Yahoo! Fantasy Hockey: The Tikkanen League 2023-24

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
I'd like to welcome back all of the returning general managers to our annual fantasy hockey league.

There will be some changes that we'll be introducing for the upcoming season.

We'll utilize an 18-player lineup again consisting of 3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 5 D, 2 UTIL, 2 G, with 4 bench players. The amount of players on IR+ will remain at 4.

The scoring system will also get an update. Many agreed that a hit, block, or shot on goal should not weigh the same as a goal or assist, so I've added the following points for each stat category that we'll be utilizing:

Goals - 6 points
Assists - 5 points
PPG - 6 points
PPA - 5 points
SHG - 6 points
SHA - 5 points
GWG - 2 points
SOG - 0.7 points
Hits - 0.5 points
Blocks - 0.5 points

Games Started - 0.3 points
Wins - 5 points
Goals Against - -2 points
Saves - 0.5 points
Shutouts - 5 points

These are all preliminary and I'm open to adjusting them based on feedback.

Also, for any GMs not returning, please let me know, and if anyone is interested in joining, just reply in here or shoot me a message.

Look forward to yet another fun season!

BringTheReign

Jul 3, 2008
San Diego
I'm in again, and thanks for organizing as always! "Vote for Lubo!" will be looking to get back onto the podium after a rough past season.

The changes look good to me. I'd be okay with reducing the IR player slots, but I think we discussed that last year and decided against it. No worries either way on my end.

Last and most important, RIP Tikkanen.

Sleeping Dog

Fan Since ‘68
Sep 21, 2013
LBC
I’m back for another year. Any way we could have a smaller roster. If you get an injury or a slumping player, there just are many pickup options. Just a thought.

Chazz Reinhold

Sep 6, 2005
The Stanley Cup
Not that it really matters since all stats will be boosted accordingly, but we're probably going to get some astronomical scores in matchups this season with those values for the various categories.

I'm neutral on changing roster sizes, so I'll defer to others on that.

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
I’m back for another year. Any way we could have a smaller roster. If you get an injury or a slumping player, there just are many pickup options. Just a thought.
I'm hoping with the expanded rosters, those extra players can compensate for those things you mentioned. We'll see how it goes, but with a league of 12 teams and 22 total roster spots, we'll have 264 total in players who will be assigned to teams, which should still leave a pretty decent pool of players available.

Not that it really matters since all stats will be boosted accordingly, but we're probably going to get some astronomical scores in matchups this season with those values for the various categories.

I'm neutral on changing roster sizes, so I'll defer to others on that.
The default numbers were actually higher than those, lol, but I lowered them right now. Let me know if you're able to see the edited points per stat category. If you can't see them, I can go ahead and post them in this thread.

If there's room, I'd like to be back this season
I'll let you know if we have any openings.

Reactions: Chazz Reinhold

DrHansReinhardt

Nov 12, 2019
Drafting 14th
1663788068598.png

Chazz Reinhold

Sep 6, 2005
The Stanley Cup
I'm hoping with the expanded rosters, those extra players can compensate for those things you mentioned. We'll see how it goes, but with a league of 12 teams and 22 total roster spots, we'll have 264 total in players who will be assigned to teams, which should still leave a pretty decent pool of players available.

The default numbers were actually higher than those, lol, but I lowered them right now. Let me know if you're able to see the edited points per stat category. If you can't see them, I can go ahead and post them in this thread.

I'll let you know if we have any openings.

Those numbers you updated to in Yahoo look good to me. It’s impossible to quantify exactly how much more a goal should be worth than a shot, for example, (since well-placed shots off the pads can lead to easy goals), so it’s all going to be subjective anyway. Those values are fairly close to the ones in other points leagues I’ve played in, for whatever that’s worth.

Butch 19

Go cart Mozart
May 12, 2006
Geographical Oddity
I gave up fantasy sports and PCP a few years back, but I wanted to take this opportunity to throw in a RIP Tikkanen.
I didn't always agree with what you said here but you always had solid takes and very very good hockey mind.

RIP
indeed.

When I was a kid I slammed that hockey board game.
I could pick the top corner shelf from the blue line

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
For those interested in joining, I'll let you know if any spots become available.

For the returning GMs, the draft is scheduled for this Sunday at 3:00 PM PST.

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
Thus far I haven’t heard anything from a GM wanting out, but if anything changes, I’ll go down the list of those who expressed interest in a first come order.

Also a note to the returning GMs, the draft date and time has been changed to the latest possible date we can hold a draft, which is Thursday, October 6 at 7:00 PM PST.

The NHL regular season starts the following day at 11:00 AM since the Sharks and Sabres are opening the season in Europe.

Hope to see you all live in attendance for our online draft.

BringTheReign

Jul 3, 2008
San Diego
Damn, may not be able to attend live with the new time. I'll try to draft from my phone at least. No worries though, understand moving it back to give more time to those deciding to join/leave.

I'll just have to make sure I have my list input ahead of time. On that note, there's a super useful Chrome add-in for importing player lists into Yahoo Fantasy I found for football season this year: Pre-Draft Rankings for Yahoo Fantasy Sports

Reactions: Ziggy Stardust

Chazz Reinhold

Sep 6, 2005
The Stanley Cup
Thus far I haven’t heard anything from a GM wanting out, but if anything changes, I’ll go down the list of those who expressed interest in a first come order.

Also a note to the returning GMs, the draft date and time has been changed to the latest possible date we can hold a draft, which is Thursday, October 6 at 7:00 PM PST.

The NHL regular season starts the following day at 11:00 AM since the Sharks and Sabres are opening the season in Europe.

Hope to see you all live in attendance for our online draft.
Ziggy, that's the exact same time as my draft in my keeper league. Any chance we could do one day earlier maybe?

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
Great news, we’ll have the draft a bit earlier. Consider it some pregame entertainment prior to tomorrow’s preseason game against the Ducks.

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
We might have a team available, for those still interested in joining the league. The potentially available team has the following lineup:

Auston Matthews Tor - C
Nazem Kadri Cgy - C
Robert Thomas StL - C
J.T. Miller Van - C,LW
Jason Robertson Dal - LW
Clayton Keller Ari - LW,RW
Mitchell Marner Tor - RW
Drake Batherson Ott - RW
Dawson Mercer NJ - C,RW
Jared Spurgeon Min - D
Jake Sanderson Ott - D
Vince Dunn Sea - D
Gustav Forsling Fla - D
Samuel Girard Col - D
Boone Jenner Cls - C
Josh Norris Ott - C
Nikolaj Ehlers Wpg - LW,RW
Martin Necas Car - RW
Sean Couturier Phi - C
Gabriel Landeskog Col - C,LW
Kaapo Kahkonen SJ - G
MacKenzie Blackwood NJ - G
Ville Husso Det - G
Antti Raanta Car - G
Cam Talbot Ott - G

If anyone is still interested in joining the league, please reply or DM me with your email address, and I'll assign the team over to you.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad