle almost as old as them. And right, i was just wondering if some panthers fans would agree to trade him

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
I know he's kinda old, but our winning window is while Weber and price are still in shape, and Yandle almost as old as them. And right, i was just wondering if some panthers fans would agree to trade him

There are may theories on what the Habs winning window is. But clearly Bergevin doesn't see it as now, having entered a rebuild/retool of sorts last off-season. I don't see Bergevin trading the young assets (Suzuki / Poehling etc. ) that would be required to get Yandle.

Reactions: Prairie Habs

Prairie Habs

Oct 3, 2010
I would consider it but wouldn't give up anything too good considering his age and cap hit. Panthers fans (I assume) will consider him an important part of their D and either expect a big return or would not be willing to move him at all. The only situation I see is if they land both Bob and Panarin and are looking to dump salary, but I still doubt he would be the first guy they look to move.

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
I think the guy the Panthers would want to push on the Habs is Matheson, and after watching him play last year he scares the bejeebers out of me. I fear MB may make a play for him.

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
I think the guy the Panthers would want to push on the Habs is Matheson, and after watching him play last year he scares the bejeebers out of me. I fear MB may make a play for him.

Youre safe, Matheson's contract wouldn't attract a lot of GMs. I dont feel he holds negative value like say Zaitsev but his offensive potential is there in spades. He doesnt get any PP time and surprisingly plays a ton on the PK.

Cant deny his horrid year defensively but willing to give him another year or two to reach his ceiling as a top pairing guy. Q should help simplify his game and for some reason Boughner didnt have Ekblad get him the puck in motion where Mathesons true advantage come into play, his elite skating.

Reactions: Laus723

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
Youre safe, Matheson's contract wouldn't attract a lot of GMs. I dont feel he holds negative value like say Zaitsev but his offensive potential is there in spades. He doesnt get any PP time and surprisingly plays a ton on the PK.

Cant deny his horrid year defensively but willing to give him another year or two to reach his ceiling as a top pairing guy. Q should help simplify his game and for some reason Boughner didnt have Ekblad get him the puck in motion where Mathesons true advantage come into play, his elite skating.

The only thing i liked about Matheson last season was his skating. But boy did he make really bizarre decisions in his own zone, including allowing the opposition to score uncontested. Its like he was trying to do too much and had sensory overload (brainfarts).

Talented skater with potential but a hot mess. If Drouin was a dman, he would look a bit like Matheson.

With that said, it would not surprise me if Bergevin did the unthinkable and made a play for him. Because MB is that kind of guy.

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
The only thing i liked about Matheson last season was his skating. But boy did he make really bizarre decisions in his own zone, including allowing the opposition to score uncontested. Its like he was trying to do too much and had sensory overload (brainfarts).

Talented skater with potential but a hot mess. If Drouin was a dman, he would look a bit like Matheson.

With that said, it would not surprise me if Bergevin did the unthinkable and made a play for him. Because MB is that kind of guy.

Goes to my comment of having him behind the net being trapped and forcing a play which turns into an opposition goal.

Ekblad is way better under pressure and should be the leader behind the net and finding Matheson in stride. You've seen how well he can carry the puck through all 3 zones. Boughner wasnt really tough on him either where Q will hold him accountable.

Hes also said he will do everything to be better next year. Dont even know what would make sense for you guys. We need RD but trading Matheson for prospects+picks is 100% not happening.

Only player of interest for FLA from MON is probably Petry.

Reactions: Laus723

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
I don't see the Panthers moving him, especially if they are all in trying to get Bobrovsky and Panarin.

Laus723

Graceful brutality
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2006
Wellington, FL
Yandle isn’t going anywhere, he’s underrated defensively due to his occasional brain fart gaffs, but he’s so good at moving the puck. As PatientPanther said, he’s a locker room guy also.

Based on what I’ve read recently, I don’t think Matheson is going anywhere either. I think he massively struggled with Boughner’s system, as seemingly everyone did. I look forward to watching him under Q.

Reactions: ThePatientPanther

Just Linda

Feb 24, 2018
I would do something like:
Drouin+Mete+Juulsen+2019 5th/Yandle+2019 1st+Weegar
Not sure if Florida bites.

Mutually unbeneficial

Yandle doesn't fit Montreal's time frame, Montreal loses two future studs. Florida needs Yandle now too.

Reactions: Soul53

RyderRocks73

Jul 1, 2015
Moncton, NB
Mutually unbeneficial

Yandle doesn't fit Montreal's time frame, Montreal loses two future studs. Florida needs Yandle now too.
I'll concede that it doesn't fit the Panthers needs but Yandle has 4 years of good hockey under contract which fits Montreal's window to me.
Just trying to offer up actual assets.

Beezeral

Mar 1, 2010
I'll concede that it doesn't fit the Panthers needs but Yandle has 4 years of good hockey under contract which fits Montreal's window to me.
Just trying to offer up actual assets.
You offered lesser assets every step of the way

General Fanager

Feb 2, 2010
Chambly, Qc

no it isnt. They have no hope of it anytime soon. Price and Weber will be gone or irrelevant when The Habs can be serious about contenting.

General Fanager

Feb 2, 2010
Chambly, Qc
I would do something like:
Drouin+Mete+Juulsen+2019 5th/Yandle+2019 1st+Weegar
Not sure if Florida bites.

Terrible idea for The Habs.

You simply do not give up 3 very good very young players/prospects for a 32 year old unless you are a real contender, and my friend The Habs are not a contender.

xNogaitx

Akuna Matata.
Sep 9, 2017
Edmonton
Goes to my comment of having him behind the net being trapped and forcing a play which turns into an opposition goal.

Ekblad is way better under pressure and should be the leader behind the net and finding Matheson in stride. You've seen how well he can carry the puck through all 3 zones. Boughner wasnt really tough on him either where Q will hold him accountable.

Hes also said he will do everything to be better next year. Dont even know what would make sense for you guys. We need RD but trading Matheson for prospects+picks is 100% not happening.

Only player of interest for FLA from MON is probably Petry.

If they make a move for both Panarin & Bobrovsky, they'll need to shed some salary.

How about:

FLO:
Petry
15OA

MTL:
13OA
52OA (Pitts' 2nd)
Matheson
Hoffman

Florida sheds off ~ 4.5M in cap space and gets a #2RHD. (Better odds at signing both Panarin & Bob with an improved defense and after this trade Florida will be at 14 roster players signed with ~ 26M in cap space, leaving roughly 6M to sign the remaining 5-6 roster players after Bob + Panarin.

Montreal then flips Hoffman at the draft for a late first and a good young prospect. (70pts forward, 35+ G scorer entering a contract year should pay off).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad