Injury Report: Yandle 12/5/16 (lower-body injury), supposedly out for "a while", still played

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bure1022*

changes were going to be made because of the three main issues we had last season that almost everyone here agreed upon. and probably why we had no playoff success

our problems last season
1. Horrible special teams
2. More scoring from defense
3. More scoring from bottom six

You do realize we still need all 3 things you listed right?

I have an issue with another problem that wasn't listed. Where is the elite scorer on this team?? Haven had a PPG player since Oli Jokinen. Haven't had a pure scorer since Bure. We are talking 10-16 years ago. Why haven't they addressed this?? We need a replacement for Jagr. Where is he? I think it was a bad job by them not to address this glaring problem.

Two4Fighting

Oct 17, 2007
Yandle is not the type you just replace, you have to give up a good asset to get a good return, and at this point of the season every other team is looking for the same type of player, who would you give up for it? Doing something or just wait and see are both very hard choices.

The Blue Jackets were in the same situation last year, in total disarray and now they are having a Cinderella season, I am hoping that this is the case with us.

Benched

Jan 2, 2007
With Yandle out, Matheson has to play extended minutes. Its his time to shine.

You really think they'll just extend his minutes rather than calling up a 7D? He's been horrible.

harv33173

Oct 5, 2003
our d is a major problem! kindle, ekbald and matheson just can't defend down low, or in front of the net! we need some muscle in front on d. now with yandle out our d is a total nightmare. we're going to have to score at least 4 goals a game to make up for it. from a strength to a total weakness! in boston matheson and ekblad were at fault on 2 of the goals, kindle on the other with his usual 3 or more turnovers per game and matheson was totally at fault in ot. not much to look forward to defensively right now!:cry:

FrolikFan67

Apr 29, 2012
You do realize we still need all 3 things you listed right?.

to be fair, #2 has been better (d scoring more). 27 games into the season and our d has already supplied 15 goals. last years d core wouldnt be touching that.
and scoring from the bottom-6 would be improved if the squad was healthy coming into the season so marchessault (who's currently our goal and points leader) could play on the 3rd. march, bjugstads been hurt but malgin has looked nice in his place, sceviour's up to 5 goals and 10pt, and the 4th line has added 6g's essentially.
pk has been solid but the pp obviously still needs work.

RainingRats

Dec 28, 2008
You do realize we still need all 3 things you listed right?

I have an issue with another problem that wasn't listed. Where is the elite scorer on this team?? Haven had a PPG player since Oli Jokinen. Haven't had a pure scorer since Bure. We are talking 10-16 years ago. Why haven't they addressed this?? We need a replacement for Jagr. Where is he? I think it was a bad job by them not to address this glaring problem.

Barkov can be PPG. Ovechkin and Backstrom(?) are PPG, how many cups have they won?

And lol @ why haven't we addressed that. Yeah, why haven't our GMs gone to the PPG player store and picked one out.

We'd have depth scoring if top 6 and Bjugstad could have been healthy, and March doesn't get injured. Seeing how entire bottom 6 players that we shipped out last year currently has ZERO points as of a couple days ago, it's easy to believe bottom 6 improved.

PK has absolutely improved, PP is a mess still.

Scoring from defense has to be up. You can fact check that for me.

It's a work in progress and definitely improved most of the major problems from last year. Biggest issue is TOP 6 has regressed.

BabyBennettov

May 2, 2002
Under the Sunshine
Visit site
Barkov can be PPG. Ovechkin and Backstrom(?) are PPG, how many cups have they won?

And lol @ why haven't we addressed that. Yeah, why haven't our GMs gone to the PPG player store and picked one out.

We'd have depth scoring if top 6 and Bjugstad could have been healthy, and March doesn't get injured. Seeing how entire bottom 6 players that we shipped out last year currently has ZERO points as of a couple days ago, it's easy to believe bottom 6 improved.

PK has absolutely improved, PP is a mess still.

Scoring from defense has to be up. You can fact check that for me.

It's a work in progress and definitely improved most of the major problems from last year. Biggest issue is TOP 6 has regressed.

This !

And except for Jagr, and maybe Jussi, they should all be trending upward and they will IMO. One of them is injured too which doesn't help, but we should overcome that !

Couldn't watch the last couple of games entirely but I liked the effort a lot, and our play to. Seems like we're progressing nicely and should get out of this funk in the new year at least...

Mogo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 26, 2002
Gonna be a lot of sour faces in here if they turn it around.

Didn't do it the right way.

:shakehead

I think we all want us to succeed. I don't give a **** if your a optimist, pessimist, realist or whatever as long as your a true fan of the team. All we want is to finally step out of the dark ages for good.

Chaos2k7

Believe!
Aug 10, 2003
Costa Rica
:shakehead

I think we all want us to succeed. I don't give a **** if your a optimist, pessimist, realist or whatever as long as your a true fan of the team. All we want is to finally step out of the dark ages for good.

I know you are here for the long haul, lol.

Chaos2k7

Believe!
Aug 10, 2003
Costa Rica
Say what you will there are some posters that only talk of the negative. Anything positive zilch. No worries you all know who you are.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad