Yahoo League (Draft starts tonight at 5pm PST/8pm EST)

MarkusNaslund19

Dec 28, 2005
I'd like to join. Two stats I thought you could include would be Shorthanded Time on ice, and blocked shots.

Also, salary cap? Personally I would even be interested in using the real salary cap as it will mean that some good players will have to be left on the table. I somehow doubt others will agree.

MarkusNaslund19

Dec 28, 2005
Can I be added to the list?

Also, when does the draft start, and is it a long draft? Or a single day?
If it's single day I probably can't do it on the weekend which may screw me on this one.

HighAndTight

Ready To Be Hurt Again
Jan 12, 2008
Victoria, BC
3 spots left before I get everything setup. 5 spots left until we're full. If there is more interest I'm down for more teams. That would be kinda nutz :laugh:

I'll be setting up the :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: site for us today. If you don't think you'll be able to be an active poster/member let me know now.

HighAndTight

Ready To Be Hurt Again
Jan 12, 2008
Victoria, BC
Rules:

(Rules are subject to change.)

Rosters

Rosters are as following:

4C
4LW
4RW
4D
2G (Only 1 goalie has to be played per day, but up to 2 can start.)

6 Bench Players
10 minor league players allowed in your system.
Minimum roster size is 18 players, Maximum is 34 (24 players, 10 prospects.)

Player/Goalie Scoring Stats

Forwards/Defensemen Stat Categories: Goals (G), Assists (A), Plus/Minus (+/-), Penalty Minutes (PIM), Powerplay Points (PPP), Shorthanded Points (SHP), Game-Winning Goals (GWG), Shots on Goal (SOG), Faceoffs Won (FW), Hits (HIT), Blocked Shots (BKS).

Goaltenders Stat Categories: Wins (W), Goals Against Average (GAA), Saves (SV), Save Percentage (SV%), Shutouts (SHO).

Prospects

A Prospect is any player with less then 40 games NHL experience. Your prospect roster can consist of a maximum of 10 players. Once a prospect has reached his games played mark the GM must either promote him to his main club or have that player placed on waivers. Prospects can be dropped and picked up like regular players. If you notice a guy who wasn't drafted in our prospect draft is available and you don't like one of your picks, scoop him up.

Player/Prospect Draft

The Player Draft will be a randomly ordered snake draft. While the prospect draft will be the reverse order of the player draft. Any player with at least 40 games NHL experience is available to draft in the Player draft.

The draft will be offline. Once the draft starts the GM at the podium will have 1 hour to make his selection. He is also responsible for notifying the next GM in line. If you miss your spot you will be passed over until you return or the end of the round.

Since there is a time limit we should all know about what time we'll have to pick, GM's who know they won't be around to make a pick must PM a list to a MOD or the Admin. (If you are worried about people knowing who you will select you can send me(The Admin) a pm with each pick you'd like to make and i'll only open the most recent one. MUST LABEL PMs properly if you are going to send them in this way.)

Draft Picks

Each team will have 10 draft picks every year. Draft picks can be traded. Please maintain a list of which draft picks you have.

Example:

Montreal Draft Picks

2013 - 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th etc
2014 - 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th etc

If you receive a traded pick make sure to make a note of it.

Example:

Montreal Draft Picks

2013 - 1st, 1st(VAN), 3rd, 4th, 5th etc

Injured Reserve

Each team has 2 inured reserve spots. These spots do not count towards your roster total. Once a player has been activated from injured reserve the GM has 3 days to return them to their active roster, by dropping a player to make room, or lose said player to waivers.

Free Agency

When picking up a player from Free Agency you must make a post claiming the player and which player you are dropping and the roster size. Example:

(08/09/2013)Montreal Canadiens sign Anson Carter(LW) NHL roster at 19 , and drop Ray Whitney(C) NHL roster at 18.

For a FA prospect signing:

(08/09/2013)Philadelphia Flyers sign Sasha Barkov(W) Prospect roster at 11, and drop Darren Archibald(C) Prospect roster at 10.

Before you make a transaction you must post what moves you are making in the Free Agency forum. If a moved is made on Yahoo before it is posted the move will be reversed. (Same rules apply to Prospect rosters and simply waiving players.)

When all is said and done I should be able to follow all your moves by who was dropped and added, the roster numbers, and the dates.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad