Yahoo League (Draft starts tonight at 5pm PST/8pm EST)

HighAndTight

Ready To Be Hurt Again
Jan 12, 2008
Victoria, BC
Great news, we hit our goal of 16 members minimum.

Always need more people though, in case of dropouts or maybe we get to 20 teams :D

MarkusNaslund19

Dec 28, 2005
I have a question. Our minor leaguers are all prospects correct?

So the 10 players we have on our minor league team have to have played less than 40 nhl games?

And are there any limitations on calling them up?

And if we do so, would we then have to get rid of a roster player and find another prospect?

HighAndTight

Ready To Be Hurt Again
Jan 12, 2008
Victoria, BC
I have a question. Our minor leaguers are all prospects correct?

Correct.

So the 10 players we have on our minor league team have to have played less than 40 nhl games?

Correct.

And are there any limitations on calling them up?

No.

And if we do so, would we then have to get rid of a roster player and find another prospect?

Yes you would have to waive a player to call up a prospect, unless he's on IR.

You can find another prospect to fill the gap or you can leave the space empty.

MarkusNaslund19

Dec 28, 2005
Not to be a ballbreaker, but I think if we want this league to happen/work we need to set up a time and do the draft soon. I can appreciate that a lot of people seem to be taking their time in joining up. But puck drop is in 21 days, and long drafts do take time.

Spokestick

Jun 9, 2011
Not to be a ballbreaker, but I think if we want this league to happen/work we need to set up a time and do the draft soon. I can appreciate that a lot of people seem to be taking their time in joining up. But puck drop is in 21 days, and long drafts do take time.

Completely agree with this. The faster we get this type of info nailed down, the better.

Spokestick

Jun 9, 2011
Also, everyone who's signed up on :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:, please head over there and create roster threads, kind of like a 'roll-call'...

Spokestick

Jun 9, 2011
This is in danger of falling apart if people don't follow through here... We have to have all GM's check in, set up roster threads, and we have over 30 rounds of drafting to go through... C'mon folks, please either step up to the responsibilities, or at worst let us know you're not gonna follow through...

MarkusNaslund19

Dec 28, 2005
Andy, I think as the commish this probably falls on you. If I were in your shoes I'd think about setting an ultimatum, get the roster/draft threads on the other website set-up by a certain point or be booted. We won't be short on replacements.

I agree with the habs gm. If we don't get it going soon, people will lose interest and/or it just won't happen.

HighAndTight

Ready To Be Hurt Again
Jan 12, 2008
Victoria, BC
Andy, I think as the commish this probably falls on you. If I were in your shoes I'd think about setting an ultimatum, get the roster/draft threads on the other website set-up by a certain point or be booted. We won't be short on replacements.

I agree with the habs gm. If we don't get it going soon, people will lose interest and/or it just won't happen.

Yep for sure. We're setting a date for when we need to start the draft. It's step up or GTFO time. This only works with active GMs.

HighAndTight

Ready To Be Hurt Again
Jan 12, 2008
Victoria, BC
Sent PMs to the posters who have shown interest. Check your boxes. Also make sure to let me know which team name you want if you haven't yet.

Taken teams are:
Boston
Colorado
Detroit
Los Angeles
Montreal
NYR
Ottawa
Philadelphia
Pittsburgh
St Louis
Vancouver
Washington

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: site has been majorly updated. Staff positions available. Get your roster threads ready.

Last edited:

HighAndTight

Ready To Be Hurt Again
Jan 12, 2008
Victoria, BC
12 people are already registered at the site. 4 more and we can start the draft.

If everyone joins up looks like we'll have 20 teams :D

HighAndTight

Ready To Be Hurt Again
Jan 12, 2008
Victoria, BC
I'd love to start the draft tomorrow morning. I'll have the draft order posted tonight when we have an even amount of members.

We're at 17 :D

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad