Recalled/Assigned: Yakimov Recalled, Klefbom Assigned to OKC

Moose Coleman

Apr 12, 2012
Immature response my ass. If you've ever played competitive hockey at any level then you would know this happens. If you have the balls to drop the gloves then it will happen once in a while. It's an emotional sport.
Even Gretzky got annoyed enough to drop them even with Semenko riding shotgun

Maturity means being able to keep your emotions in check. Don't like the hit? Take the number and pick a better spot.

Homesick

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2005
Calgary
Maturity means being able to keep your emotions in check. Don't like the hit? Take the number and pick a better spot.
Fighting is still a part of the sport. If he had a temper tantrum and started swinging his stick around you might have a point. But you dont

Moose Coleman

Apr 12, 2012
Fighting is still a part of the sport. If he had a temper tantrum and started swinging his stick around you might have a point. But you dont

And what's your point exactly? That fighting is part of the sport, therefore getting into stupid fights is a good idea? :shakehead

dustrock

Too Legit To Quit
Sep 22, 2008
I don't mind RNH sticking up for himself, except that he is literally the last player (excepting maybe Hall) we can afford to lose.

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
I dont get the logic. I prefer Yakimov to Acton but why do we have Acton around if he isn't filling in at a time like this?

dustrock

Too Legit To Quit
Sep 22, 2008
I dont get the logic. I prefer Yakimov to Acton but why do we have Acton around if he isn't filling in at a time like this?

Think it was possible any combo of RNH, Purcell and Eberle could be hurt, I believe Acton can play wing.

Eberle not skating today.

Hockey Nightmare

Oct 25, 2007
Edmonton Oilers ‏@EdmontonOilers 2m2 minutes ago
#Oilers update from Staples Center --> RT @TomGazzola Teddy Purcell and RNH on the ice for morning skate. Jordan Eberle not participating.

Last edited:

Homesick

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2005
Calgary
And what's your point exactly? That fighting is part of the sport, therefore getting into stupid fights is a good idea? :shakehead
He's done it once in his 4th season. I've played against guys that we would push around and when they finally snapped we all took notice(even if they lost) It's called respect, and RNH earned some Saturday night

tempest2i

Jigsaw Falling Into Place
Oct 25, 2009
Cowtown
Rightieo.

Yakupov to the top line.

Purcell to Drai's wing.

Fit Yakimov somewhere in the top 6.

I don't quite care if Eberle is missing tonight, as long as they can keep LA from scoring a converted TD on them.

Psychoil

Mar 10, 2011
Edmonton Oilers ‏@EdmontonOilers 2m2 minutes ago
#Oilers update from Staples Center --> RT @TomGazzola Teddy Purcell and RNH on the ice for morning skate. Jordan Eberle not participating.

Beautiful news. The sky has stopped falling. What is Eberle crying about this morning?

ohheyhemsky

Regehr DooDoo
Nov 1, 2010
DT Cowtown
Rightieo.

Yakupov to the top line.

Purcell to Drai's wing.

Fit Yakimov somewhere in the top 6.

I don't quite care if Eberle is missing tonight, as long as they can keep LA from scoring a converted TD on them.

I really hope they leave Yakupov alone. He needs to maintain this chemistry with his line. He can't play with RNH, and only seldom can play with Hall.

Hockey Nightmare

Oct 25, 2007
This is interesting...

Jim Matheson ‏@NHLbyMatty 1m1 minute ago
Hall. Arcobello and Purcell on line. Yakimov-Perron-Joensuu. RNH out on ice but no line. Misdirection?#oilers.

ohheyhemsky

Regehr DooDoo
Nov 1, 2010
DT Cowtown
This is interesting...

Hall. Arcobello and Purcell on line. Yakimov-Perron-Joensuu. RNH out on ice but no line. Misdirection?#oilers.

Yuck.

Hall - RNH - Joensuu (at least he can play a power game. He couldn't be more useless than Eberle)
Perron - Arcobello - Purcell
Pouliot - Draisaitl - Yakupov
Hendricks - Gordon - Yakimov

(Is the way I'd want it.)

McDeathbyCheerios*

This is interesting...

The way he is writing the lines hurts my brain. I'm assuming it'll end up being...

Hall - Arcobello - Purcell
Perron - Yakimov - Joensuu
Hendricks - Gordon - Acton

Nikitin - Fayne
Nurse - Schultz
Ference - Petry

ohheyhemsky

Regehr DooDoo
Nov 1, 2010
DT Cowtown
The way he is writing the lines hurts my brain. I'm assuming it'll end up being...

Hall - Arcobello - Purcell
Perron - Yakimov - Joensuu
Hendricks - Gordon - Acton

Nikitin - Fayne
Nurse - Schultz
Ference - Petry

That's if RNH is truly not playing. Even so, not a fan of the line up.

Actually, I just tried re-writing the line-up and this is likely the best we can do. Ouch.

McDeathbyCheerios*

That's if RNH is truly not playing. Even so, not a fan of the line up.

Actually, I just tried re-writing the line-up and this is likely the best we can do. Ouch.
If Nuge is playing I think they will do..

Hall - RNH - Purcell
Perron - Arcobello - Joensuu
Hendricks - Gordon - Yakimov

Lacaar

Jan 25, 2012
Edmonton
Honestly.. There's a piece of me that is thankful Eberle is hurt. Hope it was early in the game and explains the rest..

It was probably the worst game of Hockey I've watched him play.

Injury he can recover from. I'm more worried he's just turning into a completely non factor on the ice. Which he was Saturday.

It's so hard to have faith in any player on this team sometimes.

I love the guy and we need him to contribute big time.

OnTheBrink

Apr 19, 2013
Airdrie
As bad as this sounds, If Nuge is questionable at all, I would rather he sit this one out and have another day to rest whatever is bothering him, I don't see Oilers standing a chance tonight against the Kings especially with Eberle out too, so may as well err on the safe side with Nuge, he is the single most important player for the Oilers to have any success this season.

Dorian2

Define that balance
Jul 17, 2009
Edmonton
Not much of a defence there I'm afraid. They knew it was a problem and they failed to do anything about it, isnt that exactly what Tambo did? Basically they've accepted we're going to suck and just hope that the young guys can hang on and get good enough to compete in this league while being trounced by the elites and veterans. I just hope they dont do any long term damage to the development of our young guys by forcing them to play over their heads.

Hey. It was the best I could do before my first cup of coffee.

But you're right, not much of a defence.

Kind of reminds me of a hockey team I cheer for.

Dorian2

Define that balance
Jul 17, 2009
Edmonton

I didn't watch the game really close like....but it sounds like Nuge was getting a few cheap shots thrown his way the whole game. Cannot blame him for losing his cool.

Moose Coleman

Apr 12, 2012
He's done it once in his 4th season. I've played against guys that we would push around and when they finally snapped we all took notice(even if they lost) It's called respect, and RNH earned some Saturday night

Oh good and now he's missing tonight's game. But yeah, I'm sure no one will ever mess with him again. :sarcasm:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad