Yahoo Fantasy Leagues looking for GMs...

rikker

Jun 6, 2003
Visit site
sorry if this doesn't deserve it's own thread, but i thought that many would like to know. i was there yesterday, and there were more than 350 leagues set up already.

i remember there being someone interested in starting a league, so now is the time to do it.

InformTheMasses

Jun 13, 2010
www.youtube.com
I know there are other leagues done here, wouldn't want to step on any toes, but if there are more people interested in joining than spots available I could set up a league as large as 16 teams.

I'm old school with tgevsettings though. Points awarded for goals assists saves and wins. No categorial points. Weekly matchups, not nightly. I have found this is usually the most enjoyable setup for fantasy hockey from the folks that play in leagues passed.

The Underboss

Dec 20, 2006
Florida
I know there are other leagues done here, wouldn't want to step on any toes, but if there are more people interested in joining than spots available I could set up a league as large as 16 teams.

I'm old school with tgevsettings though. Points awarded for goals assists saves and wins. No categorial points. Weekly matchups, not nightly. I have found this is usually the most enjoyable setup for fantasy hockey from the folks that play in leagues passed.

If it's a Yahoo league, I'd be interested.

YearlyLottery

The Pooch Report
Feb 7, 2013
South Carolina
I made up a dynasty league before with some posters on here that's still going, but since I'm only in one fantasy football league this year I'll have the time for another hockey league.

If ITM doesn't want to run it I'd be willing to make the league up, send invites and whatnot.

InformTheMasses

Jun 13, 2010
www.youtube.com
Sorry it took so long boys. Here are the settings, I may cap the team's at 14 instead of 16. If interested pm me your email address and ill send you an invite. The settings are different than a typical fantasy hockey league but they are the settings that have created the most enjoyable leagues me and my hockey buds have been in. I think/hope you'll enjoy them too. Check the players page and look at last year's stats using these settings to get a good feel of how these translate.

Draft date likely to change but doesn't have to, I just picked a day at random.

Scoring & Settings
Setting Value
League ID#: 15205
League Name: HFBOARDS
Password:
Draft Type: Live Standard Draft
Draft Time: Thu Oct 2 7:30pm EDT [ Add to My Calendar ]
Max Teams: 16
Live Draft Pick Time: 1 Minute, 30 Seconds
Scoring Type: Head-to-Head - Points
Max Acquisitions for Entire Season: No maximum
Max Trades for Entire Season No maximum
Trade Reject Time: 2
Trade End Date: March 5, 2015
Allow Draft Pick Trades: No
Waiver Time: 2 days
Waiver Type: Continual rolling list
Waiver Mode: Standard
Can't Cut List Provider: Yahoo Sports
Trade Review: League Votes
Post Draft Players: Follow Waiver Rules
Max Acquisitions per Week: 4
Min Goalie Appearances: No minimum
Weekly Deadline: Weekly on Monday
Start Scoring on: Week 1
Playoffs: Week 22, 23 and 24 (8 teams) Note: Week 24 runs 7 days from Mar 30 to Apr 5
Playoff Reseeding: Yes
Lock Eliminated Teams: Yes
Divisions: No
Make League Publicly Viewable: No
Roster Positions: C, C, W, W, W, W, F, D, D, G, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, IR, IR
Forwards/Defensemen Stat Category Value
Goals (G) 5
Assists (A) 2.5
Goaltenders Stat Category Value
Wins (W) 5
Goals Against (GA) -2
Saves (SV) 0.25
Shutouts (SHO) 5

InformTheMasses

Jun 13, 2010
www.youtube.com
Just a reminder to the guys above (and anyone else interested). Please pm me your email so I can invite you to the league.

It will be filled by the first 14 to join.

InformTheMasses

Jun 13, 2010
www.youtube.com
Teams Signed up (10):
rikker
JZCislesHockey
InformTheMasses
NYIsles55
YearlyLottery
dspbathroom
A Pointed Stick
ScaredStreit
Slapshot723
Sverra

Teams invited but yet to join (1):
IceAce

3 Spots left. Draft on Tuesday Oct 7 (3 weeks away :amazed: ).

A Pointed Stick

No Idea About The Future
Dec 23, 2010
Teams Signed up (10):
rikker
JZCislesHockey
InformTheMasses
NYIsles55
YearlyLottery
dspbathroom
A Pointed Stick
ScaredStreit
Slapshot723
Sverra

Teams invited but yet to join (1):
IceAce

3 Spots left. Draft on Tuesday Oct 7 (3 weeks away :amazed: ).

What time (East coast time) were you doing the draft?

InformTheMasses

Jun 13, 2010
www.youtube.com
Teams Signed up (12):
rikker
JZCislesHockey
InformTheMasses
NYIsles55
YearlyLottery
dspbathroom
A Pointed Stick
ScaredStreit
Slapshot723
Sverra
IceAce
Drivefor5

2 Spots left. Draft on Tuesday Oct 7 at 7:45 pm EST (10 days away)

Last two people to sign up fill the league. Just send me a pm with your email address.

InformTheMasses

Jun 13, 2010
www.youtube.com
This league is now full.

Just a final reminder that the draft is on Tue Oct 7 7:45pm EDT on yahoo. Please check your systems ahead of time to make sure you can load the draft on your device before the draft begins.

Also, I made this change today (I can certainly change it back if there is a lot of people disagreeing) but I have changed the draft from standard to auction.

My reasoning, I just experienced my first auction hockey draft a week or so ago. I wasn't sure what to expect, but I have to say, it was the most fun I had at a hockey draft in a long time.

It's also the fairest, everyone has a shot at every player (until you blow your budget). And you have a lot more freedom to form your team the way you want to.

Again, I can change this back if there's an issues, but I feel pretty confident that everyone will enjoy the draft.

I don't want to keep this thread live on HFboards moving forward (its no fun for anyone to read except for the 14 of us that are in the league) so if you can move all league talk to the league page on yahoo, that would be great.

Good luck everyone, see you Tuesday night!

Isles5513

Please don't lose
May 18, 2014
Long Island
I've only ever done one auction draft before, and it was a mock draft for fantasy football, but I'll give it a shot. I guess I'll be doing a lot of mocks over the weekend.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad